Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 21520 21521 21522 ... 22566 22567 22568
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-16 19:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Freehugs said: »
There is no way they will go back and reshoot anything. Its a waste of time. It wouldn't be cheap either. Not only that, they would probably have to renegotiate contracts with the actors who all seem to be over it and ready to move on.

I'm pretty sure nothing of any real value on change.org ever actually gets changed. I just thought it was damn hilarious.

https://www.change.org/p/hbo-remake-game-of-thrones-season-8-with-competent-writers

Six hundred fifty thousand sigs now
By Viciouss 2019-05-16 19:22:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Its true that petition isn't going anywhere, but it reflects how unhappy people are with the poor writing that has plagued the show for the last few seasons, and is now on the verge of being known for ending incredibly badly, would not recommend.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-16 19:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not really a fan. But you can tell where the books ended and these guys took over. That really shouldn't happen.

I mean ***, texas tries to succeed from the union what, yearly? It's a meme site at best.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2019-05-16 19:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

He was collaborating early on, but he left the show around the end of s3 to "concentrate" on book 6. That was 4+ years ago, and still no book 6. Of 7. And he isn't sick, he told them the basics, but they went way off the rails, didn't include some characters, made up others.

Post deleted by User.
By clearlyamule 2019-05-16 19:33:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
clearlyamule said: »
I can guarantee people have desired much more than that. Namely things that can't ever be obtained without something like magic (or much more advanced tech). Give me Phenomenal cosmic power without the itty bitty living space.
Yeah, but the goal isn't to rule the galaxy, just the world..
You're goal perhaps but you did say anyone could want

I'd disagree with you though on some. Under most circumstances your stock manipulation would have a very real effect on said markets. Still doable but still some risk that could be mostly but not completely be mitigated with things like frequent rechecking and being smart about your transactions.
It would, but honestly, not as much as you think.

Stocks are of finite supply. If I buy X number of stocks in ABC company, I'm essentially preventing another person from buying stocks in the same company. If I only buy stocks prior to major events (stock splits, major development in technology with company like how Yahoo went from $2/share to $50/share within 24 hours, and major mergers or ISOs) and sell them when they are at their highest for the time, then it's pure, 100% profit. I just take that profit away from somebody else who would have cashed out at the same time.
It really depends on the volume you do it in. Anything large will get people watching and reacting

Meanwhile only some lotteries would be effected. Namely only raffle style ones. All the huge ones with huge jackpots draw numbers at completely random independent of tickets bought though it would effect future jackpots
Naw, think of it this way. The numbers I would find out on tomorrow's Mega Millions would change because those numbers were drawn before I purchased the ticket that has those numbers. By changing the past, I changed the future based on the randomness of the balls, because that #7 that was supposed to go into the tube may have turned right instead of left when I saw it last. Lotteries are pure luck.

Scratch-offs, on the other hand, are not. If I know that a store in my area sold a million dollar ticket, I could go back in time and get that ticket before the person who would have won gets it. Because going back in time wouldn't change the outcome of that store having that ticket, only who got that ticket.
You act like you are explaining this but are in fact merely stating your original point again as fact. If you want to actually counter that explain how having a ticket print you out a piece of paper causes an astronomical chain of events that eventually causes a different ball to roll into a tube.

And if we are going to go into that level of insane butterfly effects then I think I can come up with one that would make your decision to buy a scratch off somehow caused it to go to another store. Or for someone to drive into said store
By Viciouss 2019-05-16 19:33:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Its pretty outrageous that book 5 came out in 2011 and there is still no sign of book 6, and its a 7 part series. The show created a lot of pressure for him, but still. It doesn't take 7+ years to write one book.
By clearlyamule 2019-05-16 19:35:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
Its true that petition isn't going anywhere, but it reflects how unhappy people are with the poor writing that has plagued the show for the last few seasons, and is now on the verge of being known for ending incredibly badly, would not recommend.
It's been poor since at least season 3. I figured everyone would be used to it by now
By Viciouss 2019-05-16 19:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I think everyone has been used to it for a while, but now that its actually ending, people are just upset that their hopes for things getting better are not going to happen. The writing never got better, everything else is great, but the writing has stained the legacy of the show, and nothing can save it. That's what happens when you hire the writers of Wolverine Origins to write your biggest, most expensive show ever.

..And Disney thinks their Star Wars movie is going to be any better?
By Chrissyb 2019-05-16 19:55:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I just returned a week ago after a long 5yr hiatus. Reactivated my account which was still there to my surprise. Logged in an boy bahamut is empty. Tried shouting to find a social ls with no luck. Ffxi sucks with nobody to b.s. with or do stuff.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-16 19:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
user: voiceless
By Asura.Swaggernaught 2019-05-16 20:08:25
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
user: voiceless
By Asura.Swaggernaught 2019-05-16 20:08:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Chrissyb said: »
I just returned a week ago after a long 5yr hiatus. Reactivated my account which was still there to my surprise. Logged in an boy bahamut is empty. Tried shouting to find a social ls with no luck. Ffxi sucks with nobody to b.s. with or do stuff.
thats why you go to asura
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-05-16 20:15:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Swaggernaught said: »
thats why you go to asura
No... stop telling people that. Go to odin or shiva. Asura is full to the brim overcamped everything. everything is merc'd you want gear? exp? cp? better come with Loaded pockets. We dont need anymore people.
By Viciouss 2019-05-16 20:54:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Come to Shiva, we have a spot for you.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2019-05-16 21:08:51
Link | Quote | Reply

SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays site has updated with a few new things.
One of the new screenshots seems to have leaked that we'll be getting Build Fighters in the game at some point (my guess is DLC) since it shows what appears to be Fenice Rinascita.

Now I just need them to announce that the game isn't region locked on Steam because everything so far implies the English release will only be available in Southeast Asia and that'd suck.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2019-05-16 21:30:55
Link | Quote | Reply

My attempt at a Judge Magister glamour. Shockingly few viable body pieces for it as a tank, hopefully that changes in ShB.
[+]
By Josiahafk 2019-05-16 23:14:58
Link | Quote | Reply

*Hugs anytime they walk in RT*

[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2019-05-17 02:32:39
Link | Quote | Reply

JOSI!!!
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2019-05-17 02:33:25
Link | Quote | Reply

is it really you??
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Chrissyb 2019-05-17 07:56:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Man this is a 11 site we don't wanna see screen shots from the fake final fantasy online.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2019-05-17 08:24:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Man this is a 11 site we don't wanna see screen shots from the fake final fantasy online.

Alright then bye Felicia o/

In other news, some Shadowbringers job ability/adjustment leaks!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-05-17 08:50:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I really, really, really hope the world ends today.

Just let the sun go supernova and purify this solar system to ash.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-05-17 08:53:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Its pretty outrageous that book 5 came out in 2011 and there is still no sign of book 6, and its a 7 part series. The show created a lot of pressure for him, but still. It doesn't take 7+ years to write one book.
How many books have you written?
[+]
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-05-17 09:44:42
Link | Quote | Reply

That'd be fantastic, though Id like a heads up so I have 7min(lightspeed) to do some "things"
By Josiahafk 2019-05-17 09:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Endoq said: »
is it really you??
Good to see you.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-05-17 09:49:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
How many books have you written?

Over 9000, obviously.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-05-17 10:04:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chaostaru said: »

That'd be fantastic, though Id like a heads up so I have 7min(lightspeed) to do some "things"
Oh, if I had my way, the world would have ended ages ago.

But sure, if I ever discover the method of creating a supernova, and have the ability to do so, I will give you a 7 minute warning....6 minutes and 30 seconds later.
First Page 2 3 ... 21520 21521 21522 ... 22566 22567 22568