Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 16399 16400 16401 ... 22575 22576 22577
By Bloodrose 2015-01-29 15:56:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Another social norm I don't understand. Honesty is all that matters to me, just cause I give you a bad news without sugar coating doesn't mean I lack empathy for you.
It actually shows greater empathy than a lack of it.

People often sugar coat the truth because they feel sorry for the one receiving it - which would be sympathy.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-01-29 16:03:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Weakness said: »
"some creepy internet guy"
I'd consider you creepy if you showed up at my door(some of you might remember that story).

I actually wish I could talk to more people directly but my personality is a monster that makes people lose interest/run away quickly. I don't keep conversations going, I fail to initiate them too, I'm very closed and it's very hard to make me talk. Don't believe me ask Scar, he still fails to connect with me often.

Basically, if you think I'm a social internet person you are mistaken, I have been talking in private with only one person for over a year now, everyone seem to assume I have lots of friends(at least from what I've read in some pm and stuff)but I'm actually always by myself.
By Artemicion 2015-01-29 16:04:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Another social norm I don't understand. Honesty is all that matters to me, just cause I give you a bad news without sugar coating doesn't mean I lack empathy for you.

I can understand and definitely agree with that.
I guess I just wanted to note that tact, at least to me, is more about appropriately articulating your point of view or message through better word choice than strictly finding a way not to offend or upset someone.

A better choice of words can make a world of difference in the outcome of your conversation when you're more keen on understanding who it is you're talking to, and what you're trying to say to them.
[+]
By Fyyvoaa 2015-01-29 16:05:58
Link | Quote | Reply

ahhh discussion post done.

I'll do the quiz in a few hours :x
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-01-29 16:09:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
Honesty can be painful
To me it will always be better than any sweet lie.

Showing concern over causing someone pain shows you're not doing it for the purpose of causing them pain
I don't understand this. I'm being honest with them, there can't be a hidden meaning in sincerity..

Example, someone walks up to you, pushes you down. Before you realize that they did it to save you from being hit by a car or something, you'd be like wth dude! You might even get violent back. That's just human nature.
That's a bad example, I'd see the car speeding by. And I wouldn't get violent with anyone, I'd ask why if anything.
It also has to do with trust. How do I know what your motivation for your honest is? There's tons of characters out there. Many of them wish to use and manipulate you. Before I'll trust your words or even know if they are honest I have to trust you. That also is just human nature imho.
Same as I said above...I'd trust a sincere person not someone who isn't. What kind of reasoning is that?
By Bloodrose 2015-01-29 16:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

What you're talking about is more along the lines of Precision of Language. Tact can be invoked, but that's a side effect, that allows you to communicate better with the target audience, or present information that is easily digested by the mind.

Tact however, doesn't need to be precise.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-01-29 16:16:22
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

\o/
By Artemicion 2015-01-29 16:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm, do I get the Asus Strix or the EVGA SSC?
By Bloodrose 2015-01-29 16:18:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asus Strix
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-01-29 16:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Trust me, I've been mistreated plenty. You can even say I get stepped on continously, and yet..
 Fenrir.Weakness
Server: Fenrir
user: Weakness
By Fenrir.Weakness 2015-01-29 16:18:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Have a 970 SSC, good card, over clocks well, runs hot as hell.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-01-29 16:19:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said: »
Hmmm, do I get the Asus Strix or the EVGA SSC?

Galaxy HoF

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Artemicion 2015-01-29 16:20:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Weakness said: »
Have a 970 SSC, good card, over clocks well, runs hot as hell.

Huh. I thought the ACX cooler would keep things under reasonable temps, but EVGA has always gone more towards higher overclock thresholds than emphasizing on cooling or silence.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-01-29 16:22:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I just cannot seem to process that someone might be purposedely mean for shits and giggles. Even though it has happened to me many many times, I just can never make the assumption cause I don't understand it, to me it doesn't make sense.
By Artemicion 2015-01-29 16:22:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Heh, I wish Proth. If it were for me, I'd say "Hell yeah!", but this one is a gift for a friend, so I'm getting a GTX 960 for something a little more reasonably priced.

Worth noting he's upgrading from a Radeon FIVE series.
By Bloodrose 2015-01-29 16:22:25
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're able to give everyone saying things to you that are painful the benefit of the doubt, kudos. I just hope it doesn't bite you in the rear sometime. I've had it do that to me too often, so that's why I don't. To me, you're a bad person until you prove you're not. And professing intent in how you go about interacting with me is one of the first indicators for that to me.

Anyway, it's getting pretty heavy in here so feel free to change the subject if you want.
Nipples.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-01-29 16:24:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Heh, I wish Proth. If it were for me, I'd say "Hell yeah!", but this one is a gift for a friend, so I'm getting a GTX 960 for something a little more reasonably priced.

strix then. fan features on it are nice
 Asura.Ackeronll
Server: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-01-29 16:24:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Honesty can be painful

This is the biggest lie ever!
If I could find the damn NCIS clip where Tony explains why I would link it.

But it all comes back to this....
Does my butt look big?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-01-29 16:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ackeronll said: »
Does my butt look big?
If it does I'll tell you so. If you didn't want to know you shouldn't have asked.
By Bloodrose 2015-01-29 16:25:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ackeronll said: »
Honesty can be painful

This is the biggest lie ever!
If I could find the damn NCIS clip where Tony explains why I would link it.

But it all comes back to this....
Does my butt look big?
Yes, Isack, your butt looks really big.

So you have to push it. Push it real good.

*insert SirMixAlotmp3here*
 leo
By leo 2015-01-29 16:27:43
Link | Quote | Reply

This tact thing is really simple:

Having tact boils down to knowing how to judge the appropriate way of transmitting the intended message to another human being.

Since we (mostly) don't know each other at the necessary levels of intimacy, reaching the proper level of tact is complicated so the AH staff simply asked us to go down the "judge using common sense" form of tact.

Fortunately society has set rules on that regard and that's where this "judge using common sense" comes from.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-01-29 16:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

leo said: »
This tact thing is really simple:

Having tact boils down to knowing how to judge the appropriate way of transmitting the intended message to another human being.

Since we (mostly) don't know each other at the necessary levels of intimacy, reaching the proper level of tact is complicated so the AH staff simply asked us to go down the "judge using common sense" form of tact.

Fortunately society has set rules on that regard and that's where this "judge using common sense" comes from.
Except that common sense isn't really... common.

What may seem like common sense to you or me, could be vastly different to someone else.
[+]
By Artemicion 2015-01-29 16:28:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

Yeah, it's initial OC isn't as good as EVGA's but it's so marginal, the fact that it has better cooling, silent operation of fans under light loads out of the box, and a full fledged aluminum backplate, and is significantly more sexy definitely outweighs minor integers at the same price point.
By Bloodrose 2015-01-29 16:29:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

Yeah, it's initial OC isn't as good as EVGA's but it's so marginal, the fact that it has better cooling, silent operation of fans under light loads out of the box, and a full fledged aluminum backplate, and is significantly more sexy definitely outweighs minor integers at the same price point.
Which is why my immediate response was the Asus Strix.
First Page 2 3 ... 16399 16400 16401 ... 22575 22576 22577