Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 10733 10734 10735 ... 22625 22626 22627
By Quiznor 2013-03-15 09:08:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said: »
Debating if I should hold off on my PC plans til summer to get a 680. Though the 670 FTW edition has the architecture of a 680, and is clocked to essentially run and perform like one.

The 700 series will likely be out by then. They usually update every march/april

[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2013-03-15 09:09:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Needs more 2d games like Mario 3.
By Artemicion 2013-03-15 09:09:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Quiznor said: »
There's also a degree of common sense involved. For example my i7 has never been pushed over 50% load. I know further down the line it will,but I have the headroom to overclock it. No need to upgrade that CPU for a few years most likely because for a while its not needed. Sure in a month or two I could uprgade my GPU's when the new ones come out,but why? I still destroy anything put out there for now and by the time my cards do start to struggle,there will be something even better than the soon-to-be replacements. Buying a new part for the sake of it everytime one comes out would be stupid. There's a degree of common sense is all

Indeed. Considering how expensive things are, you want to squeeze as much life and usefulness out of them as possible. So no need to upgrade beyond your comfort level if it isn't necessary. Unless you're one of those kinda people that need to stay on top because for sentimental reasons.
By Artemicion 2013-03-15 09:10:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Debating if I should hold off on my PC plans til summer to get a 680. Though the 670 FTW edition has the architecture of a 680, and is clocked to essentially run and perform like one.

The 700 series will likely be out by then. They usually update every march/april

I'll hold out til May then and see if it affects prices.
Considering my current old *** dinky PC is using a GTS (that's right, S for sucks)-250, I'll be happy.
 Ramuh.Urial
Server: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2013-03-15 09:10:44
Link | Quote | Reply

There's also a degree of common sense involved. For example my i7 has never been pushed over 50% load. I know further down the line it will,but I have the headroom to overclock it. No need to upgrade that CPU for a few years most likely because for a while its not needed. Sure in a month or two I could uprgade my GPU's when the new ones come out,but why? I still destroy anything put out there for now and by the time my cards do start to struggle,there will be something even better than the soon-to-be replacements. Buying a new part for the sake of it everytime one comes out would be stupid. There's a degree of common sense is all
This.
Yeah I max any game I play on a 1366 platform i7-960...but I also have a GTX 590. I could upgrade but I have no need. That being said my machine now has the same longevity as a machine built for $1500 now. But my machine was also $2.3k at the time of build. That number has gone up since I added the triple monitor config :|
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-03-15 09:11:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, I miss the days of no voice acting and simple graphics. I always felt more immersed in those games than new games. They were also a lot longer, not these *** 10 hour games that you can breeze through because they have tutorials and help messages all over.
[+]
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Server: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2013-03-15 09:11:28
Link | Quote | Reply

sweet, I may wait then as well D: I was debating getting a better GPU.
By Artemicion 2013-03-15 09:12:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Honestly, I miss the days of no voice acting and simple graphics. I always felt more immersed in those games than new games. They were also a lot longer, not these *** 10 hour games that you can breeze through because they have tutorials and help messages all over.

[+]
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2013-03-15 09:12:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Catnipthief said: »

Didn't you JUST upgrade?
By Quiznor 2013-03-15 09:12:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Indeed. Considering how expensive things are, you want to squeeze as much life and usefulness out of them as possible. So no need to upgrade beyond your comfort level if it isn't necessary. Unless you're one of those kinda people that need to stay on top because for sentimental reasons.

Exactly,even as a high end enthusiast,I've never understood why people HAVE to get the newest X part that provides a 1% boost over their current hardware,which isnt even stressed at all,that kinda behaviour is silly and gives us a bad rep

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Quiznor 2013-03-15 09:13:54
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

edit: quick edit for a few people too,thats why when buying a pc part initially I also tend to go big. (random number example)

Because if you spend 200 now and have to spend 200 per year to uprgade that piece,you'd have been better off getting the bigger,better,more expensive one in the first place. Would likely last longer and save money in the long run
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2013-03-15 09:15:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Schizm said: »
Ramuh.Urial said: »
Even my several thousand euro pc wont "last" 7 years,but I will be upgrading it when it comes out of date ofc.

"$1500 for a pure high end gaming PC? I say that would need to be upgraded or replaced every 3 years."

Even less than 3 years most likely.

The PS4 is already behind in tech right now so I'm not worried about that,but thats not gonna stop even my computer being obselete in 2 years and likely needing an upgrade.

Especially because you said a "pure high end gaming pc" which cant be done for 1500

Whoa, whoa, whoa, back up there.

I didn't say it couldn't be done under $1500.

I am saying the people with penis envy would buy something like an Asus Sabertooth and an unlocked i7 processor which costs like $1500 without any hardware, that's just motherboard and CPU.
More like 500.....
Tiger Direct - $1,499

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1611083&csid=_61
Yeah....read a few post further.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2013-03-15 09:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Catnipthief said: »

Didn't you JUST upgrade?

I upgraded everything BUT GPU which is probably ... 1-2 years old at this point.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-03-15 09:17:23
Link | Quote | Reply

common sense

what are you some kind of communist!? you have to buy all the things or the economy will collapse. If you don't buy the next upgrade they are going to fire the whole team that designed it then they won't be able to pay for a baby sitter when they go to the bar and the children will obviously drink the poison under the sink without supervision and die... WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-03-15 09:18:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It's because of all the ***the developers put in games now that like 80% of people don't finish games they buy >_>
[+]
By Quiznor 2013-03-15 09:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

It's because of all the ***the developers put in games now that like 80% of people don't finish games they buy >_>

Thats just CNT!

*hides his hugely amassed collection of unfinished games*
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-03-15 09:21:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I get bored pretty fast too because of how short games these days are :/ I actually stop and don't play for a while so it'll feel like it's taken me a long time to complete it >_> I never had to do that as a kid
By Quiznor 2013-03-15 09:23:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I get bored pretty fast too because of how short games these days are :/ I actually stop and don't play for a while so it'll feel like it's taken me a long time to complete it >_> I never had to do that as a kid

Been there done that. My most notable one was FFXIII. Every so often I'd have to take 2 weeks off from the game because it was just generally bad and if I had forced myself at it,I'd have hated it and never finished it

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2013-03-15 09:24:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I can finish older games fine, it's just newer games :| they tend to get boring so damn quick :(

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-03-15 09:26:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Been there done that. My most notable one was FFXIII. Every so often I'd have to take 2 weeks off from the game because it was just generally bad and if I had forced myself at it,I'd have hated it and never finished it

I had the game a week before release in Europe and I still haven't finished it.
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2013-03-15 09:26:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah....read a few post further.

>.> ??

The only thing that gets me upset is when people are telling other people to get an expensive computer when they don't need it.

I still pick Athlon X2 64-bit comps out of the garbage and check them and give them to people that can't even afford a computer.

But now, I can pick up a dual core computer set up from a store I know that refurbs comps probably for less than $100. Won't have a 1TB HD nor more than 3GB of memory, but to pick up a few computers for cheap and do a gaming LAN or image a HD from a arcade machine to build a friend a DDR arcade machine for home, it's worth it.
Was more my comment that no one spending 1k+ on a cpu would use that Motherboard so when you said sabertooth I instantly assume socekt 1155 not 2011.
By Artemicion 2013-03-15 09:27:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah like Tomb Raider, sat down, played it, beat it and turned off my PS3.

It was a great game don't get me wrong, but walked away in one day beating it kind of made me realize how games are catered to the average gamer nowadays.

I think a lot of it has to do with bloated budgets and high end level software and hardware putting not so much storage to the limit like it was in the early 90s, but rather money. Money is the #1 problem for games because it costs so damn much to meet general consumer demands, which in turn ends up compromising the general quality and subsequently, duration of these games, just so deadlines can be met, and publishers (and generally) consumers can be pleased with results. One more so than the other obviously.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-03-15 09:27:51
Link | Quote | Reply

They could make games like Tomb Raider longer while still keeping the overall difficulty the same so casuals can enjoy them too. A solid (and decently long) story will make me want to play it even if it's easy.

Post deleted by User.
By Artemicion 2013-03-15 09:31:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, so I generally don't bother with medicine of any kind, regardless of my ailment, but I'm pretty miserable here.
What do you guys recommend for extreme sinus pressure and endlessly runny nose, followed by headaches?
By Quiznor 2013-03-15 09:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, so I generally don't bother with medicine of any kind, regardless of my ailment, but I'm pretty miserable here.
What do you guys recommend for extreme sinus pressure and endlessly runny nose, followed by headaches?

A full virus scan
By Artemicion 2013-03-15 09:33:02
Link | Quote | Reply

A full virus scan

First Page 2 3 ... 10733 10734 10735 ... 22625 22626 22627