ace's hose and bullwhip belt :v
First Page 2
 Asura.Andylynn
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Andylynn
By Asura.Andylynn 2011-01-19 00:20:30
Link | Quote | Reply

im a career drg, and dont have any other job but sam leveled (todays my 3 month play anniversary O:.) to the point, whats some helpful tips on getting ovni and bloodeye vileberry killed inorder to get these gears for my TP set?

-good low man set ups
-ways to increase drops (does !! work on these? not sure how blue and stuff works)
-things to look out for (aoes, nasty spells, etc?)

thanks in advance
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-01-19 00:25:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ovni can be solo'd by several jobs, just bring someone to proc blue !! and TH.
 Titan.Radatz
Server: Titan
user: Radatz
By Titan.Radatz 2011-01-19 00:36:04
Link | Quote | Reply

instead of sacrificing the acc on the pants you could also go fo bestia breeches may take a few trophies but they have dex on them and a possible 4 haste and acc augments.
By Andylynn 2011-01-19 03:31:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Radatz said:
instead of sacrificing the acc on the pants you could also go fo bestia breeches may take a few trophies but they have dex on them and a possible 4 haste and acc augments.
tis a good idea, how difficult is it to obtain a 4 haste from it? i have capped acc with RR and maxed polearm, so thats irrelevant.

another question, are there any other belts i could use that are relatively easy to get to help boost my haste
 Bismarck.Helixx
Server: Bismarck
user: Helixx
By Bismarck.Helixx 2011-01-19 04:31:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ovni is easy, I do it on MNK all the time. What you want is /nin and a decent evasion/ hp regen.

RR + mounted champion + Cloak and dagger atma

Asura.Tamoa
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-01-19 04:35:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Well you have 3 choices: Bullwhip Belt, Velocious/Speed Belt, or Goading Belt. I'd say Bullwhip Belt is the easiest one to get. No key items needed, nm repops fast. Best chance is to get a mnk with staff and club skilled, a whm and a thf, and claim during blunt. That being said, mine dropped without TH or blue !!.
 Asura.Rinkydink
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2011-01-19 04:44:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tamoa said:
Well you have 3 choices: Bullwhip Belt, Velocious/Speed Belt, or Goading Belt. I'd say Bullwhip Belt is the easiest one to get. No key items needed, nm repops fast. Best chance is to get a mnk with staff and club skilled, a whm and a thf, and claim during blunt. That being said, mine dropped without TH or blue !!.

this..

mnk and rdm and ovni is easy. what you could also do is post your current TP set and people can pick away and try give you simple advise..

for example.. do you have swift belt? dusk gloves? etc
 Asura.Tamoa
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-01-19 04:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Well if you want to be 100% covered with blunt ws to trigger blue, get a whm with Hexa Strike. :D

But yeah, mnk and rdm can duo Ovni np at all.
By Andylynn 2011-01-19 05:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Rinkydink said:
Asura.Tamoa said:
this.. mnk and rdm and ovni is easy. what you could also do is post your current TP set and people can pick away and try give you simple advise.. for example.. do you have swift belt? dusk gloves? etc

i have dusk in storage too, my aim (which im finding incredibly difficult for my new player stature) was:
-ace's hose
-bullwhip
-timarli dastanas or ace's mufflers
-or dusk gloves + blitz ring

now that i know about the breeches from trophy trade ins, im gunna attempt a 4% haste on one of them to replace ace's hose.

take note i said previously i only have sam and drg, soloing isnt entirely an option :(. thanks again for advice

ps: the weapon is due to me working on drakesbane still. and i have capped accuracy, -points doesnt bother me
 Bahamut.Bayan
Server: Bahamut
user: BayanB
By Bahamut.Bayan 2011-01-19 07:35:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Andylynn said:
Titan.Radatz said:
tis a good idea, how difficult is it to obtain a 4 haste from it? i have capped acc with RR and maxed polearm, so thats irrelevant.

another question, are there any other belts i could use that are relatively easy to get to help boost my haste
Random is random for the 4% pants. Some have done it in 1/17. I got a +3% in some 20+ tries.

There are no other haste belts you can get solo which are better than swift belt.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-01-19 08:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bayan said:
There are no other haste belts you can get solo which are better than swift belt.

<<< Solo'ed King Arthro long before 80 cap.

Also refer to second post:

Phoenix.Kirana said:
Ovni can be solo'd by several jobs, just bring someone to proc blue !! and TH.
[+]
 Phoenix.Uzugami
Server: Phoenix
user: SSJAV
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-01-19 08:52:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helixx said:
Ovni is easy, I do it on MNK all the time. What you want is /nin and a decent evasion/ hp regen.

RR + mounted champion + Cloak and dagger atma

Don't even need /NIN>_>; I got mine+friends by just using MNK/WAR Counterstance tank it with RR+GH+SS He's not that hard at all even with no Defense as long as boost is dispelled(Even sometimes without it dispelled) it's a total joke to fight
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-01-19 09:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bayan said:
Andylynn said:
Titan.Radatz said:

Random is random for the 4% pants. Some have done it in 1/17. I got a +3% in some 20+ tries.

I got my Ace's hose Yesterday (wasn't lowman) on the topic of bestia I'm 0/31 *bangs head on desk*
 Caitsith.Linear
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2011-01-19 09:45:36
Link | Quote | Reply

That's my current TP set. I'm working on that lance from Empousa soon, hopefully to tide me off until Baby Blobdingnabs are gathered.

Ovni is easy, but stingy in my case. 1/7 with 4 blue!! procs.

Went 1/1 on Ace's Hose, but wasn't there for much of the fight, due to DCing before we started. I'd say being cautious is a good idea though.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-01-19 09:48:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Linear said:
That's my current TP set. I'm working on that lance from Empousa soon, hopefully to tide me off until Baby Blobdingnabs are gathered. Ovni is easy, but stingy in my case. 1/7 with 4 blue!! procs. Went 1/1 on Ace's Hose, but wasn't there for much of the fight, due to DCing before we started. I'd say being cautious is a good idea though.
Come to rag and bring Raenryong. we'll have ever so much fun together :D
 Asura.Rinkydink
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2011-01-19 09:54:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Andylynn said:

dont TP in zahak's just saying even perle is better than that. Timarli Jawshan is pretty easy to get these days with all the caturae shouts in Jeuno
[+]
 Asura.Takinagi
user: Oric
By Asura.Takinagi 2011-01-19 09:59:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldnt askar be better then timarli? just saying
 Caitsith.Linear
By Caitsith.Linear 2011-01-19 10:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really. I don't have the means to make up the haste loss. As of now, I'm at a 6-hit with capped haste. Askar is useless at this point.

@Ash: I'm not that desperate! XD
 Asura.Takinagi
By Asura.Takinagi 2011-01-19 10:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Using lancer +1 boots and askar you would loose 1% haste and gain 2% DA and 12att 5str, you think 1% haste will keep up with that?
 Caitsith.Linear
By Caitsith.Linear 2011-01-19 10:12:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering my use of Red Curry Buns and Atmas? Yeah, for the most part I do. Not saying there aren't exceptions, but I'm not one to carry around multiple gear sets for relatively little gain for rare situations.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-01-19 10:14:04
Link | Quote | Reply

On a random note, this is the current "ideal" DRG 5hit TP set with OaT Polearm imo:

25% Haste, 5 hit, 3x AF3+2 for set bonus.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
Server: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2011-01-19 10:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

carapace gorget augmented to stp2 str3 att 7 for pimps

cap also get stp +3 on a neck from mkd
 Asura.Takinagi
By Asura.Takinagi 2011-01-19 10:19:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I am a little out of date on Drg gear but raen looks like he/she has the right idea
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-01-19 10:19:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Linear said:
@Ash: I'm not that desperate! XD

DESPERATE!!! D: I have been slighted good sir. My bequest reflected only mirth and tomfoolery on the part of you, myself and our feline companion. The implication of utilitarian purpose was but a uncalculated fringe advantage of pleasant merit.

/monacle
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-01-19 10:23:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
carapace gorget augmented to stp2 str3 att 7 for pimps

cap also get stp +3 on a neck from mkd

Ooh, did not know that :o cheers!
 Caitsith.Linear
By Caitsith.Linear 2011-01-19 10:24:04
Link | Quote | Reply

My Ideal OAT Polearm Set

VV/RR/Scorpion Queen Atma's.

OAT nature severely reduces AoA damage increase. And honestly, outside of GH, I'm not sure what else would be used in the third slot.

I suppose if you have to keep Body+2 on for your wyvern to keep food effects on though...
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Server: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2011-01-19 10:24:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Takinagi said:
Wouldnt askar be better then timarli? just saying
its what i use

i have timarli body too, not made my mind up yet which i like better
 Asura.Takinagi
By Asura.Takinagi 2011-01-19 10:25:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont see how 1% haste beats 2% double attack
 Caitsith.Linear
By Caitsith.Linear 2011-01-19 10:26:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Hastes value increases while DA's decreases. Even though it's not a full chunk of haste, I'm almost positive it wins out.

I could be wrong though.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2011-01-19 10:33:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I was thinking about this earlier... I remember seeing an old pic about haste vs DA where haste was curved up, the more haste is added, whereas DA was a straight constant line, but it was a constant increase though. It just fails when it comes to it vs haste I believe.

edit:

Ragnarok.Ashman said:

DESPERATE!!! D: I have been slighted good sir. My bequest reflected only mirth and tomfoolery on the part of you, myself and our feline companion. The implication of utilitarian purpose was but a uncalculated fringe advantage of pleasant merit.

/monacle

GIVE ME BACK MY TOP HAT D:
First Page 2