Returning to FFXI
 Gilgamesh.Demasas
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: dem2010
By Gilgamesh.Demasas 2011-01-18 11:42:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey Everyone,

Just been reading through some forums and thinking is it worth coming back to FFXI?

i have a level 70 RDM and a 66 DRG and last time i left finding party had become non existant and everything had gonne abbysea crazy

Just wondering what the situation is and is it worth coming back only to be soloing most of the time?

peace out!!

Dem
 Sylph.Oddin
Server: Sylph
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2011-01-18 11:45:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Well if you get the Abyssea add-ons, then you shouldn't have a problem leveling. If you're looking for events outside of Abyssea, then you'll have some trouble but groups do exist still. Conventional xp methods are dead though. It's all about Abyssea.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-01-18 11:46:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Coming back to FFXI break since August! Advice plz

My FFXI Dilemma, What would you guys do?

Recommendations (Job-wise) for returning to FFXI

Players who have quit FFXI, do you ever miss it??

FFXI: worth returning to?

worth coming back?

Allll of you "is it worth coming back to ffxi needs?" in one forum post!
 Gilgamesh.Demasas
By Gilgamesh.Demasas 2011-01-18 11:49:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Well ive got two of the three expansions but last time i were on nobody wanted lower than level 70.

is this still the case as abbysea opened up to lower levels talking mid 60's and i take it you gotta solo the lower levels?

Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-01-18 11:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Some people that left ffxi left for various reasons, such as frustration and unable to overcome challenges (such as leveling/limit-break, etc.) From your job levels, I would assume that you have yet to beat Maat. If you're willin to overcome that, then welcome back!! Abby and the limit-breaks have made alot of obstacles obsolete; including CoP. However, the challenges are still there, just redefined. Once you've beaten Maat (if you haven't already) leveling your rdm to 90 is cake. can do that in 1 party, as a matter-of-fact) Getting CoP done, cake (can solo most of it now at 90). Key is, have fun, pace yourself, and surround yourself with care free people that aren't elitist asswhipes; like me.
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2011-01-18 11:53:12
Link | Quote | Reply

You can key *** your way to higher levels easily. You just need to start your own Abyssea runs or join runs that are just forming and ask the leader if they need a key ***. You don't have to solo your way to higher levels. You just have to be quick and/or dedicated. It's not too hard really though.
 Gilgamesh.Demasas
By Gilgamesh.Demasas 2011-01-18 11:57:28
Link | Quote | Reply

and yea i havent defeated maat tried with rdm and was impossible so was trying to go for drg but i found that there wasnt much going party waise and cos i were 66 nobody wanted me in abbysea and like oddin said conventional xp has gone out of the window.

hmmm a toughie been on wow and im thinking just not the same......
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-01-18 12:04:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Demasas said:
and yea i havent defeated maat tried with rdm and was impossible so was trying to go for drg but i found that there wasnt much going party waise and cos i were 66 nobody wanted me in abbysea and like oddin said conventional xp has gone out of the window. hmmm a toughie been on wow and im thinking just not the same......
Rdm maat fight was nerfed. Don't fret, still a hard-assed fight. However, it's the fight that I did for my limit-break. I trained myself on the Ruby Quadav, in the Quulun dome. Get a test at the same time. If you can handle the Ruby, with a level 1 sub, you can beat Maat, using the same strat. Do it til you can kill him within 10-15 min. If you do that, I can assure you that you'll handle Maat easily.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2011-01-18 12:06:53
Link | Quote | Reply

STOP
MAKING
THESE
GOD
DAMN
THREADS
F
F
S
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-01-18 12:12:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Sagittario said:
STOP
MAKING
THESE
GOD
DAMN
THREADS
F
F
S
my links were just from the first search page.
:D
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2011-01-18 12:17:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Well technically, this wasn't necessarily a generalized thread. It was posted in the server section so he could be looking for answers from people on Gilgamesh. Each server is different in where they currently are as far as older content and the like. I suppose it could of been a bit more pointed at people on the server but nevertheless it does have its purpose.
[+]
 Ramuh.Sagittario
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2011-01-18 12:20:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oddin said:
Well technically, this wasn't necessarily a generalized thread. It was posted in the server section so he could be looking for answers from people on Gilgamesh. Each server is different in where they currently are as far as older content and the like. I suppose it could of been a bit more pointed at people on the server but nevertheless it does have its purpose.

wat.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-01-18 12:25:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oddin said:
Did you just make an excuse for it and shoot a hole through that excuse all in one post? :P
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2011-01-18 12:43:23
Link | Quote | Reply

No. I was just pointing out both sides of the argument/discussion. I try not to be one sided when it comes to most things. I'll take a look at it from both sides. You have your point in that this subject has been brought up many many many times but as I pointed out, it could of been specifically directed to the Gilgamesh population. There's no right or wrong here. Just some common mistakes people make in lack of details.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2011-01-18 12:46:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Captain, I am pretty sure he is trying to avoid our scanners by positioning himself in the Gilgamesh sector. I have made the translation of his original statement and you aren't going to like it....

Help! stop
I'm Bored! stop
Does anyone remember me on this server? stop
I need encouragement and/or attention stop
But not from trolls stop

He appears harmless but just to be sure I have crafted the response I beleive he was originally looking for.

Dear brother what is up? It is all good here. We will help you. No problem(s). You must see the changes for your own self in order for you to believe it.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-01-18 12:47:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oddin said:
No. I was just pointing out both sides of the argument/discussion. I try not to be one sided when it comes to most things. I'll take a look at it from both sides. You have your point in that this subject has been brought up many many many times but as I pointed out, it could of been specifically directed to the Gilgamesh population. There's no right or wrong here. Just some common mistakes people make in lack of details.
lolsearchfunction?
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2011-01-18 13:11:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Welp seeing as this was the first thread asking about the server in 6 months+, I'd say it's fair to make a thread asking about the condition of the server.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2011-01-18 13:12:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said:
Captain, I am pretty sure he is trying to avoid our scanners by positioning himself in the Gilgamesh sector. I have made the translation of his original statement and you aren't going to like it.... Help! stop I'm Bored! stop Does anyone remember me on this server? stop I need encouragement and/or attention stop But not from trolls stop He appears harmless but just to be sure I have crafted the response I beleive he was originally looking for. Dear brother what is up? It is all good here. We will help you. No problem(s). You must see the changes for your own self in order for you to believe it.

Sir, he's not responding. Also, our jive translator does not appear to be functioning properly. I recommend we open fire.
 Gilgamesh.Demasas
By Gilgamesh.Demasas 2011-01-18 13:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

the reason why i have posted is the fact i dont wanna go through another how many months playin thew game only to find my self in the same place i found myself last time i started playing and spending x amount of money

and thankyou addin and liltrouble for your replys
 Cerberus.Nutt
Server: Cerberus
user: zuriel
By Cerberus.Nutt 2011-01-18 13:26:45
Link | Quote | Reply

At 66, you can beat Maat and "Campaign Burn" your DRG to 75. RDM can go to Abby as soon as you beat Maat, just pack your spells in advance. Hang out in Jeuno, there are shouts for MMM (well at least on Cerb). There are always Qufim and Dunes parties.

Whenever I go to Cape Terrigan, there are quite a few soloists there. Ask one of them can you join.

It's going to depend on you. If you're needy, then stay gone. If you're independent, yet friendly, then you shouldn't have problems getting anything done. Much luck.
 Gilgamesh.Demasas
By Gilgamesh.Demasas 2011-01-18 13:30:57
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks Nutt for this advice i think im gonna have to get back on as i like to do things myself. really enjoyed playing ffxi.

thanks everyone for your comments.

this little break might have just refreshed my love for ffxi ^^

peace out!!!

Dem
 Gilgamesh.Hanbok
user: hanbok
By Gilgamesh.Hanbok 2011-01-18 13:36:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Demasas said:
Hey Everyone,

Just been reading through some forums and thinking is it worth coming back to FFXI?

i have a level 70 RDM and a 66 DRG and last time i left finding party had become non existant and everything had gonne abbysea crazy

Just wondering what the situation is and is it worth coming back only to be soloing most of the time?

peace out!!

Dem

always worth coming back to, often enough you can get into a abyssea prty at lvl 30, i've never done it personally, i'd rather not be a lvl 90 *** that doesn't know how to do the job lol,

plus you may have friends on the servers still,