users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Unlocking Avatars Info Needed
Unlocking Avatars Info Needed
 Asura.Alexstaifter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Alexstaifter 2011-01-12 23:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I know in general how to unlock them and such, but the question is a bit different of course.

Can I unlock Avatars from Prime Fights without having the Summoner Job Unlocked, or do I need to have Summoner Unlocked before I can select the summon as a reward?
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Server: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2011-01-12 23:47:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alexstaifter said:

Can I unlock Avatars from Prime Fights without having the Summoner Job Unlocked, or do I need to have Summoner Unlocked before I can select the summon as a reward?
yes
whisper KI is rewarded for complete, can trade for avatar, items or gil
 Cerberus.Rayik
Server: Cerberus
user: Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-01-19 09:44:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Krazyrs said:
Asura.Alexstaifter said:

yes
whisper KI is rewarded for complete, can trade for avatar, items or gil

Krazyrs is right. I had the whisper of tides a good year or so before I got around to unlocking summoner, so once I finally unlocked the job, I had Leviathan right away(after turning in whisper for pact).
 Diabolos.Megatron
Server: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Megatron 2011-01-19 09:58:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Kill Avatars > get whispers > unlock summoner > trade whispers > summon avatars
 Fairy.Aiburn
Server: Fairy
user: Aiburn
By Fairy.Aiburn 2011-01-19 10:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Also a little trick I have found useful. Do not do the http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Trial_Size_Trial_by_Ice lvl 20 solo summoner fights using the mini tuning forks. If you do that you will lose those forks and thus the ability to warp out to the cloisters at any time for free. I still keep my forks on hand for any time I may need to head to one of those zones. Its an easy way to get out to fei yin without walking for 10 minutes.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-01-19 10:22:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Aiburn said:
Also a little trick I have found useful. Do not do the http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Trial_Size_Trial_by_Ice lvl 20 solo summoner fights using the mini tuning forks. If you do that you will lose those forks and thus the ability to warp out to the cloisters at any time for free. I still keep my forks on hand for any time I may need to head to one of those zones. Its an easy way to get out to fei yin without walking for 10 minutes.
Can you trigger this quest if you've already got the avatar from the uncapped fight? Wiki seemed a little vague on that front.
 Fairy.Aiburn
Server: Fairy
user: Aiburn
By Fairy.Aiburn 2011-01-19 10:35:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Fairy.Aiburn said:
Can you trigger this quest if you've already got the avatar from the uncapped fight? Wiki seemed a little vague on that front.

I dont know, I have never even tried. Sorry. However I would assume that you can. Since it is not a KI, you'd actually have to trade the fork to the crystal to trigger it. I would think that you can test this by trading, then seeing if it offers you the option to enter the trial size fight or not. I'd check but im at work.