Turul
First Page 2
 Asura.Nzuh
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: nzuh
By Asura.Nzuh 2011-01-10 15:50:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so I have no problem killing Turul now (0/10 /cry) but somtimes I can't seem to find it for like an hour straight!

Any tips on search patterns or info on how wide it's wondering range is would be awesome!

FYI I usually check some frequent killing spots and then eye > bugards > malboro > and circle around the mountain by funguars, ochus, wivres.

Anything I'm overlooking?
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-01-10 15:59:23
Link | Quote | Reply

He's only found when you don't want to find him.

So before you go in say.. "boy I hope I don't run into that *** Turul, that would surely ruin my night"

That or go in with 2 ppl one start east and one west start on the outside and work your way in..go up and down til you see him.

GL!
[+]
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-01-10 16:17:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Seem like you're covering all the main spots.
Loki's Kaftan is still a highly desired piece, so it's quite likely that you're just missing him because ppl are claiming as soon as window opens, and killing it before you can find him.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Xenophire
user: Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2011-01-10 16:20:01
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're doing this during any specialized time of day, go in at least 3 game hours earlier than that weapon type. One pop, we spent all of blunt just finding him. It was HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

I commonly find him by Fungus, near the conflux, 4 I think it is. And near the Bugards and Treants of all places.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2011-01-10 16:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks about right. I like the new name, Ryan. Lol.

Also, keep in mind, sometimes people aggro him and run him off to some random *** conflux that's nowhere near relevant to his spawn range.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-01-10 16:32:05
Link | Quote | Reply

true story as Zorander put it. I once looked through the entire zone for a friend who wanted the kill for 1hr straight, mostly around where I have seen him pop and then we started to wonder if people aggro'd him far far away, we looked EVERYWHERE.

Additionally to finding him when you do not want to find him. He will also appear every time you want to kill Eve.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2011-01-10 16:35:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Asura.Xenophire said:
Looks about right. I like the new name, Ryan. Lol.

Thanks. Jewul and Turul the jew did not quite fit.

Personally I would love the Loki, but it truly holds up to its name.
Yeah. Even with Blue and a THF, the drop rate is still abysmal. I think the other day, we ended up going 6/8 on different times of the days. If you and Nzuh get to that point, I'm sure we could sell you one.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2011-01-10 16:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah. Spent 9 hours in La Theine farming Ruminator. 1/8 on Hocho with Blue and a THF every time. Lol
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-01-10 17:00:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't even bother fighting Turul without Blue. Your odds of getting a Kaftan are ~50% from experience with it, so without you're probably just wasting a Turul :(

I went 1/10 on Serp Cuffs too <_<

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-01-10 17:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Blue weakness is a myth. I've only seen it seemingly make something drop once ever infinity.
 Asura.Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2011-01-10 17:13:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said:
Blue weakness is a myth. I've only seen it seemingly make something drop once ever infinity.
I can attest to that. Lol

I went 1/1 on Sepentes Cuffs and Sabots. No THF, no blue. D: But, I still wholly feel the pain. *stares at Mangy-tailed Marvin*
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2011-01-10 17:15:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Xenophire said:
Yeah. Spent 9 hours in La Theine farming Ruminator. 1/8 on Hocho with Blue and a THF every time. Lol

Ouch. Friend of mine has been doing Ruminator for the mitts, he's 0/3 on them.
 Cerberus.Mindi
Server: Cerberus
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2011-02-08 12:29:07
Link | Quote | Reply

question.. what lolwiki says is "Spawns between the (I-5/J-6) area" i guess this is not true? i mean sure he can fly whereever he want but does he only pop there or really anywhere aswell?
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-02-08 12:30:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I've seen him over by Khalamari. Not sure if he was dragged there and lost hate. Whenever I've looked for him, hes generally south of flux 8 flying around the bugards.
 Leviathan.Alkalinejoe
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Alkalinejoe 2011-02-08 12:34:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Xenophire said:
Valefor.Prothescar said:
I can attest to that. Lol

I went 1/1 on Sepentes Cuffs and Sabots. No THF, no blue. D: But, I still wholly feel the pain. *stares at Mangy-tailed Marvin*
1/1 on Cuffs lol, no thf or blue too. I'm 0/12ish on Marvin.... around 5 with Blue !! and a 3-4 with TH.
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-08 12:35:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I've only found him near funguars when I was actually looking. Last time I fought I actually managed to catch it on peircing on rng... but even though I went thru all the archery ones twice while it wasn't casting (didn't have a chance to do a tp move) after finding out it was archery none would proc and ended up killing him before I could do more
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-02-08 12:38:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Xenophire said:

We went 0/3 the other night with Blue and a THF as well on Katana.

Also Turul is such a *** I seriously think there is something bugged with his pop because sometimes we spend over an hour looking for him and he would not pop (it was on watersday not sure if this has anything to do with it 1 of my many theories) also we ended up killing Pavla sp? (Garuda NM, thought hey it's worth a shot like killing Jala in Mis for Kutharei) RIGHT after watersday ended and then literally 2 minutes later our THF finds a group who had just started to engage him after we had been looking for an hour.

When we have spent ~1HR looking we end up furiously looking in normal pop area buggards/vines and have others search the entire map in case someone kited him off or aggro'd him and ran away. Usually we give up after an hour last night we killed Pavla and he all of a sudden showed up not sure if it is direct relation or weird coincidence. I feel like the JPs who hunt him know something we don't and they just laugh @ us.
 Leviathan.Popebenedict
Server: Leviathan
user: zwjl
By Leviathan.Popebenedict 2011-02-08 12:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I've only found him near funguars when I was actually looking. Last time I fought I actually managed to catch it on peircing on rng... but even though I went thru all the archery ones twice while it wasn't casting (didn't have a chance to do a tp move) after finding out it was archery none would proc and ended up killing him before I could do more

This. I have killed him well over 30 times now (1/30ish on kaftan and ninja got :( )While I have found him near the buggards (particularly near the EE ???) most of the times I find him he is moving along the mountain where the fungar are or by conflux 5.

I spend more time looking for him then killing the guy @.@
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-02-08 12:46:49
Link | Quote | Reply

yea we spend so much more time looking for him than we do fighting him or killing him, we've got 2 drops for my LS but we need MOAR!!! I'm going to check out the Fungar more usually we don't go that far for our normal searching, we've explored it a lot when we haven't been able to find him for a while though
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [51 days between previous and next post]
 Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration 2011-03-31 18:42:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry for bumpinng.

Anyone knows his true spawn point? Or could he be spawned anywhere as he likes to? Even he pops every 15 mins like just the rest of Abysses NMs?
 Bismarck.Rinkydink
user: rinkydink
By Bismarck.Rinkydink 2011-03-31 18:49:04
Link | Quote | Reply

in my experience the spawn point doesnt change

usually next to the sods limule.. ive stood there enough times to see him appear..

problem you get like other say is random aggro/flux
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-03-31 19:13:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Sods limule O_o. He pops around bugards/malboro/funguar/eyes. I've never seen him outside that area unless someone has dragged him away. It's random. I've camped him for kaftan many times, always in different spots. I will say he's usually north more often than not from my experience though.
 Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration 2011-03-31 19:25:08
Link | Quote | Reply

So his normal is 15 mins after death to pop?
 Asura.Kaisuko
user: Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-03-31 19:39:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, 15 is about right.

And about turul being bugged, I can see that easily lol. With the words of not seeing him for an hour+ and the fact that I've seen him spawn and not fly into the air, but being untargetable and unable to aggro, had to call GM to reset or w/e(wouldn't tell me what they were going to do lol).

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2