Forum » FFXI » NMs » Dhorme Khimaira
Dhorme Khimaira
 Asura.Echandra
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2011-01-04 15:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, just curious if this NM ??? pop is influenced by dominion ops??

All I've ever been told is "It is by conflux 7" But I haven't seen any other pops other than Omega/Ironclad/Acrolith. And in comparison for those who have fought this...is the Khimaira NM combo weak like the Cerberus in Altepa?
 Lakshmi.Rayna
Server: Lakshmi
user: Rion
By Lakshmi.Rayna 2011-01-06 10:10:01
Link | Quote | Reply

The ??? spawn is at the base of the ramp next to conflux 7 and the pop is influenced by the Golem NM Sisyphus afaik.

I personally duo it (dual box BLU and WHM), so imo it's even easier than the cerberus. Just keep barthundra up and Shell V and be prepared to cure fast after Fulmination / high tier nukes. If the mage stands on the ledge near conflux 7 while the tank fights down the ramp, Fulmination (which it can use at any time) shouldn't hit the mage. However, I would avoid casting thunder spells on it because from my experience, it seems to be what triggers the NM to use chainspell.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-01-06 10:15:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Dhorme Khimaira is fine, the next one up is much harder. Any thunder damage on it (including elemental ws's) will make it level up. It can also cast on itself to force that. After it's leveled up once, it can use Fulmination whenever it damn well pleases and as often as it damn well pleases, and will level up again each time it uses it until it's capped out. Once it's capped, I don't like even the best LS's chances of killing it without brew.
 Asura.Dtroyy
By Asura.Dtroyy 2011-01-11 03:50:29
Link | Quote | Reply

This thing is never gona be up on Asura :x
 Asura.Echandra
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2011-01-11 14:57:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dtroyy said:
This thing is never gona be up on Asura :x

working on it...even if I have to keep killing the *** myself to force the influence.

Only a month of expansion out, we're right on par for asura, we're too busy crying for brewers for Raja/Rani, our omg I got masmunes, or catch up for all the quest boss wins that people were too lazy to do until they see lootz dangle in their face.
 Asura.Dtroyy
By Asura.Dtroyy 2011-01-11 21:27:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Let me know if you need any help ;p