Money Maker?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXIV » Trade Skills » Money maker?
Money maker?
By VadianRaine 2010-12-16 20:13:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically wanted to know your guys idea on making money with crafting. Which craft is easiest to level / make gil off of. Also compare to ffxi like when everyone did WW lol. thinking of doing Cooking which im sure inst making gil atm. but in the future sure it'll be steady. Just seems like crafting takes more mats then 11 which is >_<!

not asking for ( Do leve) lol
not asking for your trade secrets just want to know present and future views on good crafts
By Dubont 2010-12-16 20:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply

VadianRaine said:
Basically wanted to know your guys idea on making money with crafting. Which craft is easiest to level / make gil off of. Also compare to ffxi like when everyone did WW lol. thinking of doing Cooking which im sure inst making gil atm. but in the future sure it'll be steady. Just seems like crafting takes more mats then 11 which is >_<!

not asking for ( Do leve) lol
not asking for your trade secrets just want to know present and future views on good crafts
Well...armorer and blacksmith seem to make a lot of money...but really, crafting hasn't been profitable for me at all due to every craft needing a ton of items to make it. Gil isn't that hard to make..I'd just sell shards instead of using them lol As far as cooking, I haven't noticed a lot of people using food, so I don't know how well it would sell.
By Unmei 2010-12-16 20:35:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd say try DoL Mining and shard farming. Clothcraft and ARM seem like decent money makers too.
[+]
By VadianRaine 2010-12-16 20:37:51
Link | Quote | Reply

yea ive seen a ton of ppl on Arm i was told you need to lvl like all the cloth/smith/leather crafts as its sub >< not sure if its true or not
lvling alch up for crystal breaks thinking everyone should do that anyway lol

By Dubont 2010-12-16 20:41:23
Link | Quote | Reply

VadianRaine said:
yea ive seen a ton of ppl on Arm i was told you need to lvl like all the cloth/smith/leather crafts as its sub >< not sure if its true or not
lvling alch up for crystal breaks thinking everyone should do that anyway lol

well almost anything you level will need almost everything as a sub lol to make staves, WW need ALC as a sub so its kinda dumb, but it makes since. ALC isn't too bad to level and I made tons of money on linseed oil so you could go for that.
By VadianRaine 2010-12-16 21:03:43
Link | Quote | Reply

any idea what lvl the crystal break is and/ or recipe im not really getting direct answer from places ive looked
By Unmei 2010-12-16 21:09:41
Link | Quote | Reply

go to YG you can look up recipes by craft http://ffxiv.yg.com/
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Zenshiro
Server: Midgardsormr
Game: FFXI
By Midgardsormr.Zenshiro 2010-12-16 21:15:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll would say that the only once who making gil are the ones that find out a new synth or get high rank 1#

everyone seem to be ranking up craft to make there own/repair so seem to me that craft is pointless to make good gil off from.

FFXI was really hard and made great $ i know for one made lot of gil from cooking at 80 when i really made stuff. When event came around i left with 250+k and i give a 50% off from my ls lol.
By VadianRaine 2010-12-16 21:19:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Pwrlessgirl
Server: Sylph
user: Pwrless
By Sylph.Pwrlessgirl 2010-12-17 08:02:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't worry about making gil now... just focus on leveling all your crafs to lvl 10... then 20... and so on. Same goes for the DoW jobs you level. The materials and shard will drop like candy. Furthermore you will have all crafts ready to repair armor / weapons.

Every little effort you put here and there will go a long way in the end. It worked for me on ff11, its no different in ff14.

PWR!

Power Nexus - Figaro
Nexus Power - Figaro
[+]
 Cerberus.Drklighter
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Drklighter 2010-12-17 08:24:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Leather has been easy for me. Do leves and get sp/gill/mats, then use the sheep/dodo/buffalo skins to make leather. Save the leather to do vamps. NPC the vamps and make decent and steady gil. Nice thing is I have gotten to 25 leather by doing this and it has been mostly profit along the way. DoW jobs and fishing help keep my shard supply up, as well as alchemy sharding crystals.
By VadianRaine 2010-12-17 17:29:35
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks guys i really appreciate it. one idea i had was to find a friend to do the opposite crafts of me. help build each other up from what i hear there's some Ls that do farming for their crafters. which i thought was cool
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [167 days between previous and next post]
By dt415 2011-06-03 05:47:06
Link | Quote | Reply

ive made about 50 million with BSM, ALC. selling tools and crystals/shards. now i have stop trying to get gil and focus on lvling everything up.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-06-03 05:58:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Quite a necro <.<

Anyways, I'll chime in.. Best way you can make money off crafts is by filling a demand.. That should be obvious, but lots of people seem to think the demand lies in new gear/weapons, when it doesn't.

If you can find something to make that other crafters need, that they can't easily make themselves, then you can make money. Obviously, you're not going to make much by making say, iron nuggets and trying to sell them when the only market for them would be armorers and blacksmiths, they can make it themselves, the mats to make it aren't hard to come by either.. The only people who would buy them are people just straight power leveling the craft and not thinking ahead.

Think more along the lines of making wood chips to sell to leatherworkers, or leather straps to sell to people making weapons that use them.

The problem is SE has put a hell of an emphasis on making people craft, so there's a good chance someone can just turn to their LS for those needs. My retainer is backed up to hell with gear atm, just because it sells so rarely.. I haven't even made most of this gear to sell, if I made something for someone, I went ahead and made a few while I was at it to stock up my retainer, after a couple of weeks (a long with the random gear drops and getting gear from quests) my retainer is nearly full of gear waiting to sell.

Right now the only two ways to really get a good supply of income from crafting is either have a very high level craft and make the current 'end game' gear, or find a niche no one is fulfilling..
By AquaRegia 2011-06-03 08:57:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Kinda old... but whatever

The best way to make gil for crafter right now would be make HQ (mats or high end gear). Just this week I've bought 12mil worth of +3 mats (+3 rivets, square, nugget and whatnot) and turned into 40-50mil worth HQ gear.

Also farming/gathering for HQ mats would be good. Red Coral +3, Megacrab Shell +3, Pudding Flesh +3, look for mats that are used directly in high end gear, and usually can sell for 100k - 200k.

If slow and steady is your thing, farm sheepskin or mining for silver are always dependable
By jdcho99 2011-06-03 09:09:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Either make high end gear +2-3 or go take up BNT or Mining and sell walnut/yew logs or gold ore/ssand (rank up material thats always in demand). Ive sold +3 engraved bhuj's very quickly at 20m. Also when you post stuff up in your retainer, dont post up too much of one thing at a time. I made 5 +3 engraved bhuj but only put on up at a time to sell, same with my +1-2's. Making +3 stuff is a pain in the *** and takes alot of patience and luck, also there is no real need for money in this game since everything can be made from someone and all you need to do is make friends. Anything not able to be made drops off a low rank NM.