Atma For Summoner ?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Atma for Summoner ?
Atma for Summoner ?
 Sylph.Katoplepa
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: katoplepa
By Sylph.Katoplepa 2010-12-09 14:17:41
Link | Quote | Reply

what atmas are you using ?
i use ambition + minikin monstrosity and never need to rec., no need to sub rdm... there is something better?
some new atmas with BP delay or perp cost ?
thank you
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-09 14:19:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Minikin monstrosity and, depending on what type of Blood Pacts you're using, Atma of the Ultimate (Magic Pacts) or Atma of the Razed Ruins for physical.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-09 14:50:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to see what Shiva's Heavenly Strike can do with Atma of the Ultimate and Atma of Beyond, that winds up being 110 Ice Magical attack
 Siren.Kunimatsu
Server: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2010-12-09 15:00:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I've yet to get hold of a mab or INT atma <.<; LS is working towards doing a run for minikin soon though, working with atma of ambition which is pretty broken just by itself for me.
As for not needing /rdm, still has uses and there will be times when you want refresh convert ss/blink barspells and even the fast cast for getting avatars out quicker, but it all depends on what you're using your smn for in abyssea.

/SCH is making a big comeback and with the right gear gives more -perp than you actually need to completely remove perpetuation for most avatars, along with nice perks (sublimation drain/aspir sleep ss blink regen II -na spells accession etc.)
 Sylph.Katoplepa
By Sylph.Katoplepa 2010-12-09 15:03:14
Link | Quote | Reply

you have to excuse me but i've done 7 years of game like melee and summoner is my first, one and only job mage so i'm not an expert, but... i have to ask you: the M.A.B. of the atmas you mentioned, affect also the avatar or is only intended for the character as nuker?
 Siren.Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2010-12-09 15:05:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
I'd like to see what Shiva's Heavenly Strike can do with Atma of the Ultimate and Atma of Beyond, that winds up being 110 Ice Magical attack

Heavenly strike does appear to be the best merit BP with the right atmas, but I really don't want to get rid of wind blade, but if I chose wind blade and heavenly strike, it's not that good an elemental spread and I end up getting screwed over against an ice based mob, as well as losing a lot of my dmg dealing capabilities against ironclad NMs if I take off thunderstorm :/
 Siren.Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2010-12-09 15:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Katoplepa said:
you have to excuse me but i've done 7 years of game like melee and summoner is my first, one and only job mage so i'm not an expert, but... i have to ask you: the M.A.B. of the atmas you mentioned, affect also the avatar or is only intended for the character as nuker?

All the effects you get from atmas transfers to the pet, regen, refresh(lol) mab, stat boosts, crit rate you name it
 Bismarck.Nexdeus
Server: Bismarck
user: Greyfin
By Bismarck.Nexdeus 2010-12-09 15:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Atmas effect both players and pets.

Personally I use Mink. and Beyond, do a average of 3k with spikes of 4k depending on TP.
 Sylph.Katoplepa
By Sylph.Katoplepa 2010-12-09 15:10:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kunimatsu said:
All the effects you get from atmas transfers to the pet, regen, refresh(lol) mab, stat boosts, crit rate you name it

good , so I can use R.R. to make a better phys BP
 Siren.Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2010-12-09 15:18:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Katoplepa said:
Siren.Kunimatsu said:

good , so I can use R.R. to (in example) make a better Predator Claw ?

Yeah it'll give the crit rate to it as well as adding quite a bit of ACC from the dex.

I'd like to try get RR at some point to test with pred claws, although merited BPs are usually far more consistent and do better dmg if you're well merited and got mab atmas/gear, not to mention you lose a slot for refresh using RR which could be detrimental to your overall DDing capabilities.
 Sylph.Katoplepa
By Sylph.Katoplepa 2010-12-09 15:33:03
Link | Quote | Reply

the benefit of double refresh (5 ambition + 10 minikin) is great, you can go exp in ally, spam cure and buffs BP, and never need to /h

anyway, maybe you can sacrifice ambition in favour of RR for predator or Beyond for heavenly strike... it all depend if you have to go exp and heal party, or go with Ls to kill some nm...
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-12-09 17:03:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I like the synthetic Full Moon (Windy Missions) as well.
By Aylee 2010-12-09 17:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I use RR + SS would swich SS for MM if i had it. with RR + SS i average 2.3k-2.5k on Eclipse Bite (109 mp) and around 2.8k-3k on pred claws
 Bahamut.Weasel
Server: Bahamut
user: Weasel
By Bahamut.Weasel 2010-12-09 22:17:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Occasionally I use Full Moon (I'd use Minikin if I had it) and Azure Sky for a more rounded approach (BP delay down is really nice from an atma), especially if I'm supposed to be providing more support than damage. But right now, Ultimate + Beyond are the best for magic damage (especially Heavenly Strike), by a lot. Just gotta watch your MP with no refresh atma in there. This might not be a big deal if/when the 3rd lunar abyssite comes into play.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-12-09 22:20:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Minikin + beyond with shiva is very nice.
 Siren.Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2010-12-10 10:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Weasel said:
Occasionally I use Full Moon (I'd use Minikin if I had it) and Azure Sky for a more rounded approach (BP delay down is really nice from an atma), especially if I'm supposed to be providing more support than damage. But right now, Ultimate + Beyond are the best for magic damage (especially Heavenly Strike), by a lot. Just gotta watch your MP with no refresh atma in there. This might not be a big deal if/when the 3rd lunar abyssite comes into play.

Does that BP delay atma still stay by the -15 BP delay cap or does it ignore it? If it still stays within the cap then it isn't all that useful unless you're having trouble getting relic pieces and/or YYR for a BP delay set
By Skylark1 2010-12-17 09:14:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on the situation, if I'm spamming Heavenly strike I'll normally go, Minikin, Beyond, and Baying Moon(Getting Ultimate this week).

If I'm mainly using physical blood pacts, I'll use RR/VV/Minkin, have shiva hit for about 3k when soloing bakka. Minikin is really just a must in all situations.
 Leviathan.Melisenna
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Melisenna 2010-12-19 04:31:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I enjoy RR/VV/minikin. Its great for Garuda, and for when you leave a pet on a mob. It's a great all around tp'ing set for you avatars, and a nice amount of mp. Also, if you need to help do staff for red proc, you get the regain from the VV.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [68 days between previous and next post]
 Alexander.Alistrianna
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Alistrianna 2011-02-25 06:10:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I usually just go with Beyond/Ultimate/Minikin and use Shiva. Magic BP have been far more consistant for me inside Abyssea and with AF3 ser bonus getting a 6-10k Heavenly Strike is nice.

I don't use physical BPs in Abyssea enough anymore to truly appreciate what they might be capable of but if I was gonna pick Atma for it I'd go with Razed Ruins/Gnarled Horn/Voracious Violet for Predator Claws and Chaotic Strikes.