Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » SMN Perp
SMN Perp
By squirrel 2010-12-07 04:42:28
Link | Quote | Reply

so... any smn know if avatars perp cost was increased in this update? last update they lowered perp cost, and i dont recall where i heard it but i was under the impression that avatar perp cost would cap off. cant find anything on it and i havent had the chance to level my smn yet
 Unicorn.Liir
Server: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: Liir
By Unicorn.Liir 2010-12-07 05:13:40
Link | Quote | Reply

It's Definately been increased, Garuda is costing 2 more MP/tick for me with Auto Refresh II Trait, so +3 per Tick it seems.
 Siren.Kunimatsu
Server: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2010-12-07 05:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Liir said:
Auto Refresh II Trait, so +3 per Tick it seems.

Wat
[+]
 Unicorn.Liir
By Unicorn.Liir 2010-12-07 05:37:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kunimatsu said:
Unicorn.Liir said:

Wat

Summoner gets a 2nd Auto Refresh Trait at 90, If Avatars are costing me 2 more MP per tick, Perpetuation has been increased by 3.
[+]
 Siren.Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2010-12-07 05:41:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Liir said:
Siren.Kunimatsu said:
Unicorn.Liir said:

Wat

Summoner gets a 2nd Auto Refresh Trait at 90, If Avatars are costing me 2 more MP per tick, Perpetuation has been increased by 3.

:O auto refresh II nice, but +2 perp after that sucks, ill need af3 feet and body +1 for garuda to be free again :/
 Unicorn.Liir
By Unicorn.Liir 2010-12-07 12:15:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Liir said:
It's Definately been increased, Garuda is costing 2 more MP/tick for me with Auto Refresh II Trait, so +3 per Tick it seems.

Ack! I have no idea how that was happening, or maybe I was seeing things @.@ because it seems that perpetuation cost hasn't increased at all, i'm running around with Garuda out and i'm getting back 1mp/tick, sorry for the misinformation >.<
By toshironikko 2010-12-07 16:39:58
Link | Quote | Reply

well i just tried this out with my normal set up carby would cost me 0 unless i wear a refresh body which would be -1 now without the refresh body carby still costs the same making it -1 with no equiped refresh =D
 Lakshmi.Hiku
Server: Lakshmi
user: squirrel
By Lakshmi.Hiku 2010-12-07 18:01:14
Link | Quote | Reply

i got bored in this abyssea pt, dinged 90smn and figured i'd check. naked i get refresh +17 (2 from traits, 15 from atmax2 cause i was healer). i summoned garuda and gained 3mp back, making garudas perp cost 14. last perp increase was at 81, which was 12mp/tic. so at 90 garuda has gained 2mp/tic perp. i didnt check what exact levels the perp went up, just the final result of 90 smn.

on a happier note, wearing YYR, and AF3+1 horn, and the new trait bonus, i get a refresh+3 effect while carbuncle is summoned, for those times i'm stuck as healer, or kite fights that carby is unleashed between BP recast
 Siren.Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2010-12-07 18:16:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Hiku said:
i got bored in this abyssea pt, dinged 90smn and figured i'd check. naked i get refresh +17 (2 from traits, 15 from atmax2 cause i was healer). i summoned garuda and gained 3mp back, making garudas perp cost 14. last perp increase was at 81, which was 12mp/tic. so at 90 garuda has gained 2mp/tic perp. i didnt check what exact levels the perp went up, just the final result of 90 smn.

on a happier note, wearing YYR, and AF3+1 horn, and the new trait bonus, i get a refresh+3 effect while carbuncle is summoned, for those times i'm stuck as healer, or kite fights that carby is unleashed between BP recast

Garuda costed 14mp/tick at 81, so that means there isn't a perp increase this update
 Lakshmi.Hiku
Server: Lakshmi
user: squirrel
By Lakshmi.Hiku 2010-12-07 18:27:18
Link | Quote | Reply

^ er yeah youre right, i had the page half opened and was reading fenrirs perp cost as "avatars". so with that knowledge, looks like avatars didnt increase after all.
 Siren.Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2010-12-07 18:30:40
Link | Quote | Reply

SE has finally given us what we wanted for so long, the removal of perpetuation, we've been given more -perp gear than we actually need to have an avatar cost 0, especially when using /SCH with AF3 hands
 Cerberus.Zandra
Server: Cerberus
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-12-08 11:12:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kunimatsu said:
Lakshmi.Hiku said:

Garuda costed 14mp/tick at 81, so that means there isn't a perp increase this update

Doesn't it means there was an increase of 1 which was then canceled out by Auto-refresh II?
[+]
 Diabolos.Megatron
Server: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Megatron 2010-12-15 10:42:51
Link | Quote | Reply

worst case jsut do the magina trilas til lu get the -4 prep cost stafff for the avatar you want. i normally jsut pop out the av do the bp i wnat and put it away. if im soloing i use fenir or diablolus.
but to each his own.

but i useally go into abyssa wit +2 yama's staff. atma of the minikin and raged ruin. with full enhancments. so mp is never a issue.
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-01-05 02:08:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know of perp caps? With hands it seems like i cant go too high, cuz i should be getting +7mp a tick with refesh,trait,body,head.
I need to crunch numbers again, but after like -6perp i try to put more on, doesnt help.

anyone do the math yet?
user: beesknees
By Siren.Screamingbabies 2011-01-05 02:41:36
Link | Quote | Reply

you can only reduce your perp down to 1mp/tick. after that you need refresh gear/atma in order to gain more mp. or at least thats what i remember.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Siren.Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2011-01-05 11:23:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinomaru said:
Anyone know of perp caps? With hands it seems like i cant go too high, cuz i should be getting +7mp a tick with refesh,trait,body,head.
I need to crunch numbers again, but after like -6perp i try to put more on, doesnt help.

anyone do the math yet?

Avatar perpetuation no matter what (outside of Astral flow) caps at -1mp/tick, which is then removed via auto refresh 1, then you would need refresh from an outside source gear/spell/atma to be able to refresh with that avatar out.

Best example of this is carby at lv75, even if you were beyond the amount of -perp you needed for carby to be free, without vermy cloak or YYR/other refresh piece you couldn't refresh with carby out from gear alone.

Auto refresh II at 90 now gives me 1mp/tick auto refresh with garuda out without spell/atma because she is free for me from gear
 Asura.Miyara
Server: Asura
By Asura.Miyara 2011-01-09 12:12:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Avatar perpetuation no matter what (outside of Astral flow) caps at -1mp/tick, which is then removed via auto refresh 1, then you would need refresh from an outside source gear/spell/atma to be able to refresh with that avatar out.

Don't forget the new Auto Refresh II trait, which will give 1/tic MP gain with an avatar out so long as you have -perpetuation gear to otherwise zero out loss.

And yes you can have too much - perpetuation gear now. With AF3 and Magian weapons it's pretty easy. Gone are the days where Summoners needed to hunt down every piece of -perp gear.

Example.

With Garuda out and no favor activated, I have a +3 mp/tic thanks to the Caller's Head +2 and the new Auto Refresh II trait (which will give 1/tic mp with avatars out, unlike Auto Refresh I). I have equipped for -perp gear the AF3+1 body, AF3+2 feet and the +2 Wind Magian staff. I do not need to equip the Nashira hands or the Augur's pants, and doing so yields no additional MP gain.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-01-09 12:21:10
Link | Quote | Reply

With the exception of Odin and Alexander, I have all of the avatars. My Smn is only level 40 atm. I am taking it to cap next, I have alot of gear in storage that I look forward to using, such as Yingyang, B-staff, as well as some AF2 pieces. Needing another job to dump merits into, I think this is a good choice. I'm also looking forward to learning a new job. Perp cost seems to be the biggest issue with this job. I'll be back later lookin forward to some help with macros and what-not^^
 Siren.Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2011-01-09 12:47:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Liltrouble said:
With the exception of Odin and Alexander, I have all of the avatars. My Smn is only level 40 atm. I am taking it to cap next, I have alot of gear in storage that I look forward to using, such as Yingyang, B-staff, as well as some AF2 pieces. Needing another job to dump merits into, I think this is a good choice. I'm also looking forward to learning a new job. Perp cost seems to be the biggest issue with this job. I'll be back later lookin forward to some help with macros and what-not^^

HQ staves are cheap now, those will help quite a bit at 51 until B-staff, also if you were really dedicated to lowering perp you can start making a conjurer's ring HP down build so you can activate its -1 perp anytime you want, you can realistically make a working HP down set at 60~68.

As for macros, what I did early on was group BPs together based on what they did, for example fire/stone/bliz/aero/water/thunder II were all in one macro, it would activate the right BP for the avatar thats out then come up with 5 errors for the rest.

Carby fenrir and diabolos had their own macros but the 6 celestials I could group their BPs together using the ingame 6 line macros.

Macros become a bit more complex later on (That is if you want to do your best) such as capping -BP delay at the start of a BP then swap to other gear before it goes off.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-01-09 13:20:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kunimatsu said:
Sylph.Liltrouble said:
HQ staves are cheap now, those will help quite a bit at 51 until B-staff, also if you were really dedicated to lowering perp you can start making a conjurer's ring HP down build so you can activate its -1 perp anytime you want, you can realistically make a working HP down set at 60~68. As for macros, what I did early on was group BPs together based on what they did, for example fire/stone/bliz/aero/water/thunder II were all in one macro, it would activate the right BP for the avatar thats out then come up with 5 errors for the rest. Carby fenrir and diabolos had their own macros but the 6 celestials I could group their BPs together using the ingame 6 line macros. Macros become a bit more complex later on (That is if you want to do your best) such as capping -BP delay at the start of a BP then swap to other gear before it goes off.
I have all of the HQ staves, as I main Blm and have never done a trial staff. I've also started on a conjurer's ring. Not too concerned atm about Smn atmas but lookin at a few. I'm really not an Abby fan/fanatic though. Smn's do seem to thrive in those zones, as do most jobs.