LV90 perp staves
First Page 2
 Siren.Kunimatsu
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2010-12-06 20:19:02
Link | Quote | Reply

So the LV90 perp staves don't get an increase in -perp, they instead get elemental affinity: BP delay -10....

Also, Shareeravadi once again gets another 1 mab increase from the previous one, which I find a little unfair considering nirvana gets +5 MAB each update and has +35 avatar MAB at 90....
 Cerberus.Zandra
Server: Cerberus
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-12-06 20:20:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kunimatsu said:
So the LV90 perp staves don't get an increase in -perp, they instead get elemental affinity: BP delay -10....

Why do you even need them if you've got the new hands?

/sch and windstorm^^
 Siren.Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2010-12-06 20:22:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah its not so much the no increase in perp reduction, its the -10 BP for the element, Im already close to capping BP delay so unless this ignores the cap it's a bit of a waste when they could have put something unique on it :/
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-06 20:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Blm ones only get -casting time...
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-12-06 20:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:

You're joking right? You gotta be joking.
 Siren.Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2010-12-06 20:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:

I would have thought increasing the macc of the DMG staves to +2 or something lol
 Cerberus.Zandra
Server: Cerberus
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-12-06 20:33:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Stefanos said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:

You're joking right? You gotta be joking.

might not be

SE finally fixed mythics and gave them the edge?
 Bahamut.Aeronis
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-12-06 20:44:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kunimatsu said:
Also, Shareeravadi once again gets another 1 mab increase from the previous one, which I find a little unfair considering nirvana gets +5 MAB each update and has +35 avatar MAB at 90....
You're honestly complaining that a Mythic gets a better boost than a Magian Weapon?
[+]
 Siren.Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2010-12-06 20:45:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Siren.Kunimatsu said:
You're honestly complaining that a Mythic gets a better boost than a Magian Weapon?

12 MAB vs 35 mab <.< would it have killed them to give just a little more mab for the non nirvana SMN D:
 Bahamut.Aeronis
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-12-06 20:47:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kunimatsu said:
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Siren.Kunimatsu said:
12 MAB vs 35 mab <.< would it have killed them to give just a little more mab for the non nirvana SMN D:
Well I don't see any other staff that gives Avatar MAB+, do you? :o So no complaining! D:<
 Siren.Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2010-12-06 20:52:15
Link | Quote | Reply

:( I know, i'll still be doing the trial, even if its makes me only 1 MAB better lol
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
Server: Bismarck
user: Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2010-12-06 21:08:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Finished staff should remove perp cost completely... I can dream
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [36 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Faey
Server: Shiva
user: Faey
By Shiva.Faey 2011-01-11 14:05:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Because you can now get pretty much everything in one gear set without having to macro any gear changes other than your staff.

Caller's Doublet +2: -4 Perp
Caller's Pigaches +2: -3 Perp
Trial Staff +2: -6 Perp

Brings us to -13 Perp, and since other than elemental spirits, avatars don't go higher that 14mp/tick Perp cost, you've capped -Perp with 3 pieces of gear.

Trial Staff +2: -10 BP Delay
Summoner's Bracers: -2 BP Delay
Tiresias' Cape: -3 BP Delay

Add two more pieces of gear and you've also hit the BP Delay cap.

Auto Refresh II: Refresh +2
Caller's Horn +2: Refresh +2

Another piece of gear, and you're at 3mp/tick before things like /rdm refresh. You've still got 9 gear slots to fill up with other stats. Macro in Shareeravadi +2 or Soulscourge for MAB+ where needed, and you're golden. You no longer even have to worry about day/weather for anything other than elemental siphon. And probably have a lot of inventory space back after you store all that macro gear.
[+]
 Siren.Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2011-01-11 14:37:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Main problem with the -10 BP delay staves is that it only applies to one specific avatar, requiring you to get all the +2 if you want to have capped BP delay using "less" gear for all avatars, which could be counter productive if you aren't really planning on getting all 8 magian perp staves. (included dark and lollight perp staves)

I already have capped BP delay with

And the majority of that gear I use for other things as well so it's not really harmful to my inventory space, but getting all 8 +2 staves would be :/ Considering i'm already carrying around

-6 perp wind staff
-4 perp dark staff
fay crozier with -3 perp
Shareeravadi +2
Terra's staff for "oshit" macro
Light staff
Pluto's staff
Working on a water perp magian stave.
 Shiva.Faey
By Shiva.Faey 2011-01-11 15:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Other than light perp- staff ('cause sadly Carby is still pretty useless), I see the other staves as worth getting to at least the -5 perp stage, and then it's 250 kills and 15 geodes to the +2 stage, so might as well go all the way. Even with the +2 staff unless using day/weather gear or have conjurer's ring latent active, I'm still not capping -perp without avatar's favor (using royal redingote still as I haven't gotten caller's body yet). And I like getting a decent amount of +mp/tick even with an avatar out.

Even if you're not saving inventory space, it certainly makes macro's a lot simpler. No more BP delay- gear set macro > Use BP > BP dmg gear set macro > wait for BP to go off > equip perp- gear again.
 Siren.Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2011-01-11 15:53:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Faey said:
Even if you're not saving inventory space, it certainly makes macro's a lot simpler. No more BP delay- gear set macro > Use BP > BP dmg gear set macro > wait for BP to go off > equip perp- gear again.

Personally I would still be doing -BP delay > execute BP > BP potency > perp set, even with the minimised BP delay gear, so I can throw everything into maximising BP power/acc without sacrificing slots for -BP delay or whatever.

Recently got PC version and windower macros allow me to do all that in one macro, so It doesn't really matter to me what I use for -BP delay as long as its capped at the beginning. But back in the Xbox days I had to hit a macro for each step of the BP lol.

Whole process for using wind blade currently goes like this:

BP delay:

/Execute merit BP

Magic BP setup:

/wait

Garuda perp set:
 Siren.Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2011-01-11 16:19:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Faey said:
('cause sadly Carby is still pretty useless)

If for some god-forsaken reason you're stuck main healing a party, carby is the best avatar for healing, fully charged regen favor with af3 horn and as /SCH, accession regen II and the whole pt has 30hp/tick regen. And healing ruby II is the strongest healing pact out of HRII spring water and whispering wind (although spring water is a bit more worth it with the erasega effect.)
[+]
 Shiva.Faey
By Shiva.Faey 2011-01-11 16:43:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Given that Caller's Doublet +2 outright beats Royal Redingote, and Caller's Spats +2 are better than Oracle's Braconi, a +2 staff means you'd only really need to macro change staff and neck (and head for garuda). Don't see much point in changing the back piece from Tiresias' personally.

I've never really gotten into Windower macro scripting, mostly 'cause I have enough problems with macro's messing up from lag and such without it. I like to keep my gear changes down to a minimum.

But in reference to the original question of thread, I think they're trying to make it easier on smns to not have to change full gear sets 3 times in 10 seconds every time they BP. And given that we don't really need another -1 perp, I'm quite happy about the -10 BP delay.
 Shiva.Faey
By Shiva.Faey 2011-01-11 16:46:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kunimatsu said:
Shiva.Faey said:
('cause sadly Carby is still pretty useless)

If for some god-forsaken reason you're stuck main healing a party, carby is the best avatar for healing, fully charged regen favor with af3 horn and as /SCH, accession regen II and the whole pt has 30hp/tick regen. And healing ruby II is the strongest healing pact out of HRII spring water and whispering wind (although spring water is a bit more worth it with the erasega effect.)

If you're stuck main healing on smn, someone's doing it wrong. And light staff (you're probably using it for curing anyways) is plenty -perp for carby anyways, especially with avatar's favor going.
 Siren.Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2011-01-11 16:57:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah im still working on getting caller's doublet +1 and the last 2 seals for legs, and caller's sash.

I agree they are trying to make it easier to cap BP delay as some people might not have the means to get relic pieces and YYR.

The macros I use via windower don't take any hard scripting to do, I don't use spellcast just basic .txt files, should give this a go :P I haven't experienced any lag issues with windower macros as it takes all the /equip data from one line instead of several ingame. taken from a macro help thread

Siren.Kunimatsu said:
You can make basic gear swaps using .txt files without all that spellcast stuff.

Program files > windower > scripts

Here you can make subfolders for each job or whatever, like for my SMN macros I made a folder called "smn"

Open up a notepad, here you can type out all the gear swaps and/or commands in that, for example

input /equip hands "Summoner's Brcr.";
input /equip body "Yinyang Robe";
input /equip head "Penance Hat";
input /equip legs "Summoner's Spats";

You must put the ; before the next line for it to work. EDIT: you can also copy and paste the lines using ffxiah item sets, it has all the /equip lines for each piece of gear at the bottom of the page that you can just paste straight into a notepad file. Now save it with an easy file name (this one for me is bpdelay.txt), and put it in your script folder.

Then to activate that in game, in a macro line type
/console exec smn/bpdelay.txt

Siren.Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2011-01-11 17:00:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Faey said:

If you're stuck main healing on smn, someone's doing it wrong. And light staff (you're probably using it for curing anyways) is plenty -perp for carby anyways, especially with avatar's favor going.

I had to main heal for a small limbus static back at 80, SMN/SCH I was pretty beast at keeping people alive and still managed to DD on stuff when it was needed :P
 Asura.Miyara
Server: Asura
By Asura.Miyara 2011-01-17 18:55:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I would guess that the -10 is so you can get max -bp timer without having to equip any AF2, and allowing you to have the AF3+2 equipped for the blood boon augment. Right now you could get to -14 (staff, Caller's Earing and Tiresias' Cape)
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [127 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2011-05-24 14:39:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Question please. Anyone hear of a staff call stormscorge?!
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2011-05-24 14:40:55
Link | Quote | Reply

You mean Soulscourge?
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2011-05-24 14:43:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes!!! Thank you Hit!!! Was trying to remember!!
 Shiva.Paulu
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2011-05-24 14:43:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you meant Soulscourge.
(Staff)All Races
DMG:60 Delay:366
Summoning Magic Skill +7
"Blood Boon"+5
Avatar: Attack+10 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+5
Lv.89 SMN

It the drop blue!! drop off of Hedjedjet in Aby-Altep.
By Biglen 2011-05-24 14:50:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally love this staff I'm not really into doing the magian trail so I have the HQ staffs and I macro in this staff with my BP. AF3 +1 working on AF3+2 atm, but for right now I feel I have a pretty good setup and I enjoy playing the job.

FYI I never main heal if they are asking for that I get my whm or rdm friend end of story I treat it like they are asking my to main heal on my paladin . . . .not going to happen. Some ppl can do it I'm not one of them.

I like to pull out my avatar and smack stuff in the face ingame and real life. (That just happened!!)

For real I need my summoner feet to drop from chest I have +1 and 4/6 +2 items DROP!!!
 Siren.Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2011-05-24 14:58:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Biglen said:
I like to pull out my avatar and smack stuff in the face ingame and real life. (That just happened!!)

You threw your cat(carby) at someones face or something?
 Bismarck.Faelar
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-05-24 14:59:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Paulu said:
I think you meant Soulscourge. (Staff)All Races DMG:60 Delay:366 Summoning Magic Skill +7 "Blood Boon"+5 Avatar: Attack+10 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+5 Lv.89 SMN It the drop blue!! drop off of Hedjedjet in Aby-Altep.

I got one of these a few weeks ago....now to just level SMN from 23...XD
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-24 15:16:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Paulu said:
I think you meant Soulscourge.
(Staff)All Races
DMG:60 Delay:366
Summoning Magic Skill +7
"Blood Boon"+5
Avatar: Attack+10 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+5
Lv.89 SMN

It the drop blue!! drop off of Hedjedjet in Aby-Altep.

Why did you need to repeat what someone just said?
First Page 2