New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » AF3 Body/Gloves/Earring
AF3 Body/Gloves/Earring
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Belladiavala 2011-01-20 22:53:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Orison's is a new excuse, as to how abyssea is gimping whm. OMG 100,000 xp per hour oh no... my skills a level 55 at 90...now what....... The Whm gear isn't the best.... Nobles and Healing/Dryad is what I used for four years.... Didn't have any issues then... Not worth wasting hours on this new gear...

BTW Fully Merited 90 whm... the Old way...
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2011-01-20 22:59:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Belladiavala said:
Orison's is a new excuse, as to how abyssea is gimping whm. OMG 100,000 xp per hour oh no... my skills a level 55 at 90...now what....... The Whm gear isn't the best.... Nobles and Healing/Dryad is what I used for four years.... Didn't have any issues then... Not worth wasting hours on this new gear...

Good luck gimping yourself 'cause you're too stubborn to adapt.

Edit: hi2u capped potency and cast time-%:

Seraph.Rof
Server: Seraph
By Seraph.Rof 2011-01-21 05:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do you want to equip full time some precast gears ?
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-01-21 05:38:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Belladiavala said:

Thought process:

1. Begin typing intelligent post
2. Stop typing intelligent post to check out person's gear
3. Abandon intelligent post and instead post this
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-01-21 10:46:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Belladiavala said:

lmfao@u ty.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2011-01-21 11:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply

chuchotrain said:
Sorry if this has already been mentioned before, but I haven't seen it elsewhere, but the Orison Bliaud also gives additional MDB to barspells as well.

The first stonega III was naked, no barspell, second solaced barspell and third bliaud barspell. No gear other than that was changed, only had cruor buffs as well.

I'm not sure how sound my math is because there are two unknown variables, being dint and mab of the worm. Just for the sake of it, however, I got dINT 11 by reverse calculating. In any case, it shouldn't matter much if the dINT or the MAB/MDB part is wrong since it should work out to be the same.

(434 + 11)/1.18 = 337.118~ -> 337
(434 + 11)/1.33 = 334.586~-> 334 (barspell merits and solace bonus)
(434 + 11)/ x = 311; x = 1.43 so if this is even correct, +2 body gives 10 mdb.

Again sorry if this has already been mentioned >_>, if it has, I need to lurk better.

If that's the case, the +X body would end up replacing Blessed Briault as a Bar- spell piece (going under the theory that if +2 adds +10 MDB, then +1 should add +5 MDB)

It would make sense because Afflatus Solace, as you've mentioned, does give MDB to Bar- spells and the body is meant to enhance it, so an increased MDB value would make sense.

As for Sacrifice, I can't think of any mob that gives more then 7 -na-able and erase-able status effects, but that particular mob would be the most ideal mob to test that on =p
 Leviathan.Cymmina
Server: Leviathan
user: Cymmina
By Leviathan.Cymmina 2011-01-21 11:57:18
Link | Quote | Reply

vs

Lv90 Hume WHM/SCH (77 MND, 74 VIT, 361 Skill)

Mathed out values for Cure V + Cureskin (inside Abyssea w/ +50 from cruor buffs):
1120 + 392 = 1512 effective cure from the +2 body set (49% cure potency)
1137 + 284 = 1421 effective cure from the 14% augmented body set (50% cure potency)

The cure amount isn't that different, but the cureskin difference is significant. Assuming you make use of the extra +hp on the cureskin, the +2 body set is superior on single target cures. The augmented body set is still better for curagas because you don't get a cureskin from those.

Mathed out numbers may or may not be accurate, but they'll get you in the ballpark. For reference, my Cure V does 1171 and Cure VI does 1603 inside Abyssea with cruor buffs (all Furtherance abyssites = +50) and Atma of Allure (+30). I have a 50% cure potency set with a decent amount of +MND, but my healing magic skill is well below my level (capped for 80+).

P.S. The old way sucks.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2011-01-21 11:59:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Rof said:
Why do you want to equip full time some precast gears ?

Honestly, because even with /sack, I'm out of space >__________>;