users online
Forum » FFXIV » Servers » Bodhum » Server Lottery
Server Lottery
By MavenRedux 2010-12-06 11:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

-edit for EULA
By Unmei 2010-12-06 14:07:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Scam much...? <(~.~)> GL on the sucker hunt.
By MavenRedux 2010-12-06 14:35:37
Link | Quote | Reply

gtfo troll, its legit , taking 50k to ruin my reputation not worth it. Why would I bother looking for other LS leaders to partner up with if I was just going to take some money real fast...I resent the remark go back to the Trabia forum
By Unmei 2010-12-06 14:50:07
Link | Quote | Reply

MavenRedux said:
gtfo troll, its legit , taking 50k to ruin my reputation not worth it. Why would I bother looking for other LS leaders to partner up with if I was just going to take some money real fast...I resent the remark go back to the Trabia forum

The bolded part means you need to get a life ^^ I was just fukin with ya stop being so "butthurt" Its a game dude. The fact that your so defensive is suspect. If you were a real dude you'd just ignore my post or gave me one of these ^^ ...just sayin'
By MavenRedux 2010-12-06 16:56:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok asshat, no life...seriously, pot calling the kettle black. "real dude" wtf talks like that, stop spamming forums with your 2 cents and go read a book.. I've looked at a few of your posts all you do is spam non-sense, which doesnt suprise me. The bolded portion means your an asshat.
By zahakdrakesbane 2010-12-06 23:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like you two got off at the wrong foot here. Let's start over :)
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-12-06 23:28:29
Link | Quote | Reply

For someone who says they have no ill intentions you sure are taking it pretty seriously <.< Just sayin. I can understand why you'd take offense to it, but going overboard with it makes you look worse.
By Lazyjin 2010-12-07 00:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Unmei strikes again >.>
By Unmei 2010-12-07 06:20:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Lazyjin said:
Unmei strikes again >.>

The guy should be happy at least he is getting free bumps 8D
By AuctionHouse 2010-12-07 11:51:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Unmei needs to get laid... tension building
[+]
By Hixc 2010-12-07 13:30:50
Link | Quote | Reply

this will never work
By Kikorimo 2010-12-07 14:11:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Taken from the FFXI EULA:

Quote:
3.1 Prohibited Activities.
You may not use the Game or PlayOnline for any activities that are illegal, fraudulent, or a violation of the rights of any third party. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the following acts and activities are strictly prohibited and shall, without prejudice to any other rights or remedies that SEI may have, be cause for immediate termination of your PlayOnline account and your right to play the Game (or any other services) in connection therewith:

(a) Any activities consisting of selling, purchasing, or exchanging, "gil" (or any other in-Game currency), accounts, characters, "a playerfs time and effort spent playing the Game," or Game items, for value (such as real currency) by any method, including, Internet auctions or other online exchanges;
(b) The use of the Game for the purpose of, in furtherance of, or in preparation for, committing any illegal acts (e.g., gambling) or otherwise violating any applicable local, state, national or international law, rule or regulation;

Just saying you might wanna see if this is considered a breach of the agreement first... just my 2 cents... would suck if you got nailed with the banhammer for something like this regardless of intentions.
 Carbuncle.Kyofooyo
Server: Carbuncle
user: Kyofooyo
By Carbuncle.Kyofooyo 2010-12-07 14:38:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Find that in the FFXIV EULA and we'll take your comment seriously. I don't know if it's in there or not, but bringing up another game's rules to this game is like saying you can't eat meat because vegetarians say they won't. It just makes no sense.
By Kikorimo 2010-12-07 15:17:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Kyofooyo said:
Find that in the FFXIV EULA and we'll take your comment seriously. I don't know if it's in there or not, but bringing up another game's rules to this game is like saying you can't eat meat because vegetarians say they won't. It just makes no sense.

Your wish is my command.
http://support.na.square-enix.com/rule.php?id=902&la=1&tag=useragreement_e

Quote:
3. PROHIBITED ACTIVITIES

3.6 Any Illegal Activities. You may not conduct any illegal activities whatsoever in connection with the Game. This includes every illegal activity not specifically highlighted above, including without limitation gambling, defamation, harassment, and fraud.

Like to try and save other players from potentially getting in trouble with GMs over silly stuff when I can :)
By MavenRedux 2010-12-07 16:14:32
Link | Quote | Reply

didnt realize that , thank you.
 Bismarck.Nevill
Server: Bismarck
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2010-12-07 16:25:42
Link | Quote | Reply

You're talking about an in-game lottery, right? I think that is an obligatory remark in the eula to say you will not use rl money to use this game for gambling. Pretty sure this is not meaning you can't run an in-game lotto.
By Kikorimo 2010-12-07 16:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

No problem. It was a nice idea if it wasn't for the EULA. (My guess is that due to how many people there are in the world who attempt to scam people, it was put in place to try to protect everyone. In FFXI for example they implemented controlled gambling (like the dice tables) so people can still gamble, but without the risk of getting scammed. (I mean this both ways, because sometimes people like to make up stories, and so it also prevents people from calling a GM on you and accusing you of screwing them even if you are running a 100% fair operation.)

I'm sure you'll eventually think of something else that is server-wide fun that fits in without any worry of getting anyone in trouble. :3

Also, sorry if this post is kinda hard to read... I seem to word things goofy sometimes...
By Kikorimo 2010-12-07 16:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nevill said:
You're talking about an in-game lottery, right? I think that is an obligatory remark in the eula to say you will not use rl money to use this game for gambling. Pretty sure this is not meaning you can't run an in-game lotto.

Well, that's why I originally suggested checking to see if it was a violation or not.
Quote:
Just saying you might wanna see if this is considered a breach of the agreement first... just my 2 cents... would suck if you got nailed with the banhammer for something like this regardless of intentions.

When it comes to something that could be percieved as a grey area, it is usually a good idea to check things out to save hassle in the long run. It never hurts to ask, and it can save you a lot of grief.(Sorry for double post, the post I am responding to was posted while I was typing up my previous.)
By Unmei 2010-12-07 16:54:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Well idk if you can /random like in 11 but if you can you can just have all the participants trade you the Gil then you would pick a random # post it in chat and then all the participants /random and who ever get the # you posted wins the pot. ^^ problem solved...just do it for your LS and not the server.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-12-07 21:03:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Unmei said:
Well idk if you can /random like in 11 but if you can you can just have all the participants trade you the Gil then you would pick a random # post it in chat and then all the participants /random and who ever get the # you posted wins the pot. ^^ problem solved...just do it for your LS and not the server.
If he just did it for his LS, he wouldn't be getting his 100k a week. 50 tickets * 50k * 5% = I can't remember but it was about 100k

Still, the amount of people you'd have to collect gil off and sort out numbers and ***, I cbf'd myself, I'd rather just spend that time doing something else.

As for the EULA, pretty sure it means you're not allowed to gamble with real money, ie: I bet you $50 I get to level 50 before you. etc. etc.

If you really wanna do it, ask a GM if it's against the ToS. As in FFXI, your answer will depend on the GM you get, the day of the week and the colour of your hair.
By Stronglove 2010-12-08 08:15:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, this kind of thing was commonplace in EVE. If the ToS/EULA doesn't say `NO` this kind of event is kind of fun sometimes. Definitely helps to have a DJ/Event Host for the idea though. EVE Radio was always fun to hang out with.
By MavenRedux 2010-12-08 08:33:23
Link | Quote | Reply

@Unmei I have been doing it for my Linshell and have had zero problems with it.

As far as the random factor we use random.org and our pools are normally around 1M gil so the bank takes about 50k.

And as far as the issue about collecting gil for people thats why I was looking for the other LS leader mainly viking/korupt to collect their gil for their members and give me a list of names.

It would work with minimal effort and yes the first week people would have to take my word for it but also that was the point and leaving my guys out the first week to show the process w/o pretext.

I'm an honest guy and run a tight knit shell, I might be abrasive and stubborn at times but I do not steal or cheat people.

I'm going to contact a GM about this and get a strict YES or NO.