Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Help with SMN spellcast skillup
Help with SMN spellcast skillup
 Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan
Leonardo da Clippi
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan 2010-12-05 14:14:49
Link | Quote | Reply

well, I'm new at making forum topics/etc, so I'm sorry if I do things wrong. I've been trying to figure out spellcast(I've been tried to be taught many times, lol.) Well, I want to learn it, but if I can get the smn skill up script to work, I'd be happy with that.

On windower.net they have already-made xml files, but whenever I create a xml file in the spellcast folder, and name it Skillup.xml, copy+paste what others have done and then try and load it (load Skillup.xml), it'll keep saying "Failed to load, Module not found." I really don't understand what I'm doing wrong :< I installed Notepad++ or whatever it's called to help me, but it still doesn't work :\

Here's what I'm copy+pasting: Skillup.xml

Ps: I'm not too computer-savvy, I wish I was :<
[+]
 Bismarck.Nexdeus
Server: Bismarck
user: Greyfin
By Bismarck.Nexdeus 2010-12-05 14:50:52
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.windower.net/plugins/spellcast/userxml/multi/multi_skill_up

Use that one instead.

Save that script as a text document. save it as skillup.txt or skillupsmn.txt w/e you want, just remember the name, and place it in the scripts folder for windower. once it is in there, rename the extension from .txt -> .xml

while in ffxi, hit your insert key and type

load spellcast

then type the name of your file

sc load skillup

once it has loaded, simply summon carbuncle to start the script, to end hit CTRL + ESCAPE
 Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan 2010-12-05 15:08:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nexdeus said:
http://www.windower.net/plugins/spellcast/userxml/multi/multi_skill_up

Use that one instead.

Save that script as a text document. save it as skillup.txt or skillupsmn.txt w/e you want, just remember the name, and place it in the scripts folder for windower. once it is in there, rename the extension from .txt -> .xml

while in ffxi, hit your insert key and type

load spellcast

then type the name of your file

sc load skillup

once it has loaded, simply summon carbuncle to start the script, to end hit CTRL + ESCAPE

I first saved it as a text document, and named it Skillup, but I didn't know how to change it from .txt->.xml, so I grabbed a .xml file, and pasted it in there, then stuck it in scripts folder, unloaded spellcast, then loaded it again, and typed "sc load skillup" but it said the .xml wasn't found, then tried skillup.txt/.xml etc, I dunno what I'm doing wrong, I don't understand spellcast :<
 Bismarck.Nevill
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2010-12-05 15:21:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Make a "Spellcast" folder in the plugins folder and place the xml in there and try that. if that doesn't work, place the xml directly in the plugins folder.
 Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan 2010-12-05 15:27:43
Link | Quote | Reply

It's working, thanks guys :)
 Bismarck.Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2010-12-05 15:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, for my own personal info, what worked? (My gaming computer died and I am about to have to redo all this crap...)
 Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan 2010-12-05 15:53:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the problem was that I had two spellcast folders, and it was going off the wrong folder, so I put the good spellcast folder in plugings, with my skillup.xml file, then doing load spellcast, then sc load skillup worked

Also, can you get GM'd for this? (I know with fishing bots they try and move you or some stuff) Just wondering if I should kinda sit by the monitor, or if I can totally just go afk to do stuff
 Bismarck.Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2010-12-05 16:04:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, even using spellcast to skillup is botting. I wouldn't go too far for too long. And, I would stop the script for a bit every so often just to not look quite as bottish.
[+]
 Siren.Kunimatsu
Server: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2010-12-05 16:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't heard of GMs hunting down afk skillup-ers, nor have I had an encounter with a GM whenever I used to skillup summoning magic by spamming avatars or enhancing magic. Although I used ingame macros (xbox :/) but made them do a lot of work for me with /waits and stuff, so still looked bottish.

Using this script to skillup is only really worth it while going away and doing other stuff anyway, spamming summons gives crap skillups at high levels, you get much better skillups by BP raging on EM+ mobs.
 Bismarck.Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2010-12-05 16:14:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kunimatsu said:
Using this script to skillup is only really worth it while going away and doing other stuff anyway, spamming summons gives crap skillups at high levels, you get much better skillups by BP raging on EM+ mobs.

I definately agree with this. However, this "skillup script" is a boit plain and simple and "can" get you in trouble. I never got caught though, but it could happen ig a GM is in a horrible mood I guess.

But, yeah, go cap in abyssea, take a lot less time doing BP on IT mobs.
 Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan 2010-12-05 16:19:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried to do this in abyssea, tried to solo, but my summoning skill is like 250 at 85, also tried it duo'ing with my friend, but it's hard because I have to heal him so often I can barely do Rage often, usually I just stick carby out to poison claws/healing ruby him, but I got like 2 levels in an hour+ :\ Just wanted to find something where I could go afk and do something productive XD I'll just hide away somewhere and turn my sound really high
 Siren.Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2010-12-05 16:22:12
Link | Quote | Reply

At 250 until about maybe 300 skill you can get a lot from besieged, use diabolos and spam nether blast and somnolence, you get twice the chance of skilling up per minute (or whatever your BP delay is at), can use the same trick in abyssea or solo for nice relatively quick skillups.
 Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan 2010-12-05 16:27:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno what I would solo in abyssea, I can't think of any easy DC-EM mobs, what I was doing yesterday was going out in the mire and soloing the DC imps, but it was kinda a pain especially when diabolos would get nuked down and have the imp still at 50% hp (skillups were super rare too.. I think I got like 3 levels across like 4 hours, and only 3kish exp/hour @_@;), I usually try and catch as many besieges as I can, but they're super rare :< Oh, I also don't have an ls to sneak some skillups off NMs and higher level things, so there goes that plan too, lol
 Siren.Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2010-12-05 16:32:38
Link | Quote | Reply

It's better to use physical pacts on imps, they resist magic up the *** lol. Leviathan is a beast for soloing imps even back at lv75, he's completely immune to amnesia and spinning dive is more reliable than a multi hit like pred claws.
 Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan 2010-12-05 16:39:48
Link | Quote | Reply

The script is working actually really well, I'm getting a lot of skillups surprisingly, outside port jeuno, there's a lot of people skilling up summoning, so I don't think I'm in much threat of GM, but I'll stick close to comp just incase c.c;
 Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Kunimitsu
By Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu 2010-12-05 16:40:36
Link | Quote | Reply

The easiest way I found to skill smn was to just not bother and let the skill come as it comes. Leveling in abyssea you can spam bp every min or 45 seconds or w/e, and skil tends to stay pretty close to cap. Just join a few merit pt's, or nm hunts and use bp every chance you can. It will skillup before you know it.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nexdeus
user: Greyfin
By Bismarck.Nexdeus 2010-12-05 22:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Go to a remote location, or go into abyssea with a party, get lots of extra time, and just set refresh atmas. 400+ minutes shouldnt be too hard to get, once you do, just let it run.
 Valefor.Zolan
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Zolan 2010-12-05 22:55:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Just so you know as long as you dont do it everyday for hours your in no real danger.. Back when I played on ps2 I drained my mp, put an auto controller on X after selecting Carbuncle..

I would regain 1 mp a tick from smn auto refresh till I had enough for carby, summon carby, and when mp ran out from having carby out, it would repeat. It worked wonderful.... until I fell asleep one day and woke up in what I thought was the ruins... lol 3 day suspension.. so just be careful...
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Server: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-12-05 23:50:22
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're worried about "getting caught" do in a secluded area.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [163 days between previous and next post]
 Fenrir.Tessy
Server: Fenrir
user: Tessy
By Fenrir.Tessy 2011-05-18 07:47:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi guys & girls,

I know I have asked this before, but still having issues to get my skillup xml working

I made a XML document posted the skillup script that I seen different places for SMN and BRD. I ahve read what other been written, how to creat all, but still nothing happends, all I get is an command saying ERROR skillupsmn or skillup_brd can not be found.

My xml files is lying directly under plugins > spellcast folder where my normal "gear swap xml are located"

Any one please explanie what I have to do step by step. And do I have to add some lines in the Init document for my brd & smn skillup?

And should I have the skillup.xml document in both script folder + under plugins > spellcast or just 1 place?

Thank you!
 Odin.Ellyis
Server: Odin
user: Solias
By Odin.Ellyis 2011-05-18 08:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like an error in placement, Spellcast has its own folder n such so it shouldnt be hard to find/fix that. So its possible your naming it wrong or typing the wrong execute command..
Take a look back through and make sure its located in the right place, then recheck name, then redo the execute command in game after reloading Spellcast.
 Fenrir.Tessy
By Fenrir.Tessy 2011-05-18 08:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi Ellyis,

I have tryed that so many times now, thats why I'm posting here I run out of ideas. My spellcast has the latest version. All my JOB's XML's works 100%, just this part "skillup folders" I can't get to work, allways gives me that Error failuer when trying to load not found etc.. and I use the command //sc load "name of the skillup xml"

Thats why I'm asking the way I do, to get 110& correct path, naming of files, and wich goes where. Hit here on FFXIAH helps me alot, and have helped me on the skillup stuff aswell. But for some very strange reason things dosen't work in my end, and for me it dosen't make any sense when the normal job XML's works just fine. Just getting tired of pushing my manual buttons alot latley, first brd, not yet finish still need 110 to cap, and now SMN..

Here is a screenshot taken of my spellcaster folder where you can see the path the files are located on, and also how the xml files is named.

Asura.Pergatory
Server: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2011-05-18 18:30:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Tessy, you appear to have file extensions hidden. Which means your "Skillupsmn.xml" is actually "Skillupsmn.xml.xml". Try removing one of the .xml's. It should just show up as "Skillupsmn" but still have the blue globe icon like the other XML files.
[+]
 Fenrir.Tessy
By Fenrir.Tessy 2011-05-22 04:14:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said:
Tessy, you appear to have file extensions hidden. Which means your "Skillupsmn.xml" is actually "Skillupsmn.xml.xml". Try removing one of the .xml's. It should just show up as "Skillupsmn" but still have the blue globe icon like the other XML files.

Hi sorry fro the late reply, O.o really I diden't know that. So basic it is only when u make a new "notpad" you name it .xml, and when using exicting Blue globe as u call it u just save the name ove the one you want?

Sorry for the late replie, but thank you, I got an skillup from one of the users on FFXIAH wich I got working. So thanks for all the help and replies people.
 Asura.Pergatory
Server: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2011-05-23 11:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

When you're in a "Save" dialog, if you leave off the extension then it'll generally automatically append a default extension. Like in Notepad, if you don't type ".xml" at the end, it'll automatically add ".txt" because that's the Notepad default. However, if you type an extension, that will get used instead of whatever the default is.

Either way, after you save it, and when you see the file in explorer, it will not show you the extension if the extension is recognized by the system. The only way to know what kind of file it is would be by looking at the "Type" column. If it says "XML Document" (or in your case, "XML-Dokument") then you know it has a .xml extension even though it is hidden.

Honestly, I've always found this to be very confusing, and there are actually cases where it has been dangerous. There was a virus that gave a file a name like "picture.jpg.vbs" and while VBS is a dangerous extension, if you had extensions hidden it would actually just show up as "picture.jpg" which seems harmless. That's why the first thing I do on any copy of Windows is turn off the option to "hide known file extensions." That way there is never any doubt or confusion.

Short version: As long as the Type is "XML-Dokument" and it has the blue globe, then it still has the ".xml" extension, whether you can see it or not.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [531 days between previous and next post]
 Lakshmi.Antonios
Server: Lakshmi
user: jokstr
By Lakshmi.Antonios 2012-11-04 15:05:59
Link | Quote | Reply

OK im tryin to skill up smn using the "skillup.xml" file but its only casting cure...

Using this one http://pastebin.com/4NwwNi27

Help me figure out how to fix this thanks
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [158 days between previous and next post]
By Lokiri 2013-04-12 03:38:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone edited that script for use as BRD, rather than adding a new section.

Anyway find the bit where it starts summoner process and replace the first two segments with this, I made the modifications and its now working for me.
Code
		<if spell="Carbuncle"> <!--- Summoning Magic Skill-Up Segment --->
			<!-- Debug info --> <if advanced='"$Show.Debug" == "True"'><addtochat color="67">Debug Process:: Carbuncle Spell Detected, Processing Summoner Segment.</addtochat></if>
			<var cmd="set currentspell carbuncle" />
			<if advanced='$SkillCycle = 1'>
				<command when="aftercast">wait $RestTime4Smn;input /ja "Release";wait $RestTime4Smn;input /ma "$currentspell"</command>
				<var cmd="set SkillCycle 2" />
				<changespell spell="Carbuncle" />
				<changetarget target="<me>" />
				<!-- Debug info --> <if advanced='"$Show.Debug" == "True"'><addtochat color="67">Debug Process:: Cycle Process 1 Processed.</addtochat></if>
			</if>
			<elseif advanced='$SkillCycle = 2'>
				<command when="aftercast">wait $RestTime4Smn;input /ja "Release";wait $RestTime4Smn;input /ma "$currentspell"</command>
				<var cmd="set SkillCycle 3" />
				<changespell spell="Ifrit" />
				<changetarget target="<me>" />
				<!-- Debug info --> <if advanced='"$Show.Debug" == "True"'><addtochat color="67">Debug Process:: Cycle Process 2 Processed.</addtochat></if>
			</elseif>