Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Kraken club Paladin
Kraken club Paladin
 Asura.Emoneaone
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Oldsarge
By Asura.Emoneaone 2010-11-18 16:38:21
Link | Quote | Reply

SE truly needs to alter the enmity cap. PLD should have an innate cap much higher than any other job. NIN was an accidental tank, so it doesn't count.

Raise PLD's enmity caps by 50%, then the job may be able to function again as the tank it is supposed to be.
 Leviathan.Gotterdammerung
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Gotterdammerung 2010-11-18 17:09:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:

Where the hell are you getting those numbers from? You're not going to be doing 1200 in one round. Both Khanda and kclub have horrible D, +enlight diminishes per hit. Two procs on kclubs multi attack on kclub will pretty much kill enlights damage. That and enspells don't generate enmity.

i said around 1200 maximum wich would be 3 khanda crits and 5 kraken club crits with 8 hits starting with a full enlight. Thats around the maximum u COULD do. I listed numbers for min max and average, maybei dunno ... read the whole post.

Yeh khanda and Kclub both have low Dmg rating but that totally doesnt matter as much as u think it does. Its more important in this scenario to have a higher swings per round to let the RR and enlight do there work. U should see khanda crits in the 100-120 range and Kclub crits in the 70-90 and u should crit around 50% of the time. Khanda reg hits should be around 60-90 and K club is usually 15-30. These might sound like low numbers but when u consider an average 5 swings per round and add in the enlight dmg it starts becoming not just substantial but impressive.

And if u read the whole thing i already adressed enlights diminishing effect. And yes u will lower ur enlight dmg fast but that means nothing you can still recast it soon to reset the dmg and it is still a large source of dmg. Its actually good if u can lower its dmg fast. Go ahed n add up the total enlight dmg for 50 hits it takes to cancel it. The faster u can cancel it the faster u just did that dmg.

As for enlights not generating enmity... so you will do fine with just the swing DMG and the WS dmg.

Also, if u dont want to try it out u dont have too. In the meantime, other people will try it out and have some fun kicking *** and doing something fresh and unique. You can sit in the QQ clubhouse and circle jerk over a pictures of tachi: fudo screenshots.

And @ Lorzy i alredy said NMs are not the whole game. At best there 50% of the game. If u dont have multiple gear sets for different situations... maybe u should look into it.
[+]
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-11-18 17:22:22
Link | Quote | Reply

we tank xp mobs now?
By Leviathan.Gotterdammerung 2010-11-18 17:24:49
Link | Quote | Reply

More like you are still able to if u wanted too
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-11-18 17:29:15
Link | Quote | Reply

they should be dying too fast to worry about who has hate :/ i mean if you do a lot of damage, that's great, but i don't really understand the point of flash/cure for hate if it dies instantly.
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-11-18 17:34:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Gotterdammerung said:

i said around 1200 maximum wich would be 3 khanda crits and 5 kraken club crits with 8 hits starting with a full enlight. Thats around the maximum u COULD do. I listed numbers for min max and average, maybei dunno ... read the whole post.

Yeh khanda and Kclub both have low Dmg rating but that totally doesnt matter as much as u think it does. Its more important in this scenario to have a higher swings per round to let the RR and enlight do there work. U should see khanda crits in the 100-120 range and Kclub crits in the 70-90 and u should crit around 50% of the time. Khanda reg hits should be around 60-90 and K club is usually 15-30. These might sound like low numbers but when u consider an average 5 swings per round and add in the enlight dmg it starts becoming not just substantial but impressive.

And if u read the whole thing i already adressed enlights diminishing effect. And yes u will lower ur enlight dmg fast but that means nothing you can still recast it soon to reset the dmg and it is still a large source of dmg. Its actually good if u can lower its dmg fast. Go ahed n add up the total enlight dmg for 50 hits it takes to cancel it. The faster u can cancel it the faster u just did that dmg.

As for enlights not generating enmity... so you will do fine with just the swing DMG and the WS dmg.

Also, if u dont want to try it out u dont have too. In the meantime, other people will try it out and have some fun kicking *** and doing something fresh and unique. You can sit in the QQ clubhouse and circle jerk over a pictures of tachi: fudo screenshots.

And @ Lorzy i alredy said NMs are not the whole game. At best there 50% of the game. If u dont have multiple gear sets for different situations... maybe u should look into it.

Capped pDif and fSTR means

Khanda will be hitting for 88 per swing.
Crits will be around 120, or 156 with RR atma

Kclub will be at 44/hit, 60 Crit, 78 w/ RR atma

If you had 100% proc on multi hits and 100% crit rate so you'd be at 984/round before enlight.

Now add in the fallacies

Uncapped pDif
Maybe capped accuracy
Enlight resists
Crit rate on PLD isn't even close to cap with uncapped dDEX
Oh and the chance of both Khanda and Kclub max procing in 1 round is pretty *** low.

All the while other melee have higher crit rate, critting for 400 and upwards, immediately blowing your damage away with 2-3 swings. And since Enlight doesn't add enmity, your VE will be dropping insanely fast vs any other kind of DD.

I'll stick with my Fudo circle jerking. Get out
[+]
By Leviathan.Gotterdammerung 2010-11-18 18:17:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Im not gonna argue with you about whether its good or not. I know it works. And as i stated before it doesn't matter if u don't agree.
I posted it so people who wanted to do it could try it out as well.

It also happened to be ON TOPIC. why are you coming to a paladin thread about kraken club and posting ur off topic "pld is dead" nonsense.
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-11-18 18:29:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Gotterdammerung said:

It also happened to be ON TOPIC. why are you coming to a paladin thread about kraken club and posting ur off topic "pld is dead" nonsense.

Someone asking if Kclub would work, and me saying no with damage calculations to say why is off topic? I didn't say one thing about PLD being dead.
[+]