Link | Quote | Reply

A- = 269
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-11-16 20:14:12
Link | Quote | Reply

would have been 269, 276 was the a+ cap.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [516 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Triedge
Server: Ragnarok
user: triedge
By Ragnarok.Triedge 2012-04-15 16:51:05
Link | Quote | Reply

what is the damage taken in a avatar?

????
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Server: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2012-04-15 16:57:58
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXIclopedia said:
Avatars have an innate Physical Damage Taken -50%. This does not apply to magical damage. All avatars are highly resistant to the elements they represent and are strong against.
At level 85, physical damage reduction for avatars is approximately -52.4% thanks to Stout Servant, meaning that they will take less than half damage from physical attacks. Tested via the Cactuar version of 1000 Needles, which deals physical damage. All avatars and Spirits tested took 476 damage from 1000 Needles when they were the only target in the area of effect.
 Cerberus.Forseti
Server: Cerberus
user: Twan
By Cerberus.Forseti 2012-04-16 10:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

If a smn subs thf and has tarutaru sash th+1 augment on it...can the smn just sic pet on it and tag th3 on mob like that or smn has to hit the mob directly ?
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nanashi14
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2012-04-16 11:32:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Smn has to perform an action on the mob to tag TH (attacking, ranged, spell, etc.) last I checked. Using pet commands won't work.
[+]
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2012-04-17 23:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Neisan said: »
Smn has to perform an action on the mob to tag TH (attacking, ranged, spell, etc.) last I checked. Using pet commands won't work.

Technically, the SMN only has to perform an action that generates hate. The SMN has to be on the hate list of the monster in order for TH to "land." Which you generate some level of hate just by telling the avatar to attack (generated after the avatar actually hits the monster, mind you.) And you do generate a tad bit of hate giving an avatar a Blood Pact command. So, pet commands would work.
 Ramuh.Austar
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-04-17 23:42:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Pet commands won't work. Just being on the hate list doesn't apply TH.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2012-04-17 23:50:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Pet commands won't work. Just being on the hate list doesn't apply TH.

BGwiki said:
Treasure Hunter works as a debuff effect on the mob; the player with Treasure Hunter must take some aggressive action against the mob in order to apply the Treasure Hunter effect, after which the effect will remain even if the player is not in the party that kills the mob

ffxiclopedia also says something similar to this, but then there is also out-dated info about Treasure Hunter on there also; like TH wears off when you're wiped from the hate list. (Which it doesn't; TH remains until the monster is passive and regenerates (on a somewhat similar timer to how long it takes for Call of Help status to wear off a monster; unless the idle monster regenerates to 100%))

An aggressive action against a monster can be a pet command (like Predator Claws etc.)
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-04-17 23:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Was testing recently with bounty shot.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2012-04-17 23:53:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Was testing recently with bounty shot.

I assume you mean you had a SMN/THF (or you were on SMN/THF with a RNG friend) attack a monster with thier avatar, then used a Blood Pact command on the monster. Then used Bounty Shot after the Blood Pact to check the TH level on the monster?
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-04-17 23:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply

yes
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2012-04-17 23:56:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Then I take back what I said before!
By Gimp 2012-04-18 00:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont understand something. Say you just sick the pet on the mob and the pet dies; the mob comes after because of the assault command used on it(no bps used) would that fall under alliance hate(?) and the mob would potentially kill you while you're not on the hate list?

I use alliance hate tentatively because that's the only thing I know can kill you without touching a mob and with the rest of your party dead and I don't know if you're counted on the hate list even if you should be.
 Shiva.Paulu
Server: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2012-04-18 01:06:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I think using "hate" is the wrong way to think about TH. "Offensive actions" are a better way to think of how TH is applied. You could cure someone to get on the hate list but it wouldn't mean you put TH on the mob. I not certain but I do agree that assault probably won't land TH.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [71 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Warusha
Server: Odin
user: Serithus
By Odin.Warusha 2012-06-28 11:49:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Sphere effect from body affect pets? Seems good to idle in if you're in a SMN party.
By Autotech 2012-06-28 11:55:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Warusha said: »
Does Sphere effect from body affect pets? Seems good to idle in if you're in a SMN party.

Interesting question, I wouldn't mind knowing this myself.
 Odin.Sawtelle
Server: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-06-28 12:21:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the easiest way to test it would be to do some magic BP on some lvl 1 mob not wearing a body at 0tp, summon a new avatar equip anhur robe, bp again. Mab sphere would increase dmg. I don't have an anhur robe to test it myself.