users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Gleaming Shield
Gleaming Shield
 Quetzalcoatl.Alexiah
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Alexiah 2010-10-30 13:19:04
Link | Quote | Reply

So I was looking at it's entry here on FFXIAH, and I saw a few comments about the higher-than-normal block rate for a kite shield. At first, I was a little put off by the fact that it has no stats except DEF, but if the higher block rate is true, that would make this shield pretty damn sexy. I was wondering if anyone has done any tests with it, or have had an experiences using, good or bad? I remember when Seigneur Shield came out, there was a few comments about how that had higher-than-normal block rate, but since then, it seems that has been disproven. Though released at the same time, Gleaming Shield hasn't had that same fate (yet). Either way, I was just curious, is all. Any insight would be great.
 Fenrir.Gradd
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-11-01 23:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

The only shield with an exceptionally High Block rate was Sipar, and SE has since changed that, it no longer has a 99% Block rate.

At least it didn't the last time I screwed around with it after the cap was increased to 80.
 Valefor.Worlace
Server: Valefor
user: Worlace
By Valefor.Worlace 2010-11-02 00:12:32
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't have higher than normal block rate because to the best of my knowledge each size of shield has a set % of block rate (with the exception of Aegis). The thing that everyone freaked out about was the higher damage reduced because of the new job trait Shield Defense Bonus. I personally notice a 80-90% reduction with it on Aegis, but its hard to get a solid % with phalanx now.
 Quetzalcoatl.Alexiah
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Alexiah 2010-11-02 08:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I gave in and tested it out and I didn't notice anything crazy about it. Granted, my stupid parser wasn't working, so I couldn't check it for sure, but either way, I didn't notice a significant difference. Oh well. Thanks for the tips guys. ~
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-11-02 08:54:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
The only shield with an exceptionally High Block rate was Sipar, and SE has since changed that, it no longer has a 99% Block rate.

At least it didn't the last time I screwed around with it after the cap was increased to 80.
Ah lame. I wanted to use it to skill up on rdm