Titan.Gaiarorshack
Server: Titan
Game: FFXI
user: MiavPigen
By Titan.Gaiarorshack 2010-10-08 08:24:14
Link | Quote | Reply

This is my current WS set

and for add'ed info my tp set

Against high level nm's or mobs with high eva on /check im still using Ecphoria Ring when ws'ing

With my current setup my acc brings me at a hitrate of 95% against level 92 mobs with 380eva

so im thinking of using minuet earing and get the dex+1/str+1 instead of of assault earing when ws'ing

or maybe keep two ws built one with Ecphoria Ring and assault earring for higher acc and one with victory ring and minuet erring for more dmg when hitrate is cap'ed / agressor is up.

would it be a godo idea to swap out assault earring for minuet earring for kings justice ws ?
[+]
 Siren.Corrin
Server: Siren
By Siren.Corrin 2010-10-08 09:17:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm my first reaction was to say use assault. But since your acc seems fine minuet might be the better option. However I think the best option was what you said about having two ws sets.
 Asura.Isiolia
Server: Asura
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2010-10-08 09:29:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Could also consider a Fowling Earring in place of either of those, depending. Not like any of 'em are expensive anymore. Or just use a STR earring.

You can also make better tradeoffs for ACC on WS than keeping in your Ecphoria ring. There, you're trading 4 STR for 4 ACC (granted, this could be 6 STR for 7 ACC with better gear) - something like, say, your Warwolf Belt or Perle Salade could trade off 5 STR for 10 or more ACC, if not flat out upgraded to a hybrid piece such as a Warrior's Stone/Sentry Belt, Ravager's Mask +1, or so on.
Either way, there are other slots that can add more ACC for the ~5 STR lost, making the ring slot not the logical tradeoff to me.
 Alexander.Kryptonitic
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Kryptonitic 2010-10-11 09:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Not wanting to pick holes but a sword strap with delay -3% also effects how much tp you get per hit so it minimilisticly increases your DoT but doesn't change how frequently you can WS unlike haste. A mythril grip+1 will add a lil str, vit and acc to your swings and WSs which would be a super cheap way to increase acc for WS without sacrificing other areas. KJ can't crit without Mighty Strikes so don't worry about Dex in there except for the additional accuracy, A minuet earring would beat the assault earring if you are landing all hits due to the effect str has on a WS and the high str mod on KJ. With str+3 earrings now available, (although super rare) Str+2 earrings will start dropping in price so you may want to start saving for one of them. Easiest way to cap acc on a multihit WS is to get the MKD helm and put acc+ and WS acc+ mods on it. Even with MKD helm, capped GAxe merits, Agressor and Hasso Adaberk etc People do still miss hits on KJ so don't beat yourself up if it's not max tp return everytime
 Fenrir.Gradd
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-10-11 09:09:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Get a rose Strap, it will push you into a 6-hit with that Great Axe.

That is assuming you are working towards the 10% Damage GA.