Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » WAR55 and 63 sets
WAR55 and 63 sets
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-10-08 00:49:00
Link | Quote | Reply

For soloing in FoV (since you mentioned it along with Campaign) you'll want to shake off all that -EVA you have from Hauby and Woodsman.
SHs are really cheap now!
Oh, I forgot to mention another bonus from camping voyager sallet is jaeger ring.
schwarz axt is 100% drop, and the manta skins that drop off the PH's Npc for 1K.
Since both Rampage and Raging Rush have a Crit mod I'd stick to RSE hands all the way.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-10-08 02:22:54
Link | Quote | Reply

For Penta, use attack and accuracy gear on warrior. It will boost your damage by a lot, something you notice when using Berserk.
 Bahamut.Arouis
Server: Bahamut
user: arouis
By Bahamut.Arouis 2010-10-08 05:48:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Get yourself:
Jaguar mantle.... its a small bonus to attack for you pre Amement lvls and it isnt much, then also invest in some Luisant Solerets, like 60k on Bahamhut and a *** load better than the feet you wear.

And Sevourn, your a Douche, dont post negative ***if someone is only asking for advice, keep your mouth shut and *** off elsewhere.
[+]
 Bahamut.Arouis
By Bahamut.Arouis 2010-10-08 05:51:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Rafik said:
at lv 55 dual wield axes and use rampage until you get raging rush, then switch to great axe

the +10accuracy axes are what level 48-49?

dont ws in strength rings unless you can afford the accuracy loss.

if your rampage or raging rush numbers are not so hot you might need more accuracy in your ws set.

you can sub drg, sam or nin

also, some Luisant gear is still good for your level unless it is still expensive

Merman's Gorget, Spectacles
Accura Cape is lv 51 and gives you +3accu the +1 gives you 4accu

Also, some of this advice is good. But ignore the axe crap,
Polearm.
Penta Thrust
Enough said.

Ill bold what you should do.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-10-08 06:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

virtuoso belt is level 54 (i think), an nm drop but a pretty good multi-hit ws piece (penta, rampage, etc). if it was mentioned before, sorry i missed it. personally i wouldn't bother with a cape until amemet +1, since they're pretty lackluster in comparison, but if you really want something that'll help damage, your options are, as said above, jaguar and accura. luisant is great for 45, but if it's expensive and you're already 55, rk stuff/jaridah body is pretty comparable.
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-10-08 12:50:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Wowwww, thanks a ton guys--Sorry I can't reply to each post directly, but I'll respond to a few things....

- OKAY, okay--I'll GET the Amemet mantle +1, it's 40k, so... whatevs. I figured if I just saved up for a Cerberus mantle for both my PLD and WAR and wait out the 20 levels it'd be alright. :P

- Sheelay! I'll camp them, don't worry! XD To be honest, since woodsman rings are so cheap nowadays, I'm not too keen on getting a jaeger ring drop, but you're definitely right in saying it's a plus. And knowing schwarz axt is 100% drop helps a lot :D

- I've already purchased a scorpion harness (for 15k, lol) for soloing, so no worries there.

- The Luisant set is waaaay beyond my budget, otherwise I would have gone for it, all the way. :(

- So I was right in assuming I should stack Accuracy and Attack for TPing, but for multi-hit WS, Accuracy >>> STR? The only multi-hit WS I have access to are 2-hit Sturmwind (GAxe) and Raging Axe (Axe). For now I'm dreadfully under the 55 cap (141 instead of 178), but I'm hoping Martial Master will correct that this week :P But for those two WS I'm using, should I just stick to my original WS set?

- Actually--don't laugh--I have Polearm skilled past 150 because of PLD (I NEVER USED IT TO TANK, just... thought it might be useful to have it skilled D:), so should I just stick with that for now, and skill up Axe/GAxe later? :o

- virtuoso belt for WS, and swift belt for TP? Actually, I'll stick to potent belt since I already have it. Don't have much time to camp NMs as it is :(
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-10-08 12:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Under 60 or whenever you exp on birds, Penta with a good Polearm will usually be better. As long as you eat proper food and use more attack based gear since it benefits more from that tbh. When you use RR you should eat Pizza, or if you're sure you're close to capped or at cap on acc (say 68+ and still on imps) you can use a Yellow Curry Bun.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-10-08 13:00:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Arouis said:

And Sevourn, your a Douche

this may be true

but i'm a douche who knows the difference between you're and your
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-10-08 13:11:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Bahamut.Arouis said:
this may be true but i'm a douche who knows the difference between you're and your
Haha

I don't think he's a douche at all..doesn't pussy foot around, calls it like it is..and if you suck I am sure he will tell you.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-10-08 13:32:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Your current sets are fine for FoV soloing, and should you notice missing hits on WS you can always add some ACC from the TP build.
You probably should avoid campaign until 60 because I don't think you'd be getting much of anything out of it at your lvl.
Eastern/Western Altepa desert FoVs are your range now.

I'd strongly recommend grabbing a high lvl friend to help you skillup faster.
Considering your current skill levels anything tha cons EM should do.
If you want to keep both GA and Axe up and save some bucks, you can get yourself a tungi axe for free. It's from a pop NM and the pop item can be picked up in QSC. Combined with a bloodsword you could hit 1k rampages.
You gained access to pentha trust at lvl 51, try it out with acc atk gear.
Polearm is a great weapon to have skilled and WAR has the same skill lvl of SAMs I believe.

Have fun :)
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-10-08 14:35:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said:
Your current sets are fine for FoV soloing, and should you notice missing hits on WS you can always add some ACC from the TP build.
You probably should avoid campaign until 60 because I don't think you'd be getting much of anything out of it at your lvl.

If you want to keep both GA and Axe up and save some bucks, you can get yourself a tungi axe for free. It's from a pop NM and the pop item can be picked up in QSC. Combined with a bloodsword you could hit 1k rampages.
Polearm is a great weapon to have skilled and WAR has the same skill lvl of SAMs I believe.

I never ever felt the need to use Axes or a Sword with Polearm merited and then Great Axe after 60+.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-10-08 15:17:16
Link | Quote | Reply

for multi hit ws i would stick with whatever acc you have in tp gear, and replace haste with attack, then accuracy.

and yeah, don't need to really worry about virtuoso belt, but it's a really short repop (timed spawn) right next to where you port in in saruta (s). you can just randomly go there and see if it's up. like if you campaign there, for instance :P
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-10-08 15:33:44
Link | Quote | Reply

That's a good penta belt though.
 Bahamut.Arouis
By Bahamut.Arouis 2010-10-08 15:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Bahamut.Arouis said:

this may be true

Cool story bro, call the punctuation police.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-10-08 15:42:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Grammar*
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-10-08 15:57:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Arouis said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Bahamut.Arouis said:

this may be true

can i call the ancient overused long dead meme police instead
[+]
 Fenrir.Mankey
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-10-08 16:19:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Bahamut.Arouis said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Bahamut.Arouis said:

this may be true

can i call the ancient overused long dead meme police instead
You have class my friend
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-10-08 18:12:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Odin.Sheelay said:

I never ever felt the need to use Axes or a Sword with Polearm merited and then Great Axe after 60+.

I can't tell if Anye has polearm merits like you do, but since the plan was to mostly solo WAR through FoV and Campaign (due to lack of Aby expansion ad the increasngly low chances at finding regular parties) I figured "might as well give some advise as to how to make the most out of the experience and enjoy WAR's versatility on the weapon department.
Soloing on WAR means you are likely to exp off EMs and Ts at most until you gain access to Retaliation, which grants a much greater survivability when /DNC.
I doubt Anye will ever exp on colibri solo so that pretty much leaves us to other stuff that is not as weak to piercing. And since Anye has PLD lvld that means also sword skill is up there, making the Tungi/Bloodsword a viable choice for the lvl range.
WAR can be very fun if you open up to the various alteratives rather than stick to RR,RR,RR,RR,RR.
That was all I was trying to say.
Have fun!
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-10-08 18:24:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said:

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Odin.Sheelay said:

I can't tell if Anye has polearm merits like you do, but since the plan was to mostly solo WAR through FoV and Campaign (due to lack of Aby expansion ad the increasngly low chances at finding regular parties) I figured "might as well give some advise as to how to make the most out of the experience and enjoy WAR's versatility on the weapon department.
Soloing on WAR means you are likely to exp off EMs and Ts at most until you gain access to Retaliation, which grants a much greater survivability when /DNC.
I doubt Anye will ever exp on colibri solo so that pretty much leaves us to other stuff that is not as weak to piercing. And since Anye has PLD lvld that means also sword skill is up there, making the Tungi/Bloodsword a viable choice for the lvl range.
WAR can be very fun if you open up to the various alteratives rather than stick to RR,RR,RR,RR,RR.
That was all I was trying to say.
Have fun!
:D! Thanks Sheelay, I really appreciate your advice! I chose to level WAR to be a little more useful around the ls, but I also still want to enjoy the journey towards 85 at the same time. :)
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-10-08 18:30:24
Link | Quote | Reply

You would enjoy the Journey towards the dark side more. Go on Anye, you know you want to level DRK!
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-10-08 18:31:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Penta spam and RR spam is enjoyable :P I do have axe and sword at 240ish but I had a lot of fun using GA so I never changed. Helps keep it skilled since that's the only weapon you use later on anyway.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-10-08 18:31:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
You would enjoy the Journey towards the dark side more. Go on Anye, you know you want to level DRK!

Lmao
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-10-08 20:35:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
THERE'S A REASON WHY IT'S NOT LEVELED D:

How could these Gallant Gauntleted hands be sullied by touching a Chaosbringer??! D: Blasphemy!
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-10-08 20:49:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Anye said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:

How could these Gallant Gauntleted hands be sullied by touching a Chaosbringer??! D: Blasphemy!
rofl
 Ramuh.Urial
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2010-10-08 20:52:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Anye said:

Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
wait what? is this a serious thread?
Yeah, why ; ;??? I'm really not used to DDing, but... at least tell me how I'm doing it wrong ; ;
Pld isn't a DD.
I know it shocked me too...
/comfort

Edit: The other problem is that you're doing WAR over SAM ;)
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-10-08 20:56:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Urial said:
Ragnarok.Anye said:

Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Yeah, why ; ;??? I'm really not used to DDing, but... at least tell me how I'm doing it wrong ; ;
Pld isn't a DD.
/comfort

TSK >_o; Generally because WAR and PLD share the same gear, generally. (I have a PLD DD set--so sue me!) In the end it'll be sharing the same Perle set and such. I won't be THE BEST WAR, but I'll sure as hell try with my limited time and resources. :3
 Ramuh.Urial
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2010-10-08 20:59:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Anye said:
Ramuh.Urial said:
Ragnarok.Anye said:

Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Pld isn't a DD.
/comfort

TSK >_o; Generally because WAR and PLD share the same gear, generally. (I have a PLD DD set--so sue me!) In the end it'll be sharing the same Perle set and such. I won't be THE BEST WAR, but I'll sure as hell try with my limited time and resources. :3
By that point SAM also uses perle! :D
But nah war is relatively simple to gear fo rthe most part str/attack for ws acc/haste/double attack on tping set.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-10-08 21:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Anye said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:

You could always do this, if you must:

Besides, DRKs come in white these days too!