Sanguine Blade Vs HNM?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Sanguine Blade vs HNM?
Sanguine Blade vs HNM?
 Kujata.Thud
Server: Kujata
Game: FFXI
user: Thud
By Kujata.Thud 2010-10-01 07:59:24
Link | Quote | Reply

How does Sanguine Blade do against big mobs?
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-10-01 08:06:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Thud said:
haven't gotten to test it. MOstly since I'd be rdm/mage in most fihgts like that. But in theory it should do better since most mobs the only thing they have that will lower it will be there int and most don't have alot.

That being said I see this is in the pld forums as such don't bother unless you can get some serious MAB/int buffs (and by that I mean like full furtherance and the better atma ones) and possibly some -magic def help. Unless of course you are fighting something that resist atonement AND all your other ws are doing crap. Cause lack of native MAB and mab/int gear will hurt you alot
 Kujata.Thud
By Kujata.Thud 2010-10-01 08:22:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not looking to invest a ton of time/money (MAB gear is crazy expensive!) into a set, but just something quick and dirty like this...

A set like that with full curor buff + windy atma worth using?

Also, what does -magic do? Wiki doesn't list it as a modifier.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-10-01 08:45:42
Link | Quote | Reply

-magic is basically the opposite of MDT. Probalby not listed because it is probalby -MDB but the few things that inflict it don't stack and come out to nice percentages.

Anyways int is pretty much as important as MAB to get. And you should really gear each slot for the ws. I can make some reccomendations. What race are you? Also I made a thread about the ws it has the exact formula for the ws in it
 Kujata.Thud
By Kujata.Thud 2010-10-01 08:58:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Galka.

Any suggestions would be appreciated! Sadly I left the game for some time and missed the Nyzule Isle climbing frenzy and don't have attonment (and can't seem to get much help getting up there XD), so it would be nice if Sanguine Blade could be an alternative!
 Fenrir.Gradd
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-10-01 09:25:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Thud said:
I'm not looking to invest a ton of time/money (MAB gear is crazy expensive!) into a set, but just something quick and dirty like this...

Complaining about money but using Novio <.<'...
 Kujata.Thud
By Kujata.Thud 2010-10-01 09:30:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Kujata.Thud said:
I'm not looking to invest a ton of time/money (MAB gear is crazy expensive!) into a set, but just something quick and dirty like this... A set like that with full curor buff + windy atma worth using? Also, what does -magic do? Wiki doesn't list it as a modifier.
Complaining about money but using Novio <.<'...

I'll be borrowing that.. sorry, forgot to mention! :)
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-10-01 09:30:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah if anything SB seems to be more of other swd users (blu maybe rdm) answer to atonement. Cause it rocks so much when most swd ws suck so hard against harder targets. Improvements in approximate order of goodness.

Helm: maat's cap

neck: ugg if active, Prudence Torque, Solon Torque

body: Crimson Scale Mail, Corselet

rings: 5/6 int rings of course, spiral nice cause it gives str too. Thought depending on rounding might not be better than 6int ring

back: Federal Army Mantle

waist: Ksi Sash, Desert Rope

feet: Karasutengu Kogake, Shrewd Pumps, Mahant Sandals, Templar Sabatons.

You can fine tune it and figure out how much you will do with stuff from here
 Kujata.Thud
By Kujata.Thud 2010-10-01 09:41:25
Link | Quote | Reply

So is INT > MND then?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-10-01 09:46:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Thud said:
So is INT > MND then?
To put this in perspective ignoring rounding off:
1int~ 2 base dmg
1mnd ~1.17 base dmg
1str ~ .70 base dmg
 Kujata.Thud
By Kujata.Thud 2010-10-01 09:49:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Fantastic! Thanks for your help!

Without Attonment, I think I'll put this set together!
 Fenrir.Gradd
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-10-01 09:53:05
Link | Quote | Reply

That 5 STR/INT ring would be pretty sexy for Sanguine i'd think~ I lost a lot on one today Q.Q
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-10-01 10:09:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
That 5 STR/INT ring would be pretty sexy for Sanguine i'd think~ I lost a lot on one today Q.Q
Yes. Though you'd have to do the math on your stats to make sure the str mod doesn't round down. If it does a 6int ring would be better
 Lakshmi.Galith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Galadriel
By Lakshmi.Galith 2010-10-08 18:54:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Thud said:

In abyssea you have atma that help alot the windy atma is a nice one since it has the 5mp/tick refresh and would boost sanguine damage. My only problem is the utility in what you're trying to make. You gotta keep your goal in focus and i think swapping out your enmity gear for certain pieces is counter productive.

The RK belt, for one, is only going to add 5 or so damage to the setup where you're losing a fair amount of inventory and enmity. The pants too they have a nice boost but you're still losing 4 enmity on a job that's suppose to be tanking something. My advice would be to analyze for yourself what's a good trade off between inventory/damage/enmity. Why carry around an RK belt when the meager damage boost hardly justifies the loss of enmity.

What i ended up doing was leaving in the enmity gear from my atonement set and changing select parts like the ammo, earrings, rings, and back to mab/int pieces. I didn't have very much +enmity in those slots to begin with and the +int/mab I was able to put in was fairly high.

In the end a Paladin's sanguine blade is just not gonna do that much damage it's hard to get it up to the damage of atonement since we lack gear that has those high mab/int boosts. Now a Blu using Sanguine blade.... hehe that's just fun.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Thedreamer
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Thedreamer 2010-10-08 18:58:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Funny how actually no one answered the question...

Question was if someone TRIED and HOW MUCH, so wtf u talkin about sets alrdy...posts ss or numbers thanks lol
 Lakshmi.Galith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Galadriel
By Lakshmi.Galith 2010-10-08 19:08:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Thedreamer said:
Funny how actually no one answered to the question...

Question was if someone TRIED and HOW MUCH, so wtf u talkin about sets alrdy...posts ss or numbers thanks lol

I don't really feel like getting on pld to take a screen shot but even in abyssea with int/mab atma it would still do less than a full enmity atonement. It can however get pretty close if you forgo tanking atmas and go with Minikin/beyond which really wont help you hold hate in any way shape or form. An interesting thing to note tho is while in abyssea you can come across the mab temp item which helps a lot.

I'd say you're looking at around 350-500 damage outside abyssea and 550-850 inside abyssea.

::Edit::

Another thing I forgot to mention is that this is like a magic spell and will always do a certain amount of damage. It is useful on HNMs however you have to realize the resist rate is going to go up depending on magic resistances and such. It also means when you do get resisted it's going to be divided like magic spells.

It's definitely worth a spot on your PLD macros especially since it's probably the 2nd highest damage WS we have. it's especially useful when mobs reset hate.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-10-08 19:12:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

That's funny, I don't see him asking "has anyone tried Sanguine Blade ..." or "how much damage does your Sanguine Blade do?"; he is asking in general and has apparently appreciated the answers thus far...
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-10-08 20:15:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Quote:

That's funny, I don't see him asking "has anyone tried Sanguine Blade ..." or "how much damage does your Sanguine Blade do?"; he is asking in general and has apparently appreciated the answers thus far...

^