Doing The Impossible...

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Carbuncle » Doing the impossible...
Doing the impossible...
 Leviathan.Anbu
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Anbu 2010-09-26 23:28:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Odin.Kalico said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Odin.Kalico said:

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
yes

no one wants to spend 6 hours a week for a chance at obsolete or soon to be obsolete gear and it's the server's fault

there are two pieces of gear that are worth major effort and that's hat and th4 hands

and you've got one of the two locked

not the servers fault you're just offering poor terms

Dam you sound so butt hurt lol

yes i'm so totally butthurt over this whole matter i don't even know what to do

Well you can start by keeping your fingers out your *** 0.0

but it feels so right

Take the atari joystick out your *** and stop botting... just sayiin ~.`
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-09-26 23:29:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Anbu said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Odin.Kalico said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Odin.Kalico said:

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
yes

no one wants to spend 6 hours a week for a chance at obsolete or soon to be obsolete gear and it's the server's fault

there are two pieces of gear that are worth major effort and that's hat and th4 hands

and you've got one of the two locked

not the servers fault you're just offering poor terms

Dam you sound so butt hurt lol

yes i'm so totally butthurt over this whole matter i don't even know what to do

Well you can start by keeping your fingers out your *** 0.0

but it feels so right

Take the atari joystick out your *** and stop botting... just sayiin ~.`

neither of these sound like good suggestions to me

specially when i can wiggle around a little and get that prostate massage

[+]
 Leviathan.Anbu
By Leviathan.Anbu 2010-09-26 23:36:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-09-26 23:38:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Anbu said:

i'm...

honestly not quite sure of the point you're trying to make here...

are you rl carding and trying to say that i live in my mom's basement

or did your mind go butt>poop>lol i'll post this youtube link

or did you just think it was a funny video

By KarahCarby 2010-09-26 23:39:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I love how out of hand these get for no apparent reason, but I appreciate the laughs.

No one on carby can pull their head out of their *** long enough to navigate a dynamis anyway, don't know what I was thinking.

I don't need the hat to be better than 99% of the servers rdms and i couldnt give a ***less if im not as good as the few I know that're better than me.

So sev, don't waste your time posting, and no one else will either. It's not going to happen. I'd rather drop the money than give people on carby free gear.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-09-26 23:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

KarahCarby said:

No one on carby can pull their head out of their *** long enough to navigate a dynamis anyway, don't know what I was thinking.

I don't need the hat to be better than 99% of the servers rdms and i couldnt give a ***less if im not as good as the few I know that're better than me.

and yet you want 18 people for dyna tav

interesting
 Alexander.Xgalahadx
Server: Alexander
user: xgalahadx
By Alexander.Xgalahadx 2010-09-26 23:48:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry when i saw the title all i could think was.

Doing the impossible,
seeing the invisible,
touching the untouchable,
breaking the unbreakable.
Row Row Fight the Powah!

I need to stop watching so much anime. : :
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-09-26 23:53:33
Link | Quote | Reply

KarahCarby said:

So sev, don't waste your time posting, and no one else will either. It's not going to happen. I'd rather drop the money than give people on carby free gear.

and i so had my heart set on finally getting my warrior's lorica :(
By KarahCarby 2010-09-27 06:24:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

On a side note, i'd pay the 500k for that pos, just to get the 5 inventory back for lolwarrelic
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-09-27 06:32:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said:
"I'm going to start a shell dedicated to me getting what I want."

Hmmm, good luck.

Oh, and 'Jap' is a derogatory term. No wonder the JP player base doesn't like NA players.

Lies, They hate us cause of the horrible nuke and the fact we're not Japanese.

They hate us because they can, I'm nothing but friendly and i can't even get them to team up for Magian Trials ;;

Edit: Or to be quite frank they hate us because we're "Foreigners", they don't need any other reason <.<

(Most of them: Not all)
 Asura.Daleterrence
Server: Asura
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-09-27 06:52:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said:
Fairy.Spence said:
"I'm going to start a shell dedicated to me getting what I want."

Hmmm, good luck.

Oh, and 'Jap' is a derogatory term. No wonder the JP player base doesn't like NA players.

Lies, They hate us cause of the horrible nuke and the fact we're not Japanese.

They hate us because they can, I'm nothing but friendly and i can't even get them to team up for Magian Trials ;;

Edit: Or to be quite frank they hate us because we're "Foreigners", they don't need any other reason <.<

(Most of them: Not all)

I dunno, I never had any issue with Japanese players whilst I was playing... Maybe once, but that guy was a douche, you'll get them no matter what country or language.
[+]
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-09-27 07:02:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Tav-sliver is awesome to have for no reason too lol.

You say that now, next update there will be a rly good atma that will require tav sliver to obtain like the other atma that require ASA completion etc.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-09-27 10:34:03
Link | Quote | Reply

KarahCarby said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

On a side note, i'd pay the 500k for that pos, just to get the 5 inventory back for lolwarrelic

why would i have the other pieces lol
 Siren.Kuz
Server: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2010-09-27 10:55:29
Link | Quote | Reply

KarahCarby said:
I love how out of hand these get for no apparent reason, but I appreciate the laughs.

"If they won't join/help me... I shall insult the entire server"
Sorry, I LOL'd

Caitsith.Zefiris
Server: Caitsith
user: Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-09-27 11:06:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I was next in line for it and I quit, then the next day it dropped. :O
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-09-27 11:12:50
Link | Quote | Reply

You'd pay 500k for the 5 inventory back when you get a warrior's lorica? Just *** toss the entire set.

After this last update, I tossed like 30 pieces of dynamis gear that I was keeping to store the set. The ***is garbage now. You can't get people to join a shell for content that is obsolete and gear that is nothing more than complete and utter ***.

Here's how you handle this situation. Quad box, and do dynamis with yourself, yourself, yourself, and yourself.

Dynamis is a *** joke.
[+]
 Leviathan.Anbu
By Leviathan.Anbu 2010-09-27 11:23:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
You'd pay 500k for the 5 inventory back when you get a warrior's lorica? Just *** toss the entire set.

After this last update, I tossed like 30 pieces of dynamis gear that I was keeping to store the set. The ***is garbage now. You can't get people to join a shell for content that is obsolete and gear that is nothing more than complete and utter ***.

Here's how you handle this situation. Quad box, and do dynamis with yourself, yourself, yourself, and yourself.

Dynamis is a *** joke.

Right just go out and buy 3 more systems and quad box...lmao
Actually you can just wait till December and you'll be able to 5 man it I'm sure you'll get 5 people. Dyna is for Relic weapons only at this point.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-09-27 11:27:35
Link | Quote | Reply

You can quad box on the PC. You don't need 4 systems. I guess not everyone has 3 fishing mules like I do, but yeah you can always find 3 friends and split currency with them.

Definitely only for upgrading relics at this point.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-09-27 14:58:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aurilius said:

Dynamis is a *** joke.

this is the most hilarious part to me too

dude says he's a boss on rdm

and his solution to getting his hat is to get 18 85+'s together to do 75 content

when anyone worth a ***would get 2-3 friends together and farm xarc for it
 Siren.Spiritblade
Server: Siren
By Siren.Spiritblade 2010-09-27 15:02:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Change servers join a ls that does Dynamis. Done.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-09-27 15:05:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Spiritblade said:

if you have a group of friends and enough gil for glasses

i think joining a full fledged dyna ls over one piece is kinda overkill

i also think that the majority of dyna lses don't have a very bright future at this point, and it's not worth a server change over an ls that is quite likely to die
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-09-27 15:07:00
Link | Quote | Reply

there are some, not many Afv2 pieces I would not mind having still (RDM hat here's looking at you)~ however, I macro in so many pieces its stupid :> but you can low man dynamis xarc so grab some friends, instead of /raging on the forum because 18 people do not want currency that is very slow selling now or the other pieces =/ And war's lorica lold when you said you would pay 500k for it. last dyn Tav I went too 5 dropped .-.

Noone wanted the damn thing >=o
 Leviathan.Celestinia
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2010-09-27 15:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Siren.Spiritblade said:

i also think that the majority of dyna lses don't have a very bright future at this point, and it's not worth a server change over an ls that is quite likely to die

Totaly agree.

From what i've seen the few good dyna ls's left sell the only good items left for a few mil, probably better off farming gil and buying than joining a ls at this point.

RDM,BLM,DD,THF and either farm abyssea for gil to buy or have a go at xarc etc. Just getting ~10 people for any old content is a issue now, I had to disband my sky ls the day AF3 came out lol tells came in from ppl who didn't see the point anymore.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-09-27 15:34:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celestinia said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Siren.Spiritblade said:

Totaly agree.

From what i've seen the few good dyna ls's left sell the only good items left for a few mil, probably better off farming gil and buying than joining a ls at this point.

RDM,BLM,DD,THF and either farm abyssea for gil to buy or have a go at xarc etc. Just getting ~10 people for any old content is a issue now, I had to disband my sky ls the day AF3 came out lol tells came in from ppl who didn't see the point anymore.

why not just change it to an abyssea ls?
 Leviathan.Celestinia
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2010-09-27 15:38:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Siren.Spiritblade said:

Totaly agree.

why not just change it to an abyssea ls?

I had just started work and had no personal interest in the new content lol others had already set about making thier own abyssea ls's. I still miss leading sky was good times.
 Leviathan.Anbu
By Leviathan.Anbu 2010-09-27 15:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Siren.Spiritblade said:

Totaly agree.

the ancient stuff like sky dyna sea are stuff you do with a few friends or your social. only old stuff worth doing is maybe limbus salvage and Einherjar and this again is done with 10 or less at this point only thing you need a LS for now is Abyssea lol.
By KarahCarby 2010-09-27 17:52:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok theres a couplet higns you fail to realize here, I know you think you're cool arguing on the internet, no comment, you know better.

Yeah I can go solo dyna-xarc and kill some ***, but its simple math, i take 18 i kill a hell of a lot more than if i take 6, or are you to HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE to grasp simple math?

Armor drops are what, 1% of 1%? and if i manage to kill 50 solo, or even 100 with 6, id kill 4x that (roughly) with the 18 i would've liked to take, jesus christ guys. are you that dumb?

Regardless, changed my mind, it sounded like a good idea, get a few people who still want the old gear, and get it, along with my hat, and make a few people some loot. No one wants to, so piss on it.

That's the long and short of it.
By Flionheart 2010-09-27 17:59:57
Link | Quote | Reply

You know what, I was coming into this topic to troll the OP for his awful idea, then I realised how much this thread has already been destroyed.

GJ.
[+]
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-09-27 18:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply

KarahCarby said:
Ok theres a couplet higns you fail to realize here, I know you think you're cool arguing on the internet, no comment, you know better.

Yeah I can go solo dyna-xarc and kill some ***, but its simple math, i take 18 i kill a hell of a lot more than if i take 6, or are you to HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE to grasp simple math?

Armor drops are what, 1% of 1%? and if i manage to kill 50 solo, or even 100 with 6, id kill 4x that (roughly) with the 18 i would've liked to take, jesus christ guys. are you that dumb?

Regardless, changed my mind, it sounded like a good idea, get a few people who still want the old gear, and get it, along with my hat, and make a few people some loot. No one wants to, so piss on it.

That's the long and short of it.
umad? Some of us were not arguing with you, and to get so angry that you need to resort to name calling, only proves you may not be the best leader that your fellow server mates might want to follow.

Most established shells do not see 18 members period for Dynamis anymore, so it is not unrealistic to consider that you may not get 18 people who have advanced to tavnazia access to follow someone blindly to have no potential gain. (IE Currency not selling, etc).(Please remember that MOST do not have tavnazia access even, and those who do, will most likely have moved on to afv3.)

Also with one of the few still sought after pieces locked, you offer them barely any incentive whatsoever. I believe some of us were merely throwing you out some alternatives to doing a 18 man run, so you could try to complete your goal.

So in response to your question, am I that dumb? Well, if meaning Would I give up a poorly thought out 18 man Tavnazia run that obviously is not going to happen, and try to put together a lower manned Xarc run to attempt to still get my hat, yes I am indeed that dumb.

Good luck to you.
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-09-27 18:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm cool on the internet!!
[+]