Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » WS 10% sumeru+1 vs. STR/ATK path Atlas+1
WS 10% sumeru+1 vs. STR/ATK path Atlas+1
By Hoenhiem 2010-09-15 13:53:17
Link | Quote | Reply

i just recently started up playing my war again and trying to get some feedback from people that have already done either of these trials. I am currently using kitty GA and looking to upgrade to something "better". any suggestions would be great
 Asura.Cohan
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: tyson8t7
By Asura.Cohan 2010-09-15 13:59:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Personnally i did the store tp sumeru cos i don't have a rose strap atm and its a easy way to get a 6-hit without wearing askar body.

Vermeil bhuj is also a good gaxe if you can find people to kill the NM to get it.
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-09-15 14:05:17
Link | Quote | Reply

How much StoreTP do you need to get 5 hit with War/Sam? If you can break into a 5hit without using completely HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE gear then do that..If not do the WS Dmg+10%

Just FYI I am working on the StoreTP polearm for Drg and 800 WS x2 is awful and I would imagine doing them on War would suck even more..GL with whatever you pick both are MILES better than Kitty GA.

OHyeah! Verm Bhuj was the best for a short time...think there are better GA now..but V.Bhuj is wicked easy to get and is a great GA/stepping stone til you finish trial.
By Hoenhiem 2010-09-15 14:08:25
Link | Quote | Reply

well i guess im not really worried about STP since i have a rose strap/rajas/askar body/brutal earing and most of the time i go to events/abyssea as /sam. i really never solo on my war since i have rdm and thf so yea... i know the vermeil bhuj is still a great GA as of now but you know with future trial of the magians its gonna get outdated eventually.
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-09-15 16:13:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Hoenhiem said:
well i guess im not really worried about STP since i have a rose strap/rajas/askar body/brutal earing and most of the time i go to events/abyssea as /sam. i really never solo on my war since i have rdm and thf so yea... i know the vermeil bhuj is still a great GA as of now but you know with future trial of the magians its gonna get outdated eventually.
It might already be outdate by a little..but you said you were looking for something better..Verm.Bhuj is certainly loads better. I don't know how much you play but doing 100, 200, 300, 800, 800 ws takes a long *** time and you can get a baller GA in oh say 30 min with 4~5ppl..it will be slightly lower than a fully upgraded Sumeru+1. Both are going to be off the charts better than what you are using now..so you pick 30 min > hours and hours and hours and hours and probably days and days.

And the smart person would say to just get both.
By Hoenhiem 2010-09-15 22:21:55
Link | Quote | Reply

yea true Vermiel bhuj is obviously gonna be better than my kitty axe. but still wanna know if working on those trials which is gonna out-wiegh for overall damage, 10 percent WS damage bonus or +8 str +22 ATK

now obviously the atlas path is gonna have a higher DPS for melee

and the sumero with 10 percent more "garuenteed" WS damage. is that gonna be supperior to the atlas+1 or not is my general question

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Randomguy 2010-09-16 20:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Lancaster said:
Atlas should beat Sumeru+1(WS+10%) as long as you can 6-hit it /SAM. If you have to /NIN, Atlas 7-hit beats other 7-hits, but Sumeru+1(sTP) 6-hit should win.
Yeah, but doing the Sumeru+1 of either kind is much easier to do than the Atlas series.
By Hoenhiem 2010-09-17 09:55:15
Link | Quote | Reply

yea thats kinda what i was looking at as well. sumeru looks ohh so much more easier than atlas.

when i saw wammy's for the atlas trial i just went "/epicsigh"

so as of right now think im just gonna go for the sumeru+1 for WS damage and occasionally work on a Atlas here and there when i get some time. So thanks to all who gave some feedback

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Gradd
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-09-18 01:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

You would need some HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE gear just to push this thing into a 5-hit, would make it not even worth using.

You can 6-hit the 10% WS damage Fairly easily, the same way a Bravura WAR would do it.

Didnt add the newer gear to the gear set, but ideally this is how you would 6-hit the weapon. Belenos mantle would be better than the White Tat aswell, not sure how hard that NM is though, just know its a Tonberry and those suck. Could also use like Attila's Earring and Ecphoria ring for the last extra 2 STP you need instead of white tat or belenos.
By Hoenhiem 2010-09-18 11:16:34
Link | Quote | Reply

@ lancaster. i said up above that i am about 80% of the time /sam so not worried at all about being able to get a 6-7 hit as /nin.

but as far as my trial is going so far i got the 100 "iron tempest" and 200 "Sturmwind" out of the way in about 3 hours. and i tested it out with the sumeru (not using retaliation for testing purposes) i was mostly getting a 6 hit easily with my TP/sTP gear occasionally the 7 hit due to the fact that its impossibe to have 100% acc even at 330 skill <.<

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Deboro
Server: Phoenix
user: Deboro
By Phoenix.Deboro 2010-09-29 12:56:55
Link | Quote | Reply

The lower delay on the Atlas or WsDmg+ would make both inferior to Vermiel Bhuj when /sam. Cant see why you would do either when Vermiel is so easy to get.