Forum » FFXIV » Media » FFXIV Theme - Answers
FFXIV Theme - Answers
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-09-09 15:38:27
Link | Quote | Reply

(Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW-dfDTruMQ)

Taken from FFXIVcore.com forums (not accurate; just a "fan translation"):
Konradffxiv said:
I close my eyes, tell us why must we suffer
Release your hands for your will runs asunder
My legs long tired, tell us where must we wander
How can we carry on with redemptions beyond us

To all of my children in whom life flows abundant
To all of my children to whom death hath passed his judgment
The soul yearns for honor and the flesh the hereafter
Look to those who walked before to lead those who walk after

Shining is the land's light of justice
Ever flows the land's well of purpose
Walk free, walk free, walk free, believe,
The land's alive, so believe

Suffer [feel] (me) Lonely [face] (me) Weakness [teach] (me) Evil [Fear] (me)
although[feel] (me) one must [face] (me) stumble [teach] (me) listen [speak] (me)
(Although we) [speak] we (might) [tell] them (we must) [tell] them (land of) [hope] hope
(Mother) [hope] hope (father) [wish] wish (every) [wish] wish(has a) [roam] home
(we must go) [roam] go (listen) [roam] go (suffer) [roam] home (sanctum) [swim] leap ---unsure
(And as) [speak] we (wander) [sleep] sleep (answer) [sleep on] sleep on (on) --- unsure

Now open your eyes while our plight is repeated
Still deaf to our cries lost in hope we lie defeated
Our souls have been torn and our bodies forsaken
Bearing sins of the past for our future is taken

War, born of strife these trials dissuade us not
Words without sound these lies betray our thoughts
Mired by your plague of doubt, the land she thorns
Judgment binds all we hope to a memory of scorn
Tell us why, given life, we are meant to die? help us in our cry!

witness suffer grumble(grovel?) reason
follow struggle wander listen
whisper shoulder addle weather
answer answer answer together

My life is a riddle to bear rapture and sorrow
To listen to suffer to entrust unto tomorrow
In one fleeting moment from the land doth life flow
Yet in one fleeting moment for the new leaf doth grow
In the same fleeting moment thou must live, die and know

If you listen closely and examine it the song very obviously points a direct lore and still unknown mysteries hmmm.

It starts off in a prayer, people are praying for the strength to continue their journey. This holds true to the lore of the Twelve.

When Susan Calloway comes in she almost seems to be the Gods reply, her ultimate answer to their questions is to "look to those who walked before to lead those who walk after" A very identifiable aspect of any mmo especially community driven ones. She continues on to emphasize the beauty of the land and the importance of our 'walking free' probably to point towards the ability to act as an individual in the game rather than a member of a certain class of people.

The chorus says a whole lot and my best guess since the snippets of words are so vague, is that it could easily point to storyline. The feelings and characteristic words could point to characters, also there is a constant utterance of we and me, so back to the community and live mmo element. Back to the twelve with words resembling prayers 'hope' and 'wish' I still can't place sleep, but that might be important in the latter storyline... hmmm maybe something... or someone is asleep....

In the next verse it appears the Susan has assumed another role, as she appears to be one of the praying, so this confuses me as to weather she was the gods originally responding or some sort of middle man between them, priest of sorts =/
In any case, she begins by intensifying the original grief the praying men were feeling. After that she sings adamantly about how she/they will persevere "these trials dissuade us not" she continues to mount her grief and then explodes demanding answers "Tell us why, given life, we are meant to die? help us in our cry!"

In the next chorus towards the end she continues to demand 'answer' however if you listen tot he backup vocals in at the same time you get a different effect 'we (answer) we (answer) we (answer) together' It's almost like they figured out that they answer each other together.

Now it's looking like the first words were the Gods, but somehow the people could not hear them, and so they ended up figuring it out by themselves.

And the end she comes back as the Gods again and sums up the entire journey of life blahblahblah the meaning of the "Eorzea" universe? who knows! art is cool like that.

Is anyone else totally in love with this song??? Nobuoooo <3333
By Flionheart 2010-09-09 15:47:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I love it. This is up there with Melodies of life and Eyes on Me, easily.
[+]
By Flionheart 2010-09-09 15:50:29
Link | Quote | Reply

in fact it makes me so excited for the lore of XIV, I'm having a conversation about it now atm.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
Server: Bahamut
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-09-09 15:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Im trying to trade my laptop for a desktop so I can get a decent card and play 14 I only played 3 days of open beta and i'm hooked. So hot. Love this game. Now they need to add Ninja to the Diciples of war and i'll sell my soul.
By Flionheart 2010-09-09 15:52:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Melodies of life was beautiful, I listened to the english version of it and it was really good. Not official, but Kate the Great's rendition of rose of may was one of my favourite all time songs.
By Flionheart 2010-09-09 15:53:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Im trying to trade my laptop for a desktop so I can get a decent card and play 14 I only played 3 days of open beta and i'm hooked. So hot. Love this game. Now they need to add Ninja to the Diciples of war and i'll sell my soul.

It's likely they will, the amount of possible jobs is literally staggering.

The potential is one of the things that excites me so much for XIV.

Whip anyone ;)
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-09-09 15:56:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Melodies of life was beautiful, I listened to the english version of it and it was really good. Not official, but Kate the Great's rendition of rose of may was one of my favourite all time songs.
I'm just so overwhelmed by the amount of epic, great songs from Final Fantasy that it's honestly hard for me to pick a favorite.

However~ Promised Land is definitely one of the songs that strikes me with the sheer force of awe.

Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-09-09 15:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:

I agree, 9 has some great music. She should work with Square on some songs, I don't like the accent with some of their Japanese singers when they sing in English. It's pretty awkward sometimes.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
Server: Bahamut
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-09-09 15:58:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
It's likely they will, the amount of possible jobs is literally staggering. The potential is one of the things that excites me so much for XIV. Whip anyone ;)

I'm Kaioshin Shadow on the beta and would love to keep my character and name in the full release. Hoping to get this all fixed by end of the month so I can play with you all.

On Trabia server btw ;)
 Kujata.Erim
Server: Kujata
user: Erim
By Kujata.Erim 2010-09-09 15:58:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kaioshin said:

Try Pugilist. They have a lot of enmity building abilities and focus on evasion and crippling their enemy. Very Ninja like with some skills from Monk and Thief as well. A strange collaboration of abilities but they make very excellent tanks.
By Flionheart 2010-09-09 15:59:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Anye said:
Flionheart said:
I'm just so overwhelmed by the amount of epic, great songs from Final Fantasy that it's honestly hard for me to pick a favorite.

However~ Promised Land is definitely one of the songs that strikes me with the sheer force of awe.

Favourite all time FF song is a hard choice.

this is definitely one of my favourite songs... I know this is a remake but I couldn't find any good originals

Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-09-09 16:05:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Flionheart said:

I agree, 9 has some great music. She should work with Square on some songs, I don't like the accent with some of their Japanese singers when they sing in English. It's pretty awkward sometimes.
Distant Worlds? I like the song because it was epic finally finishing CoP at the time.
 Ramuh.Urial
Server: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2010-09-09 16:09:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Anye said:
Flionheart said:

I do loveeeeee promised land but also

and

Asura.Alymorel
Server: Asura
user: Alimorel
By Asura.Alymorel 2010-09-09 16:12:18
Link | Quote | Reply

That is all... <333
By Flionheart 2010-09-09 16:12:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Dancing Mad was probably the best boss battle theme.
[+]