RNG/NIN Weapons?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » RNG/NIN Weapons?
RNG/NIN Weapons?
 Asura.Patriclis
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2010-09-04 16:57:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wondering, for a RNG/NIN is fransisca + Kriegsbeil still the accepted RNG/NIN weapon set or is there something better now?
 Unicorn.Brock
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Brock 2010-09-04 17:03:27
Link | Quote | Reply

They are still great weapons but quite honestly I can't remember the last time I /NIN and dual wielded. If you are leveling below 70 then sure, /NIN but /SAM toward the upper wrung of the ladder is where its at nowadays. I'm working toward a Mekki Shakki atm but for now I use Vulcan's/Rstrap. /SAM with Siege Bow, Rajas, Skadi's, Brutal, and Rstrap gets you a 5hit. Definitely /SAM Lv70+.
 Unicorn.Brock
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Brock 2010-09-04 17:04:57
Link | Quote | Reply

added note: /NIN is situational I suppose. The last time I did /NIN was on Chukwa actually. But that's it. I can't really recall a time before that.

Some other options:
Abyssea - La Thein
Nguul (Dagger)
 Quetzalcoatl.Experimentalroe
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Roel
By Quetzalcoatl.Experimentalroe 2010-09-04 17:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

try to work on your 6-hits...ppl will suggest Mekki Shakki + Rose Strap /WAR or /NIN and Vulcan Staff and Axe Grip /SAM
 Sylph.Kaiye
Server: Sylph
user: Kaiye
By Sylph.Kaiye 2010-09-04 17:11:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Good weapons, but at 80 you will most likely be using /sam sub a lot. While the extra acc is nice, with the right setup it's not really needed. I full time Vulcan's even when I have to nin sub, which is very rare now.
[+]
 Asura.Patriclis
Server: Asura
user: Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2010-09-04 17:16:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah i know /sam and /war are more often used, and i've even heard of /drg (for kiting fights, using high jump to shed hate). but for the times when i am /nin or am dual wielding just wanted to know the best combination. I like to cover all possible angles when i can.
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-09-04 17:20:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Patriclis said:
Yeah i know /sam and /war are more often used, and i've even heard of /drg (for kiting fights, using high jump to shed hate). but for the times when i am /nin or am dual wielding just wanted to know the best combination. I like to cover all possible angles when i can.

to be honest even if i dual wield i use vulcans staff and a strap

Eat pot de feu+1

~ I don't have skadis yet and or mekkishekki ( i wish =/)

but im not a rng main (im a whm ho ~.~)

RNG is 80 and I do majority of the time have to /sam for events if i do come rng they really dont ask for nin for anythign anymore

but i would say that axe combo is still a decent combo (if thats what u wanted to know)

Quetzalcoatl.Experimentalroe
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Roel
By Quetzalcoatl.Experimentalroe 2010-09-04 17:24:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone got their own way to gear their RNG and most ive seen are pretty decent...im not gonna say Dual Wield Axes arent wrong but you can get more with Vulcan+Axe Grip. Just cover your bases tho and atleast try for 6-hits now that few new gear which can give you that.

Option without Mekki Shakki/Rose Strap:
Praeda Set = STP+8
Full Aurore Set (Looks *** *** pink tho) = STP+8
Skadi Legs = STP+7
Loki's Kaftan = STP+7