Bismarck.Magnumatic
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Magnumatic 2010-09-02 16:20:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Seriously though, if you ask a question like this, you should at least put a little thought into it. Maybe saying something along the lines of "I was thinking x for y reason, would this be good or should I do something else?". Warrior's merits arn't something to keep you up at night. 5/5 STR 8/8 Great Axe 5/5 Berserk 5/5 Aggressor - 5/5 Warrior's Charge ?/5 Tomahawk (at least unlock it) ?/? whatever else
Being 100% serious you need to have Double attack to at least 4 and probably 5.
Pretty sure it's been mathed as the more DA+ the less gain you get from it. Unlike Haste where more is better.

100% Double Attack = 100% Haste
 Shiva.Daimos
Server: Shiva
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-09-02 16:21:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Lynxblade said:
i would do double attack all the way first, thats always good >_>. and then warriors charge, if it effects ws's, idk if it does though, and then tomahawk so i can say....

YOUVE BEEN TOMAHAWKED <t>!!!!!

(couldnt find a picture of that from family guy, heading to google image hunt forum) >_>
Warrior's Charge definitely DOES affect WS's.
[+]
By Lynxblade 2010-09-02 16:21:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Daimos said:
Lynxblade said:
i would do double attack all the way first, thats always good >_>. and then warriors charge, if it effects ws's, idk if it does though, and then tomahawk so i can say.... YOUVE BEEN TOMAHAWKED <t>!!!!! (couldnt find a picture of that from family guy, heading to google image hunt forum) >_>
cool
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-09-02 16:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Magnumatic said:
I lol'd ;)
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnumatic
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnumatic 2010-09-02 16:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Seriously though, if you ask a question like this, you should at least put a little thought into it. Maybe saying something along the lines of "I was thinking x for y reason, would this be good or should I do something else?". Warrior's merits arn't something to keep you up at night. 5/5 STR 8/8 Great Axe 5/5 Berserk 5/5 Aggressor - 5/5 Warrior's Charge ?/5 Tomahawk (at least unlock it) ?/? whatever else
Being 100% serious you need to have Double attack to at least 4 and probably 5.
Pretty sure it's been mathed as the more DA+ the less gain you get from it. Unlike Haste where more is better.

The only difference is that the 100% DA will make damn sure that your WS Procs a DA.. 100% Haste will only shorten the animation time ._~
[+]
 Shiva.Daimos
Server: Shiva
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-09-02 16:29:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Lynxblade said:
Shiva.Daimos said:
Lynxblade said:
i would do double attack all the way first, thats always good >_>. and then warriors charge, if it effects ws's, idk if it does though, and then tomahawk so i can say.... YOUVE BEEN TOMAHAWKED <t>!!!!! (couldnt find a picture of that from family guy, heading to google image hunt forum) >_>
cool

5-hit RR/KJ's are sex~
WC just makes it happen more often.
 Titan.Gaiarorshack
Server: Titan
user: MiavPigen
By Titan.Gaiarorshack 2010-09-03 06:43:24
Link | Quote | Reply

You sir fail at math

100% = infinte DA

Haste is a reduction of the time not and increase of you speed
100% reduction of time = an infinte increase of you speed.

Thats why each extra % haste is stronger in effect than the previous and DA has less an effect than the previous

Ord did i miss the joke ?

edit: apparently it was... im ashamed -.-
 Leviathan.Dissonant
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Dissonant 2010-09-03 06:53:35
Link | Quote | Reply

The only difference is that the 100% DA will make damn sure that your WS Procs a DA.. 100% Haste will only shorten the animation time ._~
trolololololololol
 Ragnarok.Cybin
Server: Ragnarok
user: Cybin
By Ragnarok.Cybin 2010-09-10 02:50:45
Link | Quote | Reply

5/5 Berserk
5/5 Double Attack

5/5 Warrior's Charge
4/5 Savagery
1/5 Tomahawk

Double Attack may have diminishing returns but with 5/5 merits it makes it easy to hit the 25% mark which is 1 in 4 hits for those that may be a little slow. After that its not worth stacking any double attack unless you can hit a 33% which would make it 1 in 3 hits but that would take:

10% Trait
5% Merit
5% Brutal
2% Pole Grip
4% AF3 legs
2% Askar body
1% Aesir Mantle
4% AF3 Head

Also the AF3 set increases double attack which we are yet unsure of by how much or even if the 3 pieces out give that bonus or if we have to wait for the last 2 pieces to come out in December. This may be worth looking into if you like to crunch numbers I only see a 5% haste loss from the change in head piece.
 Titan.Gaiarorshack
Server: Titan
user: MiavPigen
By Titan.Gaiarorshack 2010-09-10 04:34:01
Link | Quote | Reply

@Ragnarok.Cybin

huh ? you make it sound like the graph for improvements is in steps but its not.

to my knowledge its not like store tp where you have to hit certain step to get a maximum benefit.
You don have to hit a whole divisor.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-09-10 04:45:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Cybin said:
After that its not worth stacking any double attack unless you can hit a 33% which would make it 1 in 3 hits

Wrong. There is no magic number where DA becomes useless, +1% DA regardless of your current DA value is still an enhancement to your DPS, albeit .01 less than the previous increase. It's just sacrificing Haste for DA is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, if you're not doing that then by all means add more DA.