After getting a bit help with my gear setup from
here:
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/13061/advice-on-easy-attainable-ws-gear/
and here:
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/13239/advice-on-easy-attainable-tp-gear/

i Ended at this setup:

TP:

WS (still missing my MKD head:

I tried testing around with SC and RR to see the improvement on WS gorgets. and in my (way to small for scientific measurements) sample array, it looked like SC deal more dmg on average then RR.

Also i read around on the forums regarding the gorgets, and what i have read seams to indicate that the fTP improvements is only on first hit, so gorgets themselves would favour SC

And since i can skill chain lv3 with BF when he is on THF. should i maybe move to Steel cyclone instead ?
or was it just simple fluctuation in my samples?

-- edit --
forgot som basis info
race:mithra
Soon fully merrited in Gaxe and STR

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-27 04:27:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Stop using Fourth Toporok.

RR should beat SC for the most part, though you lack some basic gear that really puts oomph behind it. Haidate in particular would be very helpful and are easy to get these days.

If anything, your race should favor RR and not SC...

EDIT: Target mob and food/buffs may have played a part as well. If you're eating meat when you should be popping pizzas, your RRs will be lackluster due to reduced hitrate while Steel Cyclone will be largely unaffected since the first hit of a WS receives a large acc boost.
[+]
 Titan.Gaiarorshack
Server: Titan
user: MiavPigen
By Titan.Gaiarorshack 2010-08-27 04:39:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Stop using Fourth Toporok.
you have any advice in something easy attainable?
so far im working on my magiaan trial axe

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

RR should beat SC for the most part, though you lack some basic gear that really puts oomph behind it. Haidate in particular would be very helpful and are easy to get these days.
Its on my list to get

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

EDIT: Target mob and food/buffs may have played a part as well. If you're eating meat when you should be popping pizzas, your RRs will be lackluster due to reduced hitrate while Steel Cyclone will be largely unaffected since the first hit of a WS receives a large acc boost.

It was done without food as my acc was pretty much cap'ed
and it was just a quick test

Regarding the acc boost on first strike of a ws.
do you have in info/links on this ?
Cause that would bet the factors I'm missing in understanding why multihits should have more acc than singlehits ws. (from a pure math perspective there is no difference without an external factor)
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-08-27 09:57:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Until your Trial Axe is done I'd say pick up a Martial Bhuj, I'd normally suggest Byakko's/Berserker's but since your working on a trial weapon and your GAXE is 88DMG anyways. You mind as well get a TP bonus for now. The difference between Steel Cyclone and Raging Rush with your current set up might be surprising. Also buffs are a factor though.

I'd say your missing a lot of Raging Rush stuff at the moment. Heca Hands/Feet and Byakkos Haidate do wonder for your Criticals/Acc/Aamage for the slots that they are.

Am I leading him astray here by saying use Steel Cyclone/Martial Bhuj until he can improve and get some RR/KJ Gear and a Good Weapon for it?
By Randomguy 2010-08-27 10:15:38
Link | Quote | Reply

RR for Buffed up Non-Restraint low def mobs.

KJ for Buffed up Restraint low/mid def mobs.

SC 300% TP only for Buffed up Restraint Warrior's Charge low/mid/high def mobs.

I did like 2k SC on an abyssia mob the other day, too bad I can't find the SS for it, there is no abyssia-Tah folder in my SS file -.-
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-08-27 10:25:26
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're using WSs a lot (which you should) then I wouldn't use Restraint. It's pretty worthless unless you've saved up a lot of hits on it (about 2-3x 300% tp really). Limiting your crits and not WSing will produce less damage than having crits and WSing when you get 100%.
 Titan.Gaiarorshack
By Titan.Gaiarorshack 2010-08-28 04:49:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Well ima keep on using RR then. as i can self skill chain on them with /sam.

i just need to find some dedicated people to get skygods running so i can get my kitty pants. on the same occasion ima get byakkos axe to replace my fourth toporok. i calculated that with that axe i might WS around 3secs faster (7hit build on /nin instead of 8hit build)

And on short notice. I think my BF will get annoyed if you keep calling me "a him" lol.

Well thank you for all the help so far..
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-08-28 05:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Gaiarorshack said:
Well ima keep on using RR then. as i can self skill chain on them with /sam.

i just need to find some dedicated people to get skygods running so i can get my kitty pants. on the same occasion ima get byakkos axe to replace my fourth toporok. i calculated that with that axe i might WS around 3secs faster (7hit build on /nin instead of 8hit build)

grab a erlkings kheten off the AH and do the augment fight in the past on it with a group of 5-6
Succor to the Sidhe
easily tossed my byakkos out after getting one with
dmg97/att+6/da+2 back from this fight

now just working on winning a lot on v.bhuj from sandworm in abyssea >.<
 Titan.Gaiarorshack
By Titan.Gaiarorshack 2010-08-28 05:22:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Krazyrs said:

now just working on winning a lot on v.bhuj from sandworm in abyssea >.<

mm yes that is one sexy NM killer axe. i want that to. but ima foccussing on pants and gaxe and nuzyl atm

edit: Fixed Quote
 Cerberus.Sephrin
Server: Cerberus
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2010-08-29 23:15:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Randomguy said:
RR for Buffed up Non-Restraint low def mobs.

KJ for Buffed up Restraint low/mid def mobs.

SC 300% TP only for Buffed up Restraint Warrior's Charge low/mid/high def mobs.

I did like 2k SC on an abyssia mob the other day, too bad I can't find the SS for it, there is no abyssia-Tah folder in my SS file -.-

I tend to end up with 300 TP a lot in Abyssea because of the whole "STOP WS killing mobs" or the "Mage kills only!". So SC ain't so bad there.

ME WAR
ME SMASH
._.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-08-29 23:56:19
Link | Quote | Reply

you can go augment an erlkings kheten in about 30 seconds to replace your fourth toporok

why the hell are you tping in a victory ring

if you are fighting VT or higher

i think your RR set may be a bit short on acc when aggressor is down

Titan.Gaiarorshack said:

And on short notice. I think my BF will get annoyed if you keep calling me "a him" lol.

i sure wouldn't want to annoy your boyfriend
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-08-30 00:00:10
Link | Quote | Reply

You'll want to ditch Raging Rush and get King's Justice.

Once you do that, use KJ > SC and make a wind SC to total 5000 dmg on Kirin.

Need verification? Look no further
Nabis said:
2k kj > 2.3K SC > 700 wind

[+]
By Nabis 2010-08-30 00:25:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
You'll want to ditch Raging Rush and get King's Justice. Once you do that, use KJ > SC and make a wind SC to total 5000 dmg on Kirin. Need verification? Look no further
Nabis said:
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-30 00:26:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Gaiarorshack said:
my acc was pretty much cap'ed
According to eyeballing or a parse? "Pretty much capped" could easily be down around 85% when eyeballing, which would reduce your RR damage by up to 12%.
Quote:
do you have in info/links on this ?
The fact that people basically use zero acc gear (or even negative given Varangian Helm and Heafoc Mitts...) for YGK, SS/GS, SC, Sonic/Wheeling Thrust, and most relic WS (non-DW jobs) yet still only miss 5% of the time on all but the most evasive targets should be a pretty good hint, but I could probably dig up some parses on one WS or another where it was tested with blind pots. They're definitely not autocapped on acc, but the boost is quite large.
 Asura.Aeinaitch
Server: Asura
user: Detsurin
By Asura.Aeinaitch 2010-08-30 00:27:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you realize how hard it is to make an item set on AH? You're an idiot.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-30 00:28:58
Link | Quote | Reply

It's hard when you've exceeded your item set limit ; ;
[+]
 Titan.Gaiarorshack
By Titan.Gaiarorshack 2010-09-01 03:55:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

According to eyeballing or a parse? "Pretty much capped" could easily be down around 85% when eyeballing, which would reduce your RR damage by up to 12%.

accord in to ffxi calc my acc was cap'ed for some higher level/tougher mobs than the mob i tested it on.

So neither of the suggestions, it was "indirect calculations"

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

The fact that people basically use zero acc gear (or even negative given Varangian Helm and Heafoc Mitts...) for YGK, SS/GS, SC, Sonic/Wheeling Thrust, and most relic WS (non-DW jobs) yet still only miss 5% of the time on all but the most evasive targets should be a pretty good hint, but I could probably dig up some parses on one WS or another where it was tested with blind pots. They're definitely not autocapped on acc, but the boost is quite large.

Dont get me wrong on this. I just like to see the "evidence" so im not in doubt on the subject.

My first game mentor told me that the only thing i would need to gear for was str.
When he linked to the hecca gear on ffxiclopedia and i asked him about the slow effect. he said it just makes you walk slower (even though it written there, that it slows down your attack rate and should be used for WS only)

I am here to learn more. I just like to see the math/evidence behind it.

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
you can go augment an erlkings kheten in about 30 seconds to replace your fourth toporok

hmm ima go work on that this weekend then. TY

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

why the hell are you tping in a victory ring

Se previous post about my first "mentor"
and that is exactly why i made a earlier thread about my tp gear, to get some suggestion to improve it

remember all my gear is still work in progress. I have not had the same amount of time as you have had to get all the nice stuff. but i am working towards it.
however due to "school" and homework i can only really move for something in the weekends.

Also i don't know all the nice gear out there in the game and how much effort it takes to get it.
thats why im asking on the forum.
i was told to get ws gorgets... i did it
i was told to get brutal earring and i got it
if you tell me to augment an erlkings kheten i will do it
if you tell me to get acc ring for tp'ing i will get it.

However i was already working on the euphoria ring yesterday but sofar 0/2. not the greatest piece i know. but it still gonna help

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

Huh ? sorry i couldn't really read your tone there.
my statements was not mean as a threat or anything. Just a quick funny line.
 Bahamut.Ivve
Server: Bahamut
user: ivve
By Bahamut.Ivve 2010-09-01 04:45:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Gaiarorshack said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

Huh ? sorry i couldn't really read your tone there.
my statements was not mean as a threat or anything. Just a quick funny line.

It was sarcastic. On the internet, it's generally regarded as HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE to go out of your way to point out your gender. Who cares? On top of that, you introduced it in the most awkward way possible. Would your boyfriend really be annoyed that someone on the internet made the mistake of calling you, who they cannot see, by a male pronoun? That's... pretty dumb. You seem to be either incredibly naive or an excellent troll.
[+]
 Titan.Gaiarorshack
By Titan.Gaiarorshack 2010-09-01 05:04:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ivve said:

It was sarcastic. On the internet, it's generally regarded as HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE to go out of your way to point out your gender. Who cares? On top of that, you introduced it in the most awkward way possible. Would your boyfriend really be annoyed that someone on the internet made the mistake of calling you, who they cannot see, by a male pronoun? That's... pretty dumb. You seem to be either incredibly naive or an excellent troll.

i would disagree on the first part. but that mostly because you take aclaim on the entire internet. I dont believe you as a person know what goes on on the entire internet and what going on across different cultures.
The internet you use mostly is probably way different then the part of the internet i use for a daily use.
You and me come from way different cultures evne thoug we are both of the "western culture"

Anyhow i regret that i have acted in a "HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE" way. it was surely not ment to.
I just thought it was funny that i was automatically assumed to be male.
and no my bf would not get mad about it. my line was based on some kind of intern joke between me and him and his pink aurore boots.
I have a bad habbit when joking around of thinking that all ppl know all my thoughts.

so once again im sorry for any wrong doings. I was just making a bit of fun.

anyway i hope we can no longer derail the thread on this matter.
I
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-09-01 05:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Nabis said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
You'll want to ditch Raging Rush and get King's Justice. Once you do that, use KJ > SC and make a wind SC to total 5000 dmg on Kirin. Need verification? Look no further
Nabis said:

teach me to WAR plz, no matter how many times i try my RR > SC is always distortion ; ;
i suck at WAR /wrists