Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » ws sets
ws sets
First Page 2
 Garuda.Jovian
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
By Garuda.Jovian 2010-08-20 12:25:20
Link | Quote | Reply

This for all the math geniuses out there. I'm looking to see what you guys come up with. I want to see what you guys think are the best ws sets for RR, KJ, and Metatron Tourment; base it as if you were fighting a high lv mob. I have everything you can pretty much imagine besides Armada Hauberk (have nq). I lost my macros and kinda have to start from scratch, I've been away from the game for nearly 6 months, so now I'm looking to retune some of my gear. Thanks in advance~
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-08-20 13:01:19
Link | Quote | Reply

This is exactly what I would type out if I just purchased a relic war too.
[+]
By Vaashe 2010-08-20 13:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol Zorander be nice lol

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Zor
By Zor 2010-08-20 13:26:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh sorry I should post anon too..it will be fun.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-20 13:33:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Quote:
I've been away from the game for nearly 6 months

It's amazing you bought/sold nothing for 2 years.

lol, good catch.
[+]
 Ifrit.Zibo
user: Marokko
By Ifrit.Zibo 2010-08-20 13:34:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Use Koenig gear for Steel Cyclone.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-08-20 13:46:12
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have Bravura, you should be able to remember what your gearsets should look like even if you've been away for 6 months:p

I'm sorry to say but this is kinda suspicious lol
 Zor
By Zor 2010-08-20 13:46:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I just lost every last damn macro I had when my xbox Red Rind'd on me a few weeks ago. For some reason I thought I had it saved to the server..but alas I did not.

Losing all your macros doesn't mean you lose all your memory of how items work and how to properly build a macro or gear sets.

..neither does leaving the game for 6 months, expecially if you have "basically everything" for war, you should know. Sounds Fishy to me.

If someone were to ask you something about Norg..would that compute?
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-08-20 13:56:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Jovian said:
This for all the math geniuses out there. I'm looking to see what you guys come up with. I want to see what you guys think are the best ws sets for RR, KJ, and Metatron Tourment; base it as if you were fighting a high lv mob. I have everything you can pretty much imagine besides Armada Hauberk (have nq). I lost my macros and kinda have to start from scratch, I've been away from the game for nearly 6 months, so now I'm looking to retune some of my gear. Thanks in advance~

Where do I unlock NIN SJ Buddy? :(
 Phoenix.Smileybone
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-08-20 13:58:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Even if this is a bought account at least he's asking for help. I find it funny how most people complain that they hate people who buy accounts because they can't play the game right but when someone asks for advice so he doesn't look like a noob you guys just bash him.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-08-20 14:00:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Smileybone said:
Even if this is a bought account at least he's asking for help. I find it funny how most people complain that they hate people who buy accounts because they can't play the game right but when someone asks for advice so he doesn't look like a noob you guys just bash him.

Dont you agree that when you have a Bravura, you should know how to gear yourself? >_>
 Phoenix.Smileybone
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-08-20 14:01:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Phoenix.Smileybone said:

Dont you agree that when you have a Bravura, you should know how to gear yourself? >_>

Yes, if you got it yourself. Not if you bought your account.
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-08-20 14:04:01
Link | Quote | Reply

When I first posted lol I was just goofing with a silly first post about a bought acct..but now it certainly seems like thats what happened lol.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-08-20 14:06:02
Link | Quote | Reply

If a person buy a relic account, unless he's BRAND NEW to the game, he should still know how to gear it >_>

But yeah, I'll give him a few pointers then, too lazy to make gearsets.

For Raging rush, go for STR/DEX mix.
For KJ, spam STR, but make sure you add a good bunch of accuracy aswell.
For SC and Meta just spam STR all you can, attack will help Meta out a bunch aswell.

For RR and KJ, try to have around 460 accuracy total with pizza+1, should be enough to cap acc on pretty much everything.
[+]
 Garuda.Jovian
By Garuda.Jovian 2010-08-20 14:10:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Whoa with the garbage talking. No one bought I ***. I'm not asking "hey should I use my e.body for rr?". Jesus christ. I know the basics. My fault I know I should of worded this better. Is there any new "peak" items for our ws sets?
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-20 14:12:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Smileybone said:

Probably because he didn't open with a "I bought an account, can I get some advice?" comment.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-08-20 14:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Jovian said:
Whoa with the garbage talking. No one bought I ***. I'm not asking "hey should I use my e.body for rr?". Jesus christ. I know the basics. My fault I know I should of worded this better. Is there any new "peak" items for our ws sets?

Sentry belt is a good KJ belt. Varangian Helm for 1 hit WS is great.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-08-20 14:14:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Stats +6 rings, stats+3 earrings, a new helm with str+12 atk+24.
I think that's pretty much it for new items you want atm:P

Varangian Helm
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Varangian_Helm
[+]
 Garuda.Jovian
By Garuda.Jovian 2010-08-20 14:17:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Let me elaborate more. I've researched little, mostly skimmed some forums and all I really see is mostly magian weapons being talked about in all the war forums and not much on new gear. I've looked at the lists of items added to the game and still I don't see much that's changed as far as "peak" items go in either tp or ws sets. Nothing is jumping out at me.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-20 14:21:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, Ebody is still good for RR or an acc TP set. Ares/Grim cuirass beat it for TP at capped accuracy. Ares is still top for SC too. Just Varangian Helm, Sentry Belt, 6STR rings etc probably all that you're missing.
[+]
 Seraph.Rafik
Server: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-08-20 14:30:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Jovian said:

yes there is new stuff

like the haste 2haste body, the 4haste gloves, new str ring.

two new haste belts, new ammo and back pieces.

new pants that are close to heca pants. new body that has more + attack and str than ares body without the refresh, among other things.

new str gloves, but have -accuracy

but yeah if you took the time to get a job to 75 you should know how to gear it regardless if you lost your macros or not
[+]
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-08-20 14:33:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Jovian said:
Let me elaborate more. I've researched little, mostly skimmed some forums and all I really see is mostly magian weapons being talked about in all the war forums and not much on new gear. I've looked at the lists of items added to the game and still I don't see much that's changed as far as "peak" items go in either tp or ws sets. Nothing is jumping out at me.

you must be smoking something or dont really know how to gear your job

do you even have um blitz ring and actually use it? and um do you tp in askar head?

i hope you have speed belt and not swift if you talking so much smack

piss boots, unicorn+1 or dusk+1 boots? which ones you got?
 Siren.Delirium
Server: Siren
user: Delirium
By Siren.Delirium 2010-08-20 14:47:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I cant believe this. i've been away from the game for almost 4 months now and i KNOW how to gear for my WSs and for other jobs that i dont even have.

THE BASICS DONT CHANGE

once you're aware of the basics its all about slightly improving those through gear.

6 STR > 5 STR
12 ACC > 10 ACC

ETC its really not that hard and if you have a relic you've spent so much time in game you should know everything like the back of your hand. just look at the new gear and see where you can make your improvements
[+]
 Garuda.Jovian
By Garuda.Jovian 2010-08-20 14:52:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Where do I talk smack anywhere in that post dude? And why should I have to repeat that I do know how to gear my job and play it. The reason I asked the way I did in the first post is because ***is situational. So let's say oh there's a new belt with higher str and acc on it so it better than warwolf belt for rr, but you're gonna lose the 5 dex that helps your crits, so you could also add in these gloves that are new that has more dex etc. Each piece is relavant to your other gear choices, so I wanted to see what the new hq gear was so that I could tune my sets appropriately. And its not like no one has ever posted in other job forums asking for the best ws skill set available for x situation.
 Siren.Delirium
Server: Siren
user: Delirium
By Siren.Delirium 2010-08-20 14:56:00
Link | Quote | Reply

there isnt really any "hq" gear that came out lately. its all either NM drops or synergy
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-08-20 14:57:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Jovian said:
Where do I talk smack anywhere in that post dude? And why should I have to repeat that I do know how to gear my job and play it. The reason I asked the way I did in the first post is because ***is situational. So let's say oh there's a new belt with higher str and acc on it so it better than warwolf belt for rr, but you're gonna lose the 5 dex that helps your crits, so you could also add in these gloves that are new that has more dex etc. Each piece is relavant to your other gear choices, so I wanted to see what the new hq gear was so that I could tune my sets appropriately. And its not like no one has ever posted in other job forums asking for the best ws skill set available for x situation.

well mentioning bravura and ebody is talking smack and not understand there are better tp pieces out there now.

post your current tp and ws sets and let us decide if you know what you are talking about and how to help you improve it?

didnt think so mr. anon
[+]
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-08-20 15:03:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh wait expect us to help you without knowing what you tp and ws in. Sounds good to me? Others posted their gear sets and you didnt.

We cant help you if we dont know what we are working with.
[+]
 Garuda.Jovian
By Garuda.Jovian 2010-08-20 15:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

*** might as well post some of my sets since one post created such a ***fest and caused all the forum gangsters to come out. First of all I normally play war/saml and this is off the top of my head.

Tp: bravura/rose strap/bomblet
Turban/ fort torque/brutal/aeser (sp?)
Ebody/dusk +1/ rajas/blitz
Foragers/vbelt/haidate/aurum

RR: macro in heca+1 head hands and feet, flame ring and warwolf belt

KJ: only thing I can remember different from rr is warrior's stone and afv2+1 legs

MT: same as rr except hachiryu haidate

Again that's off the top of my head.
First Page 2