Is It Worth It?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Siren » Is it worth it?
Is it worth it?
First Page 2
 Siren.Pantmonkey
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Pantmonkey 2010-08-05 20:03:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Iv been away since before the new changes, Ie 75 was the cap, and i understood how the game worked.

my misses wants me to stay away as she isnt a fellow gamer but im hooked as we all are.

Is FF still worth coming back to? I dont fancy al the grinding an learning new things. Can i still enjoy wut i used to?

Cheers for input

Pant
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-08-05 20:05:40
Link | Quote | Reply

The long and short of the recent patch, is, more of the same. Some jobs gained added relevance endgame, but other than that, it's the same old FFXI.

If you don't fancy grinding or learning new things, why are you a gamer to begin with though? Working towards satisfaction and experiencing new things are cornerstones of gaming...
[+]
 Siren.Mikus
user: Mikus
By Siren.Mikus 2010-08-12 04:47:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait till FFXIV and join the LS I'm in :D
 Bismarck.Nexdeus
Server: Bismarck
user: Greyfin
By Bismarck.Nexdeus 2010-08-12 04:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ayssea helps a lot with that grind.
 Bismarck.Sweetchuck
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sweetchuck 2010-08-12 04:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nexdeus said:
Ayssea helps a lot with that grind.

Abyssea defenitely eases the grinding pains. The last job i thought i could get to 80 is THF and it just so happens THF was my first job to 80. O.o WTF? yeah. Thanks to Abyssea. ^^
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [3752 days between previous and next post]
 Siren.Pantmonkey
By Siren.Pantmonkey 2020-11-19 08:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

What LS??!? Been trying to get hold of you!
[+]
 Unicorn.Rufio
Server: Unicorn
user: Nesaki
By Unicorn.Rufio 2020-11-19 08:15:48
Link | Quote | Reply

holy necro bump batman
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2020-11-19 08:29:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Pantmonkey said: »
What LS??!? Been trying to get hold of you!
Rawr
By Draylo 2020-11-19 08:38:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, it's worth it
[+]
 Phoenix.Gwenstacy
Server: Phoenix
user: GwenStacy
By Phoenix.Gwenstacy 2020-11-19 10:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

agreed, its worth.
By drakefs 2020-11-19 10:24:02
Link | Quote | Reply

This bump is worth it
[+]
 Asura.Zidaner
Server: Asura
user: Xavierr
By Asura.Zidaner 2020-11-19 12:31:02
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-11-19 13:40:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Yes, it's worth it

This threads proves that your catchphrase is just a plagiarism.
 Shiva.Kasaioni
Server: Shiva
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2020-11-19 13:47:47
Link | Quote | Reply

"More of the same"? In August of 2010? How long did it take for Abyssea to catch on?
 Siren.Pantmonkey
By Siren.Pantmonkey 2020-11-20 11:06:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Rufio said: »
holy necro bump batman

Hahahaha tell me about it.
Finding old friends is a pain now a days from 11.

Hey Drakenv! Should come join us on Odin on FFXIV. Got some familiar faces :)
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-11-20 11:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Still not the record for necro bump.
By Thunderjet 2020-11-20 12:32:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes and no balance all over the place, no new content for what 4 years? Ninja needs a buff and that’s what i care about only ok bye. Oh yea the sense of adventure is gone now too unless ur new. :( and everyone hates ninja. A part of ke wants classic ffxi and the other part is telling me to *** off
 Shiva.Phioness
user: Phioness
By Shiva.Phioness 2020-11-20 13:00:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ummm 75 cap era: Gotta Run a Linkshell to get Relic

Current era: What Relic Empyrean Mythic Aeonic do you want to build?

Gear building is more diverse and accessible then ever, along with a broader variety of builds.

Game is not about story anymore, its about getting the rocking gear, doing big deeeck damage or rocking the support job with epic buffs/debuffs at an insane rate or combo of both.

Quit complaining about lack of content , the content is playing a job at max/min to the best of your abilities.

It's about gear, fk your whining 'bout 'well I don't get new storyline' complaint even with the smidge we got lately you still fkn complain about a MMO based on relic code that no one uses but SE
[+]
By Thunderjet 2020-11-20 13:26:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Phioness said: »

Gear building is more diverse and accessible then ever, along with a broader variety of builds.

Game is not about story anymore, its about getting the rocking gear, doing big deeeck damage or rocking the support job with epic buffs/debuffs at an insane rate or combo of both.

Quit complaining about lack of content , the content is playing a job at max/min to the best of your abilities.
Oh yea lets not talk about people that posts videos in youtube saying u can solo stuff look 5 other support jobs that are lua bots and max gear!
It's about gear, fk your whining 'bout 'well I don't get new storyline' complaint even with the smidge we got lately you still fkn complain about a MMO based on relic code that no one uses but SE
Ok one, i have all items for nin besides nagi and kannagi they are r 15 too, 2 when a buff job does more damage than your 40k ten spams exist, 3 game was always about the quests and the adventure with others, 3 not everyone had relics in early to late 75 days please stop acting you know whats good for the game, thr requirements to do stuff for new players is too hard, hello i am a new geo i heard i can use this job to progress so i can cast lot for the jobs i need, geo do you need it i am mastered i also need a end game shell that does dyna d, idris do you have it? No goodbye excuse me?????
By Draylo 2020-11-20 13:30:55
Link | Quote | Reply

We do need more content, don't know who can argue otherwise. We have gone years without anything substantial, Odyssey was garbage. We also need #BLUPDATE. I need some duration+ and potency+ gear for Blue Magic
By Thunderjet 2020-11-20 13:32:37
Link | Quote | Reply

We do need more content, don't know who can argue otherwise. We have gone years without anything substantial, Odyssey was garbage. We also need #BLUPDATE. I need some duration+ and potency+ gear for Blue Magic
Yes mor content is needed more open world content is whats missing in this game these days
By Draylo 2020-11-20 13:34:14
Link | Quote | Reply

They should do more UNM, do more Delve, more HTB. Those are easy content they can just reuse assets and maybe create a few unique monsters. Like they could have done HQ versions of the UNMs instead of Odyssey, that were tough and challenging for a 6 man group. I don't see any of those options costing so much development time.
By Thunderjet 2020-11-20 13:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Thunderjet said: »
Shiva.Phioness said: »

Oh yea lets not talk about people that posts videos in youtube saying u can solo stuff look 5 other support jobs that are lua bots and max gear!
Ok one, i have all items for nin besides nagi and kannagi they are r 15 too, 2 when a buff job does more damage than your 40k ten spams exist, 3 game was always about the quests and the adventure with others, 3 not everyone had relics in early to late 75 days please stop acting you know whats good for the game, thr requirements to do stuff for new players is too hard, hello i am a new geo i heard i can use this job to progress so i can cast lot for the jobs i need, geo do you need it i am mastered i also need a end game shell that does dyna d, idris do you have it? No goodbye excuse me?????
. 75 era was the peak of this game stop it was not all about dyna spam and hnms, i would never play on a broke server like nasomi
By Thunderjet 2020-11-20 13:37:39
Link | Quote | Reply

They should do more UNM, do more Delve, more HTB. Those are easy content they can just reuse assets and maybe create a few unique monsters. Like they could have done HQ versions of the UNMs instead of Odyssey, that were tough and challenging for a 6 man group. I don't see any of those options costing so much development time.
We need at least 12 new zones new camps new story new world content add new nms? Timed or lottery? And a new version of world content similar yo abyssea? Without the atmas
By Draylo 2020-11-20 14:24:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Expansion to the far east, New jobs chemist and time Mage
By ScaevolaBahamut 2020-11-20 14:27:26
Link | Quote | Reply

this thread was bumped from when the Democrats held a 60-seat majority in the Senate
[+]
By Thunderjet 2020-11-20 14:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

We are tired of rehash content
 Shiva.Phioness
user: Phioness
By Shiva.Phioness 2020-11-20 21:06:45
Link | Quote | Reply

"I WANT THIS, I WANT THAT, I WANT an 18 year old game to give me lots of new stuff to do!"
GO PLAY THE GAME THEY SUPPORT AND HAS TONS OF CONTENT:
FFXIV
"But I don't like FFXIV and I want resources from it brought over to code on FFXI"
GO PLAY ON A CLASSIC SERVER
"But I want..." (Loud slap)
SHUT YO MOUTH YOU ENTITLED SIMP
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-11-20 21:13:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Thunderjet said: »

holy run-on, Batman.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-11-20 23:06:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Expansion to the far east, New jobs chemist and time Mage
You been pitching this since the KI.com days, nevergonnahappen.emoji
First Page 2