Cavaros Mantle + RR?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Cavaros mantle + RR?
Cavaros mantle + RR?
 Unicorn.Fosgate
Server: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: Fosgate
By Unicorn.Fosgate 2010-08-05 13:43:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone try the new Cavaros mantle for Raging rush? I got this a few weeks ago and been wondering if the damage increase for at least 1/3 crit'd hits on RR would do better than Foragers mantle.

Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-08-05 13:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

cavaros mantle

Edit: Beaten.

As far as the mantle itself, it would depend on the critical hit damage increase. Brave Grip is 3.5% increase, according to wiki. If that's the same for Cavaros Mantle, I wouldn't really rely on it, considering max critical hit rate without +% items, is 20%. Meaning about one crit every 2 WSs.
 Unicorn.Fosgate
Server: Unicorn
user: Fosgate
By Unicorn.Fosgate 2010-08-05 14:05:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm woah. Do you know if the "chance of critical varies with tp" percentage adds to to 20% cap? Where Wiki says *maybe* 100tp is +10%, making it +30% chance to crit on RR? If it still just caps at 20, imma stop using this set

Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-05 14:25:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Crit% gear stacks with crit from dDEX.

I think the result ended up being around 2.5%, but I need to find the test data again. If that's correct, it wouldn't be worthwhile.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2010-08-05 16:42:40
Link | Quote | Reply

http://robonosto.blogspot.com/2010/06/weapon-skill-critical-hit-rate-bonus.html

Quote:
Raging Rush (great axe, 3 hits)
Source (1): レイグラのクリティカル率につい て その1

The sample proportion is 20/40 given the usual 24% base. The "control" data for base critical rate (which is a good idea to have by the way), however, gives the sample proportion 44/130 = .3384, which is somewhat unusual, but I write that off merely as that, not a sign of dubious experimental error. This data alone gives the tentative impression that there is a bonus.

Source (2): RagingRush Critical rate test (Killing Ifrit forums)

The raw data (showing damage values) are in a spreadsheet, but you don't need to download it.

At 100 TP and given 24% base critical hit rate, the proportion of critical hits is 155/373 = .4155. A 95% confidence interval for the critical hit rate bonus is (12.50%, 22.74%). This is strong evidence that the critical hit rate bonus is not 10%. Possible candidates are 15% and 20%.

More interesting to me is that the damage for 1 TP return (2o occurrences) was also noted, providing an opportunity to determine whether a critical hit rate bonus also applies to off-hand hits (despite there being no way to tell the difference between a double attack hit and a regular off-hand hit). Assuming a 24% base critical hit rate, with 9 observed critical hits out of 20, the corresponding p-value is .03614, which suggests a critical hit rate bonus.

Conclusion: there is a critical hit rate bonus for Raging Rush at 100 TP, with +15% and +20% being possible candidates. The small sample for critical hits from off-hand hits suggests a critical hit rate bonus for off-hand hits of Raging Rush as well.

Crit from gear + from dDEX + merits + WS bonus will stack, although keep in mind the +crit% from dDEX caps at +20%. Wiki says RR's crit bonus at 100% TP is 10%, but should be 15% or 20% according to the quoted. So you'll be at ~40% proc per hit (offhand included) when capping out DEX.

Regardless, I did brief testing with ranged attacks on Cavaros mantle. First impressions indicated a direct 3% increase to damage, but further testing on higher level mobs returned an even lesser value (under 2%), but I'm not sure how to test if or how the mantle is manipulating pdif or what. But...it doesn't really matter much, either way the mantle is pretty bad.
By Sheelay 2010-08-12 10:22:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I have had this mantle for a while but haven't found a better use for it on WAR than during 2hr with restraint up.
That way you are sure to get a boost with both TP and WS, as Mighty Strikes annulls Restraint's Crit hit negation while still granting the WS boost from it, all topped off by the increased crit hit dmg.

Other than this I don't think there is a better use for the cape on WAR, I believe it may be more efficient if used on THF for SA or SATA
By Sheelay 2010-08-12 10:24:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok noob question regarding my posts. I'm pretty sure I used to have my Server edited next to my name and now I see it missing. Any idea how to fix it?
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-12 10:31:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Sheelay said:
Ok noob question regarding my posts. I'm pretty sure I used to have my Server edited next to my name and now I see it missing. Any idea how to fix it?

Use the drop down menu in above the post section to choose your Server.Name account.
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-08-12 10:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks XD
 Remora.Belius
Server: Remora
user: Belius
By Remora.Belius 2010-08-16 11:25:35
Link | Quote | Reply

:( I was pretty excited about this when I got it, but now I see it's not all that fun.

It's not even a good RR macro piece by any chance? Or will the attack/str from the rushes do more for the critical dmg?

Coming to think of it, I'd be better off putting dex on that back slot if I want to load up on crits.