Forum » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » Bidding information
Bidding information
 Quetzalcoatl.Afroninja
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: afroninja
By Quetzalcoatl.Afroninja 2008-02-06 14:11:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure if it's kept or tracked anywhere, but would it be possible to see a list of what people are bidding on your items? For example, if I put up a rare +1 sword that hasn't sold in a few weeks. I might try to bump the price up say 50-100k. It'd be nice to see if 1. anyone was bidding on the item at all. 2. What they were bidding. Instead of my price of say 500k, someone might be bidding 400-450k. If I could see that's what the market is willing to pay, I could adjust my prices accordingly.

I'm not sure what would be involved to do something like that, but if it's a complete pain, maybe just track the losing bids for items say over 50 or maybe 100k. Just a thought.
 Unicorn.Claquesous
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Claquesous 2008-02-06 14:32:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to have to sincerely hope that this is impossible.
 Carbuncle.Yajirobe
Premium
Server: Carbuncle
user: Yajirobe
By Carbuncle.Yajirobe 2008-02-07 10:47:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, the entire Auction House system is based on the fact that you do not know what the listed price is and you do not know what others are bidding on it. If an item is on the AH that never sells but you want, you make a bid that you feel is reasonable for that item. If there is a transaction history for the item, people obviously tend to base their list prices and their bids off of there.

Anyway, the main point to make about this is that this data is not available to you when you're in the game. And seeing as this website only has access to the same data as the players then this is impossible, unless you were to post on here that you bid x amount of gil on it and couldn't get it, which I don't see people doing.