How Good Is Multihit Khanda For Atonement Spam?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » How good is multihit Khanda for atonement spam?
How good is multihit Khanda for atonement spam?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-07-27 12:49:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Ragnarok.Anye said:
Ehehe, yeah, I've always heard arguments for/against Vorpal vs. Swift back in the days before Atonement.

GAWD I NEED THAT WS T_T

It's k. ;_; I'll just get 300 skill and get Sanguine Blade. :3

What floor are you on now?
1 ._.
 Fenrir.Luarania
Server: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-07-27 12:49:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ouch, make a static! I did 1-100 on my PLD~
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-07-27 12:53:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Anye said:
Ragnarok.Anye said:
Ehehe, yeah, I've always heard arguments for/against Vorpal vs. Swift back in the days before Atonement.

GAWD I NEED THAT WS T_T

It's k. ;_; I'll just get 300 skill and get Sanguine Blade. :3

1 ._.

Hooooooow are you still on 1? >.> No one shouts on Ragnarok?
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-07-27 12:53:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Well dint mnd and str. And MAB and such. Since it's magical things like base weapon dmg and pdif don't affect it. Making it pretty consistent against higher mobs since the only mob stats that will effect it is MDT/MDB (which alot of mobs don't have and would lower atonement too) and int. Pld kinda sucks for gearing for it so maybe not. Idk blu and rdm can get some nice dmg on it. Comparable to atonement on strong mobs if well geared. Then 50% hp drain is just icing on the cake. You should never do under 300 with it if the mob doesn't have MDB or MDT
Kinda answered that in my last post but felt I should go back to this. HP drain is 25/50/100 based on TP, and yes, comapred to BLU or RDM, PLD has crap gear centered on INT though we have a fair amount for MND if I recall, and plenty of STR. I would think a PLD geared for it could maybe do... 500-700? Somewhere in that range, and that is guessing. And yeah, this is basicly BLU and RDMs answer to Atonement, with a nice boost in HP after that convert for a RDM.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-07-27 12:54:32
Link | Quote | Reply

100%TP 200%TP 300%TP
50% 75% 100%
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-27 12:54:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I staticed with 3-4 other people 1-100 over a couple of months and then just farmed HNMs after that. Was nice except the crappy pickup people we got.

Also I see climb shouts all the time
 Bismarck.Altar
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-07-27 12:58:05
Link | Quote | Reply

For Gearing up for Sanguine Blade:
Mab > Int > Mnd > Str

And Pld doesn't get much in the way of MAB and Int :(
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-27 12:58:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Luarania said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Well dint mnd and str. And MAB and such. Since it's magical things like base weapon dmg and pdif don't affect it. Making it pretty consistent against higher mobs since the only mob stats that will effect it is MDT/MDB (which alot of mobs don't have and would lower atonement too) and int. Pld kinda sucks for gearing for it so maybe not. Idk blu and rdm can get some nice dmg on it. Comparable to atonement on strong mobs if well geared. Then 50% hp drain is just icing on the cake. You should never do under 300 with it if the mob doesn't have MDB or MDT
Kinda answered that in my last post but felt I should go back to this. HP drain is 25/50/100 based on TP, and yes, comapred to BLU or RDM, PLD has crap gear centered on INT though we have a fair amount for MND if I recall, and plenty of STR. I would think a PLD geared for it could maybe do... 500-700? Somewhere in that range, and that is guessing. And yeah, this is basicly BLU and RDMs answer to Atonement, with a nice boost in HP after that convert for a RDM.
50/75/100.

700 probably be iffy on pld unless the mob gets -magic def.

dInt has by far the biggest effect then mnd then str. Well besides MAB but that depends on base dmg and amount. For example mahatma can be better or worse than teal legs for me

But with lets say you get 40dint 100mnd/str and 12 MAB from earrings which seems reasonable on pld (not sure) that would be 425 dmg.
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-07-27 12:59:28
Link | Quote | Reply

100%TP 200%TP 300%TP 50% 75% 100%
Seriously? God I am off the ball today, these magian trials must be crappy my sleep more than I thought.... Bleh I'll go make some food or something and let the smarter people handle stuff ; ;
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-27 13:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yeah it's darkness... so fight on darkday/weather with obi
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-07-27 13:07:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Anye said:
1 ._.

Hooooooow are you still on 1? >.> No one shouts on Ragnarok?
Ehehehe, I've been spending my time *not* in Whitegate, mostly. And I'm not a big fan of pick-up groups.... My ls had a static twice upon a time, but never at a very convenient time for me^^;

Oh, and it's probably going to be a lot easier once I hit 80 and can do it with fewer people. Right?

Fenrir.Luarania said:
100%TP 200%TP 300%TP 50% 75% 100%
Seriously? God I am off the ball today, these magian trials must be crappy my sleep more than I thought.... Bleh I'll go make some food or something and let the smarter people handle stuff ; ;
/comfort, it happens! Er, A for effort! \o/?
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-07-27 13:08:48
Link | Quote | Reply

If you can climb to 60ish it isn't too horrible to unlock
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-07-27 13:11:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Oh yeah it's darkness... so fight on darkday/weather with obi
And don't use on Dark Elementals, learned that one the hard way ._.; of course when I did it I hadn't realized it was Dark aligned...
Ragnarok.Anye said:
/comfort, it happens! Er, A for effort! \o/?
lol twice now I messed up, thats a D if anything. Usually I'm pretty good with my information. Severe lack of sleep must be getting to me... almost to the current final stage of the VIT path...

On the Nyzul part, if you can make it to 70, starting from there with no points and finishing a Machaera with sTP will unlock it for you when you have 40 WSs left to do (1360) 65 is 1560, and 60 is 1760, both of which aren't bad if you have a SAM buddy helping.
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-07-27 13:17:52
Link | Quote | Reply

:o Sweet; thanks guys!
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-27 13:19:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I did PDT swd and about to finish 2-3 khanda now...

But sanguine blade is making me want to do the -15% magic defense swd too. That is another benefit over atonement. Other people can help you increase the dmg alot. Blu and or anyone with -magic def weapon can give you 10-15% dmg with just that. Int down on the mob will up dmg a bit. Giving you int lol or mab with brd cor smn

Also maybe thinking of making a blu build that tanks similarly as a pld except SB spamming which will get my hp back.
 Leviathan.Xepherhiro
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Xepherhiro 2010-07-27 13:23:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The 2-3 Khanda IS 50/30/20. I had to confirm this with my sword doing MANY MANY multiple tests. I've had it for about 2 weeks know so i got to play with it a lil' bit. If anyone needed the confirmation, you can take my word for it.
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-07-27 13:24:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Also maybe thinking of making a blu build that tanks similarly as a pld except SB spamming which will get my hp back.
I don't mean to come off rude if I seem like it, but did you read that thread about the WAR using swords and Fencer to tank PLD style and spam San Blade? Literally the first thing I thought of but it might be possible.
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-07-27 13:32:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Xepherhiro said:
The 2-3 Khanda IS 50/30/20. I had to confirm this with my sword doing MANY MANY multiple tests. I've had it for about 2 weeks know so i got to play with it a lil' bit. If anyone needed the confirmation, you can take my word for it.
I'm pretty positive it is. And I'm keeping my Joytoy regardless of the benefits of the OA2-3x Khanda--it's close enough and I'm not going to spend time on that sword if I don't have to.

In the future I'll probably work on the VIT/PDT Shamshir.

and--hey, look! A Sanguine Blade sword!
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-07-27 13:37:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought that said "Mag.Def.Bsns."

Nothing like +8 Magic Defense Business.
 Leviathan.Xepherhiro
By Leviathan.Xepherhiro 2010-07-27 13:37:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Luarania said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
I don't mean to come off rude if I seem like it, but did you read that thread about the WAR using swords and Fencer to tank PLD style and spam San Blade? Literally the first thing I thought of but it might be possible.

This is assuming a WAR would put in a good amount of Merits + Sword Skill gear to use this WS at this point in time. But usually WARs who would care to put forth the effort into their jobs wouldn't merit Sword lol. But you never know i guess~
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-27 13:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Luarania said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Naw. Plus the reason I suggest blu outside of the I have it lvld is you keep the survivability maybe even gain some on pld and more hate tools. Also a war would need full merits + suppa + torque just to acess it. Also can't DW with fencer
 Leviathan.Xepherhiro
By Leviathan.Xepherhiro 2010-07-27 13:40:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Anye said:
I'm pretty positive it is. And I'm keeping my Joytoy regardless of the benefits of the OA2-3x Khanda--it's close enough and I'm not going to spend time on that sword if I don't have to.

In the future I'll probably work on the VIT/PDT Shamshir.

and--hey, look! A Sanguine Blade sword!

You want Magic ATTACK Bonus for Sanguine :P

EDIT: Also, It IS worth doing the trial still, because when you think about it, you know how SE is; They're only going to make these swords better during every update (Why wouldn't they?). I'd still put the time into doing the Khanda OA2-3 Trial because you never know what surprises they'll have in store for each and every trial.
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-07-27 13:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Anye said:
I'm pretty positive it is. And I'm keeping my Joytoy regardless of the benefits of the OA2-3x Khanda--it's close enough and I'm not going to spend time on that sword if I don't have to. In the future I'll probably work on the VIT/PDT Shamshir. and--hey, look! A Sanguine Blade sword!
No Anye, not that one. That would be better for magic tanking. The INT path sword is better, +6 and MAB+8, would get better results from that than the MND path. Though if you are planning to spam Joy or 2-3 would do it better I would think.

Also I agree with you both on the BLU and San-Blade. Just remembered that thread and had a good chuckle again. Actually if you don't mind testing it I'd be interested in seeing data on if BLU could actually do that.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-27 13:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Anye said:
I'm pretty positive it is. And I'm keeping my Joytoy regardless of the benefits of the OA2-3x Khanda--it's close enough and I'm not going to spend time on that sword if I don't have to. In the future I'll probably work on the VIT/PDT Shamshir. and--hey, look! A Sanguine Blade sword!
You want Magic ATTACK Bonus for Sanguine :P
And int. Int is a little more than twice as effective as MND.

Though assuming you don't have a blu or someone else with a similar weapon I'd rather use

Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-07-27 13:43:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Oops. Edited my original reply.

...And subsequent quotes thereafter. CUZ I CAN.

<_< DUNNO WHATCHA'LL'RE TALKIN BOUT.

Just having a Luarania moment ;D

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-07-27 13:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Anye said:
Oops. Edited my original reply. ...And subsequent quotes thereafter. CUZ I CAN. <_< DUNNO WHATCHA'LL'RE TALKIN BOUT. Just having a Luarania moment ;D
Ragnarok.Anye said:
Wait what? Still the same for me... I don't know why either... Anye something is broken ; ;

Wait! WAIT! You did NOT just do that! >_> Evil Mod is evil!
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-27 13:48:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Luarania said:
Also I agree with you both on the BLU and San-Blade. Just remembered that thread and had a good chuckle again. Actually if you don't mind testing it I'd be interested in seeing data on if BLU could actually do that.
Unfortunately I have no morri or yigit outside of feet so using alot of errant lol. But well see what I can do
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-07-27 13:48:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Psh, fine :P no <3 for you!
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-07-27 13:50:38