Forum » FFXIAH.com » Bugs » Jobs not updating
Jobs not updating
 Valefor.Mithano
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: mithano
By Valefor.Mithano 2008-02-06 12:18:59
Link | Quote | Reply

It might be part of the same reason that the equipment isn't updating either, but my job levels aren't getting updates as well. I've currently got nin to 21, and it still lists as 13, which was from about a week ago. The title I currently have and the stuff at the top is still correct & updated, though.
 Caitsith.Grieverbk
Server: Caitsith
user: Grieverbk
By Caitsith.Grieverbk 2008-02-06 17:59:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Has your title or any of the info up top changed since it last updated? Because it's probably still what was there before this all stopped working.

It's most likely to do with the same issue that's affecting the equipment, since all of the info (jobs, crafts, mission status, equip) comes through the LS Community Site. Either they locked down on it since the hackings, or there's a transmission error happening somewhere.
 Gilgamesh.Darium
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Darium
By Gilgamesh.Darium 2008-02-07 08:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

The top says 56BLU/28NIN for me but down in the Jobs section it is saying BLU 55.
 Valefor.Mithano
user: mithano
By Valefor.Mithano 2008-02-07 10:47:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Same for me, the top stuff continues to update correctly, it's only the individual job listings and equipment that aren't working.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2008-02-07 20:35:44
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a few possibilities. One, the URL of your LS Community profile may have changed slightly. POL changes the format of the URL on a somewhat regular basis. If FFXIAH.com can't find your profile page at the URL you previously provided, at the moment it attempts to update (and it only tries once per RL day), it will give up, and your character profile info will not update.
 Bahamut.Wildjenna
Server: Bahamut
user: wildjenna
By Bahamut.Wildjenna 2008-02-08 02:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I have the same problem its updating when I change jobs but its not updating the jobs lvls
 Fenrir.Burizado
Server: Fenrir
user: Burizado
By Fenrir.Burizado 2008-02-08 11:22:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I am seeing the same issue. My title and job change will update, but not my job levels. I'm not sure about crafting levels, since I have not leveled crafting in a while. :p
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2008-02-08 12:35:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, problem confirmed. We're looking into it. Thanks for the info. Looks like the LS community page sources changed slightly and broke our scraper.
 Carbuncle.Tellahchan
Server: Carbuncle
user:
By Carbuncle.Tellahchan 2008-02-18 02:24:56
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

got mine to update
go to the LS site, do not log on, browse to your LS page, click your profile and copy THAT url
 Gilgamesh.Jonls
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Jonis
By Gilgamesh.Jonls 2008-02-18 03:15:01
Link | Quote | Reply

We actually used to have a walkthrough that specifically told you to log off after you made your info visible to the public
 Garuda.Zaria
Server: Garuda
user: jotaguro
By Garuda.Zaria 2008-02-23 04:15:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Mine still doesn't update. I logged on copied that URL. Checked the site without logging on and got the same URL (which is in my character profile).

I can click on the lsprofile link and it takes me to my profile showing my DNC level as 37. On my ffxiah page DNC is still 21.
 Valefor.Kagemushaa
By Valefor.Kagemushaa 2008-02-27 13:01:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I am still having that problem as well. The images aren't scattered in wrong places like they were before but if I want any changes I have to manually do it. It doesn't seem to be updating every 24 hours. Its been at least 3-4 days since I've bothered with it.
 Garuda.Zaria
Server: Garuda
user: jotaguro
By Garuda.Zaria 2008-02-28 16:03:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Seemed like after making my equipment public, my profile updated. Before I had always had my equipment not public and it updated. However, something recent changed in this.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2008-02-28 16:59:42
Link | Quote | Reply

What I think is happening:

If your equip info on POL LS community site is not set to public, it will still display for you when you log in, because the session credentials associated with the URL hash are still valid. That's why when you then paste the URL in Edit Chars, ffxiah.com can immediately update successfully with this temporarily valid URL.

However, that session hash expires on the POL-side after 20-30 minutes, leaving ffxiah.com with a URL that is no longer able to access any record that is set to private in the future. (Such as when it auto-updates 24 hours from then.)

The act of going back to POL LS community, logging in, and re-pasting your URL... even if it appears the URL hasn't changed, that identifying hash is now once again "logged in" again on POL's side for another 20-30 minutes, so ffxiah.com can update immediately one more time... until it times out again.

There also appears to be some kind of random timeout bug with the auto-updater itself which is causing another layer of fun. We're working on it. Thanks for your patience.
 Carbuncle.Magistrella
Server: Carbuncle
user: Majora
By Carbuncle.Magistrella 2008-02-28 17:28:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok the Link on my site here definitly works to LS community - jobs and stuffz are set to public and are all up to date there but here only my craftings will be updated and my actual Job (what is 64 BLM atm still showing 57 BLM what is from like... 3 weeks ago)
It gets slowly annoying so keep up the good work to fix it ^.^b

Mfg Magi ('-')/
 Sylph.Tekki
Server: Sylph
user: Tekki
By Sylph.Tekki 2008-03-09 23:12:07
Link | Quote | Reply

why is it i cant see the URL on the POL site
 Ifrit.Jaxzia
Server: Ifrit
user: Jaxzia
By Ifrit.Jaxzia 2008-04-05 09:40:30
Link | Quote | Reply

One of my roommates and I started this at the same time. Followed the instructions, he was able to get his profile updated, I can not. I have copied and pasted the url from the linkshell community three times and waited for the 24hours for the update still no joy.

-Jax
 Hades.Scragg
Administrator
Server: Hades
user: aureole
By Hades.Scragg 2008-04-05 12:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

It's being worked on again. Consider it down for now. Sorry for the inconvenience.
 Caitsith.Tylendel
Server: Caitsith
user: Tylendel
By Caitsith.Tylendel 2008-04-05 18:19:19
Link | Quote | Reply

No change here oh well...Still nothing.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2008-04-05 21:39:49
Link | Quote | Reply

We'll post on the left announcement box when it's working again. =)