Anyone Eles Hate The New 11 Rules?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Anyone eles hate the new 11 rules?
Anyone eles hate the new 11 rules?
 Ifrit.Jurai
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2010-07-21 02:00:34
Link | Quote | Reply

So I roll 11 for Evoker's on the mage.

And I want to roll Chaos/Sam for me and the melee..
But oh! I can't!

I roll Chaos X#.
I roll Sam X#.

And I end up with
Evokers
Samurai
(well the melee still get both but I don't)

The 11 prevents Evoker's from being 'pushed off.' So not only now do I have this Evokers that I don't want- my timers for recasting the rolls in the order I was doing them is messed up as well.. Anyone else finding this annoying? -.-
[+]
 Phoenix.Crimsontears
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Crimsontears 2010-07-21 02:07:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to be rude or anything but it's not all about you in a party. As long as your party members have their buffs, you're fullfilling your role.

Yes at first adjusting to the new cycle of rolls sucks, but you get used to it. TBH, I thought it was a great idea.
[+]
 Leviathan.Lexington
Server: Leviathan
user: Lexington
By Leviathan.Lexington 2010-07-21 02:10:41
Link | Quote | Reply

If you need to remove the XI roll so badly can't you just cancel it ? I think its a blessing not having to do an extra roll for 10mins :D
[+]
 Bismarck.Aryden
Server: Bismarck
user: Aryden
By Bismarck.Aryden 2010-07-21 02:28:49
Link | Quote | Reply

cancel doesnt work on rolls.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-21 02:29:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Crimsontears said:
Not to be rude or anything but it's not all about you in a party. As long as your party members have their buffs, you're fullfilling your role.

Yes at first adjusting to the new cycle of rolls sucks, but you get used to it. TBH, I thought it was a great idea.
good CORs DD
[+]
 Bismarck.Shaidolas
user: lephino
By Bismarck.Shaidolas 2010-07-21 02:49:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Other thing I've noticed, you only won't roll off the 11 if your under 5min on that roll. If you're over 5min, you can roll it off.
 Diabolos.Whitewing
Server: Diabolos
user: whitewing
By Diabolos.Whitewing 2010-07-21 05:43:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Just do evokers > Sam > chaos as COR you should alsway do Mage buffs first so you get both melée on yourself at the end. 10-15mins of refresh/stp/atk on the rest of the party is far better than having it on yourself.

Also you can just merit fold and do that after evokers if you roll an 11. Personally I think the new 11 rule rocks I can buff an extra party now as I don't ness to do a roll for 11mins.
[+]
 Bismarck.Altkey
user: Altariel
By Bismarck.Altkey 2010-07-21 14:14:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Easy enough, don't go for 11's on evoker's. There's a good argument to be made just for stopping at 6+ and then snake eye off 9.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-07-21 14:24:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't matter if it's all about the cor or not, if they were able to keep the rolls up fine w/o the new effect, then having the effect gains no benefit. Only helps the cors that couldn't keep rolls up before, who shouldn't be playing the job to begin with.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-21 14:28:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't recall the last time on I partied with a cor who kept up two rolls.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-07-21 14:29:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

Doesn't matter if it's all about the cor or not, if they were able to keep the rolls up fine w/o the new effect, then having the effect gains no benefit. Only helps the cors that couldn't keep rolls up before, who shouldn't be playing the job to begin with.

It offers the benefit of having the most potent effect of the roll up for a full 10 minutes.

Further more, it makes Corsairs stop meriting winning streak >_>.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-07-21 14:31:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

It offers the benefit of having the most potent effect of the roll up for a full 10 minutes.

Further more, it makes Corsairs stop meriting winning streak >_>.
Meh, well in this case, if you can't maintain a meripo w/o an 11, sell your magery stuff. I guess the word here would be "Should" have not benefit, at least in the sense of the mage and cor having 11 on evoker's. Would be more efficient for the cor to have the dd roll more often.
[+]
 Siren.Kuz
Server: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2010-07-21 14:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

The new "11 Rule" I find to be incredibly useful.
In situations like Einherjar, Ultima/Omega, and other "boss" fights... hitting an 11 on your mages does WONDERS for the fight.
Besides giving them a 4 tick refresh (5 with Relic Hat), Its 10 mins worth of not needing to worry if your next roll will be sub par for them. That 4 to 5 tic for 10 mins straight...
Can't really top that.

As was mentioned already, if it irks you there's 2 things you can do. you can
A) Fold it off.
B) Just simply not go for the 11 and risk the 10 mins of unwanted refresh.
Its not hard to manage.
1-4 is going to give you 1 tic (2 if Relic Hat procs)
5 is going to give you 3 tic (4 if Relic procs)
if you double up on a 1-4 and hit anything from 6-8 its STILL a 2 tic (3 if relic procs)
And if you hit the ugly 9... just Snake eye it, make it a ten and call it a day.

Its fairly easy to avoid the 11, while still making very decent refresh for your mages.

long story short... if you hit a 5 or higher... STOP Double-up.

Not to mention, the "11 Rule" is excellent if you need to jump parties and maintain rolls on 2 groups during an event.
Helps keep the good numbers on more people even longer :D

P.S.
Not to be rude or anything but it's not all about you in a party.
^This
[+]
 Siren.Kuz
Server: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2010-07-21 14:44:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:

Find and make a list of these "Corsairs" so they may be lynched.
[+]
 Alexander.Rivian
Server: Alexander
user: omega2551
By Alexander.Rivian 2010-07-21 20:30:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I like it. If you don't then merit Fold. Should prolly have 1 merit in it anyway.

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

good CORs DD

Good cors are also usually too busy pulling to sit there and shoot or melee. Unless you have a brd in pt.

Siren.Kuz said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Find and make a list of these "Corsairs" so they may be lynched.

I lol'd
By Anamie 2010-07-24 15:37:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Sometimes it's annoying, sometimes it can be to your advantage. I've had it get in the way at times, myself.
It's not all about the party either. There's personal performance to consider. I don't play COR solely for other people, I enjoy playing it for myself too. I DD, and 11 sticking can get in the way at times.
Bismarck.Altkey said:
Easy enough, don't go for 11's on evoker's. There's a good argument to be made just for stopping at 6+ and then snake eye off 9.
This is a good suggestion too, for times when you just don't want that 11. I still think there are times when having 11 on the mages is really helpful though. Depends on what you want to do, or what the party needs. :)
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Server: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-07-24 19:00:38
Link | Quote | Reply

i hate the 11 rules
what i hate more is if a i roll a 11 then 2 others below 11

with my rolls merited up to 6m timers, the 11 wears off same time as a non 11 2 rolls later, then im stuck looking like bad cor for 1 full min waiting on phantom recast >.>

wish they would just remodify it to 11's not sticking to COR, just on the ppl that recieved or something

im a dd cor tho, i "went" cor/war to meripos and would hit 2k slugshots with drk roll/warcry/berserk

as of recent update, i stopped rolling on 6's for mages
unless im in a full mage party, like the rare times i can use in a BLM party
 Sylph.Maruraba
user: Maruraba
By Sylph.Maruraba 2010-07-24 19:14:51
Link | Quote | Reply

The 11 rules bugged me at first, but now I've come to like them both for making my rolling job easier so I can concentrate on DD. Yeah, it offsets the rhythm a bit, but not so much that I can't handle it. And in situations where I hit an 11 that's extremely useful, it's great to have. 10 minutes of higher EXP, Attack, or even Magic Defense against nastier bosses? Oh yeah, hard to complain about that.