Forum » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » Member page improvements, NPC pricing, etc
Member page improvements, NPC pricing, etc
 Leviathan.Cymmina
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Cymmina
By Leviathan.Cymmina 2008-02-05 11:07:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I use my member's page a lot to track things I want to buy/sell, but it's a bit of a pain to remove (and especially painful to move items to a different list). It would be nice if there were less clicks to edit those lists. The item sets should have links from the member page to directly edit them, as opposed to going to item list editing then edit the desired item set.

It seems strange that I can rearrange my friends list, but I cant rearrange my item watch lists.

There are a number of recipes that *would* be profitable if it weren't for the horribly skewed prices of certain items on the auction house. For instance, San d'Orian flour has an average price of 1000 gil on Leviathan, but sells for 55 at a regional vendor with max fame. I understand some people don't have the time to go to the appropriate city to get the cheapest prices, but these people probably aren't using the synth as their livelihood, either. A "use NPC price" option could be added for the items that have fixed prices like regional vendors, ignoring guild prices (which may or may not be cheaper). Or a value a user can set for each individual item to indicate the maximum they are willing to pay for it.

Can you get rid of the fixed width item watch list on the member's page? I don't have my browser maximized, and it causes horizontal scrolling for no reason. The watch list column is twice as wide as its contents. I'm currently using bazaar/wanted and item sets only, no player sets.

Why doesn't the item watch list page always have the "add" option available? Why do you have to click on the add link, which takes you to the same page but with an add field?
 Unicorn.Claquesous
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Claquesous 2008-02-06 14:25:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree that instead of just being straight text, the item sets' name should be a link to http://www.ffxiah.com/members/?q=item_sets&set_id=XXXXX where XXXXX is the item set number.

NPC prices used to be listed on the item page if they existed, but those disappeared either when they added Guild points, or when WotG came out and the lists became incomplete (due to new NPCs). Personally, I liked having them there as a reference. As far as including the NPC price in the price calculation, I'm going to have to disagree. The markup on items that are buyable at NPCs are generally compensation for the sellers time spent gathering the items. Are you really going to spend the time and gil to travel to and from San d'Oria to save 945 gil? If you want to buy 50, then clearly this makes sense but a program like ffxiah.com can't really determine what your intentions are. To me, using the AH price makes the most sense and is most likely the easiest to implement.

The fixed width is extremely annoying to me as well. Even worse, the popup "Members Menu" no longer works if you have a horizontal scroll. Personally, I'd love to see all the different boxes on the Home page be drag and droppable kind of like iGoogle.

I agree that the Members Menu link for Item Sets should include "&add=1" in the URL.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2008-02-08 14:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

NPC prices are kind of tough, actually. There's a few conflicting issues going on with them:

1) They can't be automatically collected. We have to slurp these from other sites (which we lean towards not doing when we can avoid it,) which usually get their numbers from user-reported figures anyway. It sort of goes against our policy of relying purely on auto-generated data for accuracy.

2) They depend greatly on fame level and therefore are never completely accurate.

3) The items are not always available due to region/Conquest controls.

4) A lot of users were complaining that the item pages were already far too cluttered and cumbersome already.

As for the Members Menu, yeah. It's kind of broken mid-revamp right now. A lot of that stuff got interrupted by the sudden issues with POL account security.