Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Teal Slops vs Mah. Slops
Teal Slops vs Mah. Slops
 Pandemonium.Anookulchandra
Server: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2010-07-19 03:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

And let the flaming begin!!!!!! *dings bell*

Seriously though..... I'm having a rough time here trying to figure out if teal slops beat them outright or maybe macro in teal slops for int based enfeebs only? I've looked it up as far as stats go but maybe my brain just is rotting at 3:41 am while waiting for my FFXI to download on my laptop so I can play again. So when I come back I'm not sure if I should just say bye bye or say well *goes back to rudolph christmas movie* silver and gold song comes to mind.

slops for slow, para, and ect? I'm already at wits end still using jets btw for healing macro as well.. i really don't wanna keep around 3 pants....

teal for grav, bind, and overall nuking? *cries some one help me out please*
[+]
 Alexander.Magicmachine
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Magicmachine 2010-07-19 04:07:43
Link | Quote | Reply

i may not be the best to give it advise but on my blm i use teal to nuke in and mah. slops just for stone skin. that just what i use though i really havnt tested much
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-07-19 04:08:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like you already know the answer. You know which spells have potency effected by INT/MND, so it's up to you to decide when you wanna give up that potency for a higher chance at landing the spell. Whether you replace one pair of pants altogether determines whether you want to always give up that potency for macc.

The fact that you didn't mention nuking suggest you already know Teal wins hands down there.

Personally, I'd probably ditch the jet. Sure they're better than mahatma for curing, but it's by such a miniscule amount, and mahatma is better for everything else.
 Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-07-19 04:19:49
Link | Quote | Reply

^

You did answer you own question lol.

And what Blaz said, toss Jets.
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2010-07-19 04:30:03
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah i wasn't sure if i did the math right though for mah. slops on enfeebing on slow and para. I guess I did thanks guys. Unless some one still feels that it's wrong. Guess I'll keep both.
 Bahamut.Paulus
Server: Bahamut
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2010-07-19 04:32:12
Link | Quote | Reply

So little inventory space. So much gear.
[+]
 Asura.Shamaya
Server: Asura
user: Shamaya
By Asura.Shamaya 2010-07-20 00:07:23
Link | Quote | Reply

For RDM I'll be using Teal for stuff like bind/grav that doesn't have any set potency and simply needs to land. I'll continue to use Mahatma for slow/para/(blind?), but I probably need to make a m.acc set for debuffs for HNM'y fights. I'm sure there is a mob of high enough level where you should Slow/Para in Teal over Mahatma.

Meanwhile I think I'll be needing the Teal for my RDM nukes ;X
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-20 07:50:13
Link | Quote | Reply

If there was a mob with enough magic evasoin you'd need more macc on... there is a decent chance that it's stats will be high enough where mahatma would end up having the same as teal
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2010-07-21 06:09:27
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah sometimes i get so lost in the numbers and trying to find out what situations it's better in. thanks for all the help guys it's been hard coming back after 4months.
 Midgardsormr.Soki
Server: Midgardsormr
user: soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2010-07-21 07:31:28
Link | Quote | Reply

if you r a blm, sub nin and go all int

HA

but really, teal slops add up to 11 int right? with 3 macc
and the others are only 8 int.
so with spells that need mnd, duh,. 8mnd
and spells(damage and dot blm ones) 11 int?
 Asura.Angelous
user: angelous
By Asura.Angelous 2010-08-03 18:40:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay so I finally bothered to test the dmg on these suckas, I was in an aby pt as lvl 80blm/rdm

Setup used:

HQ staves, ele grips, phantom tathlum, Relic head, Aesir Torque, moldy earring, magnetic earring, genie weskit, zmitts, sorc ring, tamas ring, ixion cape, witch sash and goliard cloggs

Switched out Mahatma slopps and Teal Slopps on T4/T5 and AMII nukes.

Sadly my mahatma slopps have now been reduced to S/S macro, when unresisted Teal Slopps performed better on nukes everytime, was a maraginal increasse like 10-12 dmg tops but still.

If your one of those who doesnt mind so much on there gear or occasionally plays blm then its a personal choice between the 2, but for a career BLM, teal wins ; ;

Id love to see these tested versus Morrigan legs though! but ill leave that to a seperate thread (plus i dont have em to test lol).
 Asura.Serano
user: Serano
By Asura.Serano 2010-08-03 18:59:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Already a topic like this~