users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Leveling PLD
Leveling PLD
 Fenrir.Gradd
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-07-07 21:34:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Like I said you are a lost cause and I am done arguing with you.

Have fun staying in 2004.

Moblin Maze Mongers Do it up~
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-07-07 21:36:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Right. It's 2004 to use /WAR tanking in parties over /NIN. And /WAR offers absolutely no DD potential at all. Good logic.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-07-08 06:46:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Utsusemi pulls more hate than Voke, duh.
 Valefor.Jimmysnuka
Server: Valefor
user: Thud
By Valefor.Jimmysnuka 2010-07-08 07:09:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the posts all.

I'll probably take pld up with j/j as per most recommendations. I'll give /sam gsword a try and see how it compares and let you know though. (Thanks for the 1 more STP tip, I thought it was 11 extra STP needed, not 12)

As for my situation with attonment, sadly it's not a huge priority. 95% of raids, I attend as sam. My playtime is very casual now and I hate wasting any of it shouting for help in town when there is so much to do. It's definitely on my to-do list though, would love to have it!

Thanks again for the posts; I’ll let you know which works out better!
 Siren.Catabolic
Server: Siren
user: Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2010-07-08 07:39:40
Link | Quote | Reply

first off jimmy, cool name. I'm still working on pld myself but I'd have to say stay far away from GS. If you can get joytoy (which was made much much easier with the cap increase) it does about 13.76 dps which id think(correct me if im wrong) is way more than anything you will get on GS.

Also, this is a game. whoever was calling ppl gimp and saying don't bother to level it if you don't have certain gear or ws's needs to get over themselves. Skills will always be way way more important than gear and ws's. Be concerned with capping skills before anything else. If you want to level the job and you enjoy the job do it. I'm nowhere near endgame for pld but the best pld's i've seen on my server all use shields. If you have joytoy you aren't losing much offensively to equip a shield, and considering PLD's shield grade(A+), id say not using one is pretty foolish.

Don't listen to the uppity elitists unless they're actually trying to help instead of having a self love fest. Go out and enjoy the job.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Server: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2010-07-08 15:32:31
Link | Quote | Reply

What ^he said.

I personally <3 PLD/DNC + Joyeuse for soro :3

That and SAM/DNC are two of my favorites.