Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Perle Hauberk in coast
Perle Hauberk in coast
 Leviathan.Aneu
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Luz
By Leviathan.Aneu 2010-07-04 16:14:51
Link | Quote | Reply

So thought I'd bring this to some peoples' attention so they don't follow the same misinforming posters taking shots at my compliments of this piece of armor. Not going into endgame (too many variables) but just some perspective on new bird camps in the coast. Going to pretty much keep this vary brief, this is about capping ACC as WAR/SAM... I've kind of been obsessed with getting to use WAR/SAM (Hasso fulltiming) since I did my first merit party with a real merit DNC (Niniann).

The set is (too lazy to make set to link):
Bonesplitter-Pole-X-Bomblet
Walahra-PCC-Hollow-Brutal
Perle-Dusk-Blitz-Rajas
Forager's-Swift-Haidate-Aurum

This is what FFXI Calculator said with stats I input, used this for Elvaan WAR/SAM DEX value, yes the value I input doesn't match that... I have DEX merits... I love DEX what can I say. Level and evasion values for mob taken from wiki, and yes I did use the high level values:

Yes, it does say .9% off cap, but the calculator doesn't go above level 75. You'd be a level 78 vs 84 mob which I think would cap your accuracy? Not sure how level affects acc/att cause I'm a noob and all. Just wanted to show this piece can be viable in some situations... If you have Dusk+1 feet I can see Hauby+1 still being better but otherwise I think Perle holds its own here. Honestly this piece has some uses, people going crazy trying to make their Hauby+1s look better in every situation.

tl;dr: You can use Perle body and still pop curry with capped acc.

Disclaimer: This thread does not condone selling your hauby.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-07-04 16:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

You can get the updated version of the calculator, it goes over 80.

Interesting though.
[+]
 Leviathan.Aneu
By Leviathan.Aneu 2010-07-04 16:22:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra said:
You can get the updated version of the calculator, it goes over 80.

Interesting though.

I feel silly now, thanks for telling me though :D
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2010-07-04 16:31:41
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Fenrir.Luarania
Server: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-07-04 16:34:08
Link | Quote | Reply

._. just put mine up, along with dusk.

Slightly regretting it but I think in the end it will be a good deal since I don't really make a lot of money. I want to get pieces of Perle as quick as I can, that set alone will replace a lot of what I use right now.
 Leviathan.Aneu
By Leviathan.Aneu 2010-07-04 16:39:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Luarania said:
._. just put mine up, along with dusk.

Slightly regretting it but I think in the end it will be a good deal since I don't really make a lot of money. I want to get pieces of Perle as quick as I can, that set alone will replace a lot of what I use right now.

If you're not 3/3 on the good homam pieces (or have hands/legs/feet that all give 3%), Perle set is really good I think... Walahra+Swift+3/3 Homam is 18% Haste. Full Perle+Swift is 17%, in return you get a lot more DD stats than using some pieces that only give Haste (Walahra and Dusk).
 Phoenix.Airbag
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-07-04 16:40:01
Link | Quote | Reply

cool story
 Fenrir.Luarania
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-07-04 16:49:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly I feel the only thing missing out between Homam and full Perle is fast cast.

Honestly for Homam you get 1% more haste, uh, some 70-80 HP/MP, Fast Cast and.. thats all I recall.

For Perle you get more Defense, STR/DEX 1 more accuracy (Unless Hauby/+1 is being worn) and +25 attack and more importantly Enmity, which only Homam hands have.

I do think both sets are acceptable at this point, but (and I don't nor have seen data) I feel that Perle tanking wise for PLD will beat 3/3 Homam with Turban and Hauby. You are getting way more out of Perle it seems than you are with Homam.

Not to derail it much but I've been thinking on this since Perle was announced.
 Leviathan.Aneu
By Leviathan.Aneu 2010-07-04 16:53:32
Link | Quote | Reply

DD stat wise for Atonement spam I haven't compared the two yet, but at the very least I would still shoot for the 3/3 homam because if you're tanking stuff PLD/NIN you want as much haste as you can get in your utsus/Flashes. If one second off utsu saves you from one hit, your CE value doesn't diminish. So Haste is still as important as ever.

Edit: I didn't mean my posts to sound as rude/presumptuous as they read, sorry if they sounded elitist ><
 Fenrir.Vazerus
user: Vazerus
By Fenrir.Vazerus 2010-07-04 17:08:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess it comes down to this:

1) If you don't do endgame, the full Perle set is fine.

2) If you aren't a homam job, but have byakko's haidate (WAR for example), your best build will be turban/dusk hands/haidate/aurom boots or dusk boots

3) If you are a homam job and have 3/3 of the important pieces, or are in the process of getting them, I'd stick with turban/homamx3.
[+]