lazy Bard
First Page 2 3
 Fenrir.Eneas
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2010-06-22 17:32:04
Link | Quote | Reply

In my server there is a Bard that refuse to pull (sub nin) and will accept party just if his friend gets invited too.
I am a 75 bard and the biggest asset of having a bard in a party (and most fun)for me is the bard puller.
This is concerning the levelling process. i do have Ither subs levelled for other situations.

I am not the perfect bard i know but that attitude for me is a bit demanding considering that a bard can afford to refuse any level sync.

What you all bard think about it?
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-22 18:25:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep I've had brds and cors that refuse to do their part of the job, I just easily tell them it wont really work out and I'd rather not have a party than level up with gimps that make life a pain on the ***.
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-06-22 18:58:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Eneas said:
What you all bard think about it?
Its normally someone you wouldn't want pulling anyway.
 Diabolos.Ghlin
Server: Diabolos
user: Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2010-06-22 19:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

bard pulling is what makes a bard party so much better. don't invite him. i'm the type that has no problem kicking people that don't meet a certain standard. let me emphasize that i don't kick people who are average, but i do kick people who are terrible or are doing it wrong. i have kicked someone for not using food as a melee once, but he also sucked elsewhere.
[+]
 Fenrir.Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2010-06-22 19:33:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Ghlin said:
bard pulling is what makes a bard party so much better. don't invite him. i'm the type that has no problem kicking people that don't meet a certain standard. let me emphasize that i don't kick people who are average, but i do kick people who are terrible or are doing it wrong. i have kicked someone for not using food as a melee once, but he also sucked elsewhere.

Yeah, but i usually dont kick someone out of the blue, i took the habit to go in exp party with spare equipments to borrow to the gimp player, and get it back when he leaves.
Its a pain in the *** but this is how ppl play since the introducton of level sync (e.g. the paladin that wonders why he cant keep hate etc)
lol
 Diabolos.Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2010-06-22 19:36:30
Link | Quote | Reply

well you're nicer than most.
 Fenrir.Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2010-06-22 19:44:29
Link | Quote | Reply

50% nicer 50% wanting to have a better exp/hour :P
 Diabolos.Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2010-06-22 20:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm not damning him for doing his thing (the guy on fenrir) or you for doing your thing. but on that same note, if i want a more amped-up party, i'm not going to be pleased w/ someone who wants to be lazy. will i settle? more often than not, yes. but if it's to the point where it's so bad, i'm not afraid to start replacing people.

does being lazy mean someone IS lazy all the time. first impressions are strong ones. so idk. if you're not feeling like merit party pull whoring, idk, do what you want. but the people who are inviting and setting up parties will also do what they want.
 Fenrir.Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2010-06-22 21:55:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Stubbs said:
I don't merit very often. On the rare occasion that I do, there are times where I just want a relaxing party where I don't have to pull. Pulling 35k /hour is a bit of a chore when the rest of your party stands around repeating 2 or 3 macros over and over for hours on end. I don't do this every time, I have pulled for my fair share of parties.

I don't think that I'm really being a *** to anyone by doing it either, as I clearly specify in my seacom that I am not interested in pulling that day. Most people feel the urge to use this as an opportunity to tell me what a lazy piece of trash I am for not serving them easy exp on a silver platter. I'm used to it, I tell them to move on because I already have. If you're so butthurt about there not being enough bards to go around for fast merits then go ahead and level bard yourself and pull your own 35k ; not like bard has any difficulty at all getting invites 1-75.

If you still think that what I do is such a crime, QQ to SE about how bard is such an overpowered job that will make or break every party and needs to be nerfed to even things out. SE likes nerfing things.

That said, I had no problem getting a chiggoe burn earlier today...and we didn't even need a puller!

Edit: If I'm not pulling, I'm definitely /whm and helping heal removing status debuffs.
it was not in a merit party situation.
i am just saying that we as bards can pretty much have the privilege on refusing level syncs.
this said this guy would just accept invite IF his friend was invited too.
on top of that he sub whm and refused to pull.
one condition too many in my opinion. and im a bard too.
if i knew that i would have gotten a dnc or a smn as a support for healer/buffs.
 Siren.Krystale
Server: Siren
user: vaness
By Siren.Krystale 2010-06-22 22:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I never refuse to pull but yeah lazy bard is fun sometimes.But yeah seen a bunch of bard refusing to pull, a bit frustrating
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-22 22:16:27
Link | Quote | Reply

if brd doesnt pull who does @.@ many cors do better job as cor/rng or cor/whm if necesary.

ive been rdm/nin puller before though lol for the lulz.
 Sylph.Ixe
Server: Sylph
user: Ixe
By Sylph.Ixe 2010-06-22 22:17:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate being the lazy BRD
It makes the pt go so much slower then normal D:
 Siren.Krystale
By Siren.Krystale 2010-06-22 22:17:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
if brd doesnt pull who does @.@ many cors do better job as cor/rng or cor/whm if necesary. ive been rdm/nin puller before though lol for the lulz.
lol'd there "hey man could you dp rdm/nin could use some1 to pull up there.........heh what?!.../logoff
 Bismarck.Rinako
Server: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-06-22 22:21:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I prefer to pull as BRD;

I applaud those that can play BRD without pulling because I honestly get too bored and would rather go delevel then sit in a exp pt casting songs doing pretty much nothing. I don't see it as being lazy only because some people prefer to play a job a certain way and others prefer it in a more demanding way. I personally feel it's more work for me to be 'lazy' then it is to pull. If a BRD doesnt want to pull then its your choice to decide if you want to accept the BRD or not. If you don't like it don't invite them; I don't think of it as lazy because 90% of the time I'm in a BRDx2 pt and there needs to be a brd that is willing to be 'lazy' and I for one would refuse to be the lazy BRD because that's just now how I enjoy playing BRD.

In some merit pts; if the jobs are good and the players are experienced; the healers barely need to do anything but haste and toss a cure here and there, but they're not considered lazy. If the 'lazy' BRD is willing to help cure/elegy/cast songs and toss sleeps here and there if they're needed they're ok with me; I don't see that as lazy.
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-22 22:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Krystale said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
if brd doesnt pull who does @.@ many cors do better job as cor/rng or cor/whm if necesary. ive been rdm/nin puller before though lol for the lulz.
lol'd there "hey man could you dp rdm/nin could use some1 to pull up there.........heh what?!.../logoff

haha well we had been meripo long time and the idea came up randomly when brd left i couldnt refuse to try, it was very tiering but abit fun, i wouldnt do it again @.@~ we did get a whm to rep brd when he left, no way i couldve pulled and main healed!
 Siren.Krystale
By Siren.Krystale 2010-06-22 22:24:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Siren.Krystale said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
haha well we had been meripo long time and the idea came up randomly when brd left i couldnt refuse to try, it was very tiering but abit fun, i wouldnt do it again @.@~ we did get a whm to rep brd when he left, no way i couldve pulled and main healed!
ah well, changed from the usual refresh/haste/cure ect... like to pull in dyna as rdm <3 changed from the usual tralalala rdm usual do
 Leviathan.Natsuchii
Server: Leviathan
user: Natsuchii
By Leviathan.Natsuchii 2010-06-22 23:13:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Eneas said:
i do have Ither subs levelled for other situations.

Your WHM sub is 36.

Here's the door. Use it.
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-23 09:08:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Natsuchii said:
Fenrir.Eneas said:

Your WHM sub is 36.

Here's the door. Use it.

lol same thing i was thinking...
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
user: Katniss
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-06-23 09:18:44
Link | Quote | Reply

i personally dont enjoy playing BRD at all. i like it for missions or ISNM, because i dont have to /sea all brd and bug ppl or shout.
but for merit, i'd only go /whm if ppl would ask me to (i would never seek on BRD for merits <.<) but some ppl know i got it. so if theyre ok i come /whm, cant blame me for not wanting to pull on a job i dont even like.
and yes, when i first started to level brd i liked it - but after doing endgame as brd im just sick of it for now :>
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-06-23 09:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Last night on my bard, I was giving the melee two songs (third of ballad 2 for the blu) and the mage 2 songs via pianissimo, pulling and sleeping, and all this being done in a roaming camp.

***is a lot more fun when you're constantly busy. I can see why people hate bard if all they do is lazy it up.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-23 09:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

If the bard isn't willing to pull, that brd doesn't have a party. ESPECIALLY NOW.

/sea all inv 75-80
116 people foundin all areas
Note: The list of people found has been truncated.

Be on your A game because every camp is packed and if you don't want to do the job, I'm sure one of the 116 people will be happy to come take your spot.
[+]
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-06-23 09:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
If the bard isn't willing to pull, that brd doesn't have a party. ESPECIALLY NOW.

/sea all inv 75-80
116 people foundin all areas
Note: The list of people found has been truncated.

Be on your A game because every camp is packed and if you don't want to do the job, I'm sure one of the 116 people will be happy to come take your spot.

start an exp party when i come home later :P you can have my rdm :3
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-23 09:22:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol I already dinged 80 on mnk yesterday. No intentions on lv'ing anything else for at least 2-3 weeks when this ***dies down. EVERY camp is taken right now lol even ppl in KRT
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-06-23 09:24:09
Link | Quote | Reply

i was busy irl yesterday :P so i only dinged 76 :< i want 80 by friday night.
 Alexander.Jukie
Server: Alexander
user: Jukie
By Alexander.Jukie 2010-06-23 09:28:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I go nuts if I don't pull as a brd. If there's another person pulling then I'll sub /cor or something for exp roll. The only thing that really really bugs me is if there's another brd or cor in the pt and they start pulling random mobs whilst I'm pulling. It really messes with my pull rhythem.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-23 09:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Screw rhythm, lol demolish asap, get more exp, crush the enemy, ravage their land, rape their women, plunder their treasure. If you're

If we're at V and you're at Y and pulling the mob at Z and a mob pos at W or X, get the mob that can be killed fastest, aka the closest one to the group, lol.
[+]
 Ifrit.Cright
Server: Ifrit
user: Crighton
By Ifrit.Cright 2010-06-23 09:33:03
Link | Quote | Reply

The bard that can pull 30k+ hour needs to be paid^^
 Asura.Othirin
Server: Asura
user: scapular
By Asura.Othirin 2010-06-23 09:48:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think i have ever been support bard in a merit party, always /nin. only because every bard lfp is /whm (which is really getting annoying now). And if a cor is /whm >_>;;;; shame on them!
 Fenrir.Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2010-06-23 11:54:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Natsuchii said:
Fenrir.Eneas said:

Your WHM sub is 36.

Here's the door. Use it.

uhm yes you are right, i should have gone that level more when i was levelling whm. but personally i really hate healing.
now i'll have to get it to 49.
And actually yea Natsu, but 1 level on my sub WHM wont make me or break me on an endgame situation. other factors come into play, like your skill and the team as a whole.
[+]
First Page 2 3