Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » PLD Gear Sets
PLD Gear Sets
 Bismarck.Toabea
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Enygma3
By Bismarck.Toabea 2010-06-15 19:23:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Been searching the web for a few days now, still haven't found a comprehensive guide of PLD gear sets.

Looking for a few people to posts thier sets they use on PLD.

Enmity
Haste(Ichi Casting)
Haste(Everything Else)
Fire Resist Setup
Magic Dmg Reduction Setup
/war Tanking Gear
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-06-15 19:39:52
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3097696&amp%3bpostcount=1221

Not perfect and have been extended a lot since etc but a decent start.
[+]
 Bismarck.Toabea
By Bismarck.Toabea 2010-06-15 19:47:32
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks thats what i was looking for, anyone have a fire resist set they can post?
[+]
 Ifrit.Hitoseijuro
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Hitoseijuro 2010-06-15 20:14:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Fireset
Outside of tiamat, you dont need the shield/sword. As a matter of fact even for that you dont need it as 150+ is enough, but its enough to cover any shortcomings a whm has.

Sweet spot for tiamat is 320-330, Cerberus/Sara 250~ish, I think the ksnm99 Wyrm is also 250~ish? someone correct me on that.

*edit, note* whm gives around 100-120~ish with bars, brd gives 50 with carol.
[+]
 Cerberus.Ghostofonyx
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Ghostofonyx 2010-06-15 20:27:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3097696&postcount=1221

Not perfect and have been extended a lot since etc but a decent start.

I have a question. When using your Cure cheat set; how do you put on HP down and HP Up gear? Do you use spellcast for it or some other way?
[+]
 Ifrit.Hitoseijuro
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Hitoseijuro 2010-06-15 20:31:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Ghostofonyx said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3097696&postcount=1221 Not perfect and have been extended a lot since etc but a decent start.
I have a question. When using your Cure cheat set; how do you put on HP down and HP Up gear? Do you use spellcast for it or some other way?
Can do it on a few macros if you play on xbox or if you have windower can do it all on 1 script(1 script for each cure type) or 2 macros(1 for down, 1 for up+cure). You dont need spellcast to do it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-06-15 20:38:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't started writing Spellcast for my PLD yet (am gonna start it tonight though); I'll type you my PLD curecheat macro:

/console exec paladin_nin_cure4pre.txt
/wait 2
/console exec paladin_nin_cure4.txt
/ma "Cure IV" <me>

EDIT: With /wait 1 occasionally it won't register the hp down effect in time. There's probably a decimal between 1 and 2 which is optimal but ingame macros can't use decimals.
 Bismarck.Toabea
By Bismarck.Toabea 2010-06-15 20:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
<if Advanced='"%HPP">=85 AND "%MPP"<=50 AND

"$Tiamat" == "0"'>
<equip when="aftercast|done|engaged|idle">
<neck>Parade Gorget</neck>
</equip>
</if>
<if HPPLT="50" Advanced='"$Tiamat" == "0"'>
<lring>Hercules' Ring</lring>
</equip>
</if>
<if MPPLT="50" Advanced='"$Tiamat" == "0"'

NotBuffActive="Cover">
<body>Ares's Cuirass</body>
</equip>
</if>

I found this on bluegartr, is this correct for refresh items? What is Tiamat? The persons name? Im confused on these... also can anyone help me out if those are right and tell me what i could do.... Basically i want parade gorget on whenever its available and PCC when its not, same with hercules' ring, i want something else besides hercules' unless its active but im having trouble programmming to to say when 1-49HP% and when over 50% for ring.

Cerberus.Ghostofonyx
By Cerberus.Ghostofonyx 2010-06-15 20:53:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, I think I understand now! Thanks a lot for the help! :D
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-06-15 20:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

This basically says:

If %HP is greater than or equal to 85 and %MP is less than ore equal to 50 and the variable Tiamat = 0,

Equip Parade Gorget. If HP% is less than 50 and the variable Tiamat = 0, equip Hercules Ring.

If MP% is less than 50% and the variable Tiamat = 0, equip Ares's Cuirass.

Tiamat is a variable here which they presumably change to 1 when fighting Tiamat (probably so it doesn't put these items over their Fire Resist gear).

Also I'm not sure the above syntax will work. You have to use >= for "greater than or equal to" and <= for "less than or equal to".

EDIT: Forum code automatically changed it :( look it up on http://windower.net/plugins/spellcast/rules but you can't just copy and paste the code above.
 Bismarck.Toabea
By Bismarck.Toabea 2010-06-15 21:10:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for all the help guys <3 i figured it out :)

when hercules' ring not being used for enmity or when its active should i be using rajas ring or blitz ring do you think?
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-06-15 21:19:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Toabea said:
Thanks for all the help guys <3 i figured it out :)

when hercules' ring not being used for enmity or when its active should i be using rajas ring or blitz ring do you think?

hit off of atonement would be better than 1% melee haste imo... of course you would still want to swap in blitz for shadows/flash during sentinel

in capped acc situations, may want to consider using both

Bismarck.Toabea
By Bismarck.Toabea 2010-06-15 21:25:31
Link | Quote | Reply

yea i use blitz ring in macro for shadows, enmity rings for flash, just trying to figure out what ring to use when idling and hercules' ring not active to pair up with shadow ring, basically just need an idle left ring(rajas ring or blitz ring) to be the 2nd ring next to shadow ring when hercules's ring not active and not casting shadows.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-06-15 21:33:29
Link | Quote | Reply

TPAtonement: Snipers < Toreador's + Rajas. You will never cap accuracy on anything worthwhile so Blitz doesn't come into play here.

Straight tanking: Hercules (active)/Jelly (if not) + Shadow Ring since you have it.

Basically if you want to Atonement tank, you do it all the way or just stick to a defensive build.
 Leviathan.Willoflame
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Willoflame 2010-06-15 21:37:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Toabea said:
Been searching the web for a few days now, still haven't found a comprehensive guide of PLD gear sets.

Enmity
Haste(Ichi Casting)
Haste(Everything Else)
Fire Resist Setup
/war Tanking Gear

PLD Shield+

PLD Haste+

PLD Enmity+

PLD /war tanking

PLD -MDT build

PLD Fire resist

My gear sets aren't perfect, or close to perfect, but hopefully they will give you a general idea. PLD isn't my main job or even close to my main job either so I haven't put much work into it. See: my earrings are pretty static, lol.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-06-15 21:44:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Willoflame said:
Bismarck.Toabea said:

Enmity
Haste(Ichi Casting)
Haste(Everything Else)
Fire Resist Setup
/war Tanking Gear

PLD Shield

PLD Haste

PLD Enmity

PLD /war tanking

PLD -MDT build

PLD Fire resist

My gear sets aren't perfect, or close to perfect, but hopefully they will give you a general idea. PLD isn't my main job or even close to my main job either so I haven't put much work into it. See: my earrings are pretty static, lol.

how can you have so many nice pieces of gear and then no joyeuse ;;

i guess sattva is for nin

do you have a tp set?
 Leviathan.Willoflame
By Leviathan.Willoflame 2010-06-15 21:52:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah, my PLD is on another char (Galka). Has no atonement, has no joytoy.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-06-15 21:55:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah, my PLD is on another char (Galka). Has no atonement, has no joytoy.

you've made me extremely sad tonight ;;

Leviathan.Willoflame
By Leviathan.Willoflame 2010-06-15 21:59:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Haha, sorry! I wish I cared more but I hate Nyzul really bad, and I don't play PLD enough to really care that much. I'll try to get some floors done for you though <3.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-06-15 22:08:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Haha, sorry! I wish I cared more but I hate Nyzul really bad, and I don't play PLD enough to really care that much. I'll try to get some floors done for you though <3.

i... i... got atonement while i was on floor 25... i... and the blood cuisses... i... *sob*
 Bismarck.Magnumatic
By Bismarck.Magnumatic 2010-06-15 22:34:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
i... i... got atonement while i was on floor 25... i... and the blood cuisses... i... *sob*

I felt worste when I heard that you achieved Atonement at floor 25, then hearing that he didn't have a Joyeuse on his secondary account...

I have all 20 Mythics, and I didn't start one before I had floor 100 ._.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-06-16 00:34:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, missed your question about Spellcast.

Unless I suck at using it (which I shouldn't anymore! Wrote my fifth script from scratch for it today, stupidly powerful PLD script)...

<!-- Parade Gorget and Hercules' Ring rules -->
<if advanced='%HP>=$ParadeGorgetHP%SubJob'>
<action type="var" cmd="set UnengagedNeck Parade Gorget" />
<action type="var" cmd="set DefTPNeck Parade Gorget" />
</if>
<if advanced='%HP<=$HerculesRingHP%SubJob'>
<action type="var" cmd="set UnengagedRing1 Hercules' Ring" />
</if>

Where I have bolded, you are not to use >= and <= tags. You need, without the spaces between the characters

& g t ; =
& l t ; =

For "greater than or equal to" and "less than or equal to" respectively, stuck exactly where the actual symbols are on the above.

To explain my code, since I figured that you'd only wear these items in an idle set, my HP during the idle set would be the important one to consider. Therefore I set up variables of my HP under these conditions for each subjob. Spellcast then reads your HP and compares it to the variable "ParadeGorgetHPxxx" where xxx is the subjob in question. %Subjob returns your current Subjob so you don't need a load of if tags etc to verify which subjob you are.

The action type is to change variables since this is my preferred way of changing gear. You can reference variables in gear slots by

<neck>$UnengagedNeck</neck>

for instance.

EDIT: The main benefit of using variables to equip stuff is unlike simply equipping it when these conditions are met (as per the script above), this guarantees it will still only be equipped in the sets you want it to be equipped in, without having to set tedious other rules etc.

Just note if using my methods you'll have to put a "variable reset" somewhere in your code so you don't ALWAYS use those items. Basically just a <action type="var" cmd="set xxx xxx"> BEFORE the above rule, so the above rule can modify said set if conditions are met.

Hope this makes sense~ very tired so people can probably correct me if I've messed up.
 Leviathan.Scorch
By Leviathan.Scorch 2010-06-16 01:33:00
Link | Quote | Reply

MDB

Magic Damage %-

Not really sure if money is an issue or not. Swap in gear from both that will suit you budget wise. In situations where you can't get either MDB or Magic Reduction swap in HP+ gear, which is why you will see Cassie Earring in my MDB (Could use Merman's Earring) and Ritter in both, as there is currently no MDB/Magic Reduction piece for your neck.

Edit: Come to think of it Valhalla Helm would be much better in place of Coral Visor +1 as its Damage Taken -

You're prolly easier off with whats posted anyway.
 Leviathan.Scorch
By Leviathan.Scorch 2010-06-16 01:37:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Enmity

This gear is deffinitely difficult to obtain, personally I do not own this gear. Swapping in Aegishjalmr (300k - 500k Purchasing from an LS) for the head, Iron Ram where appropriate, and Going NQ on things like Cerb +1 and Hades Earrings +1. If you do want to strive for this gear though, more power to you. Hades +1 Should be the last Enmity slot you work on 3.4m for +4 Enmity really isn't a priority.
 Leviathan.Scorch
By Leviathan.Scorch 2010-06-16 01:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Paladin TP

Swapping in Homam or NQ Dusk where appropriate. Haubergeon/+1 for Body. Suppa is much better for your Ear, Aesir I would say is second if you already have an earring chosen. Obviously Swap in Swift if you can't get Velocious Belt.
 Leviathan.Scorch
By Leviathan.Scorch 2010-06-16 01:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Fire Resist

Swap in gear for affordable alternatives NQ etc.
 Leviathan.Scorch
By Leviathan.Scorch 2010-06-16 02:06:41
Link | Quote | Reply

PLD/WAR Damage %

Obviously swap in Patronus ring for Defending Ring and NQ for HQ items that you can't obtain. Askar Feet are a nice alternative to Darksteel Feet.

PLD/WAR DEF

Obviously swap in Koenig for Kaiser pieces you can't obtain and other HQ's for NQs

Edit: Mix and Match what you can to suit what you're doing
 Leviathan.Scorch
By Leviathan.Scorch 2010-06-16 02:25:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Paladin Shield/Haste Utsusemi: Ichi Set

Obviously Ninurta's Sash is better but good luck with that.

PLD Haste

Pretty much the same as my PLD TP but thats what you'll be using this sort of haste for anyway. If that 1% Haste from Sent. Shield is worth it to you, by all means use it, otherwise back to Koenig. Dusk +1 is obviously a step up from Homam but it comes at a high price. If you can afford the Dusk +1 and want it, go for it.

Edit: Apologize for the multiple posts but I didn't have all the gear sets ready at the time. Hope this was of some help.
 Asura.Chareos
Server: Asura
user: chareos
By Asura.Chareos 2010-06-16 09:29:31
Link | Quote | Reply

My atonement idle set's pretty attainable with a little work and saving, there are obvious high-tier upgrades like vbelt, homam legs/ASA and Toreador's (saving for atm)

Cerberus.Deadplaything
By Cerberus.Deadplaything 2010-06-16 15:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Pld tp -
Ichi-
Idle-
Just a preview if you want to see all click on my name.