Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Lv.30 PLD Gear
Lv.30 PLD Gear
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-06-03 03:30:51
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the gear I've picked out for when I ding on my PLD, I have Exactitude Mantle for when I'm solo and Breath for in PT's.

I'm looking for some relatively cheap (or at least, long lasting) suggestions for ways I can make it better. I dunno whether or not the Eisen/Kampf set would be any use because I carry my porta-pl everywhere >_> so if things look like they could get ugly, I know I'm pretty safe.

Sidenote: PLD is so much easier to gear at 75.. /stagger
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
Server: Carbuncle
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-03 03:40:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said:
This is the gear I've picked out for when I ding on my PLD, I have Exactitude Mantle for when I'm solo and Breath for in PT's.

I'm looking for some relatively cheap (or at least, long lasting) suggestions for ways I can make it better. I dunno whether or not the Eisen/Kampf set would be any use because I carry my porta-pl everywhere >_> so if things look like they could get ugly, I know I'm pretty safe.

Sidenote: PLD is so much easier to gear at 75.. /stagger

Looks good to me, just get a Warrior Belt+1 and Republic Subligar over those, they're relatively cheap. And I'd probably use Emp. Hairpin over the ACC+3, it's a 1.5 accuracy difference, and you get AGI for shield procs I guess? Of course only if you have it lieing around like I do. I'm assuming you don't.

Since you're dual-boxing a PL, then keep gearing up as a DD/Tank PLD hybrid for now, it works out great for holding hate. PCC(PCA) will do you wonders if you have it for 33. People forget that PLD *does* do damage with those sword hits especially at lower levels with the right gear, and on top of that the damage helps hold hate drastically. You seem to be on the right track since you're gearing towards semi-DD.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-06-03 03:44:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I use Emp Pin atm, wasn't 100% sure whether the extra Acc from Bandana would be better than the Agi+, I just figured I'd toss it in there for the extra accuracies sake XD
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-06-03 03:47:04
Link | Quote | Reply

if you're pling there's no need to worry about tanking stats really. i would use the acc over hairpin, since you have it, but it's not a big deal either way.

edit: oh, if you don't have it, then i wouldn't bother.
 Valefor.Viiju
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Viiju 2010-06-03 03:52:47
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/paladin/68769-lv-10-60-equipment-guide.html

/bow
 Ramuh.Tousou
user: Toufu
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-06-03 03:58:13
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're self PLing, I'd say ACC > Emp. Might as well go all out DD in that case, really. This also means using the ACC+ mantle instead of Breath, but that may change on setup, etc. After all, with enough ACC, you can sport Meat/Atk food xD

That being said, I usually lean towards Emp Pin because I'm too lazy to waste money/time on getting anything else for lower levels. The AGI+3 is nice for Shield (especially since I'm Mithra), but that EVA +10 is pretty interesting, too. My PLD's only 23, and I dodged a shitton. This'll probably change at higher levels, though.

Anywho, you might also want to change your belt. +10MP isn't gonna be that useful if you've got your outside healer doing most of the work.

Disclaimer: No maths were done in the making of this post :D
 Ramuh.Lorzy
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-06-03 04:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

low level acc is shitty, but it's low levels, so nobody cares.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-06-03 04:05:01
Link | Quote | Reply

XD I just had the belt hanging around and figured "screw it, may as well", mostly just to have bits in every slot XD

Viiju, that was an interesting read. Some gear choices I never would've thought of, but being written a few years ago would explain it XD

Edit: I forgot my Rajas >_>; wow.. XD
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2010-06-03 04:41:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Try and start buying enmity+ gear for macros as well, every little bit helps. Admittedly at that level I think there's only the Cache-nez, which on Siren are like 2-5k, might as well pick it up. Nice for when you JA or Cast enmity actions. 2% boost may not seem like much, but at low level it really is because the enmity line is so thin.