WAR 75 Gear.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » WAR 75 Gear.
WAR 75 Gear.
 Bahamut.Satanas
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Satanas
By Bahamut.Satanas 2010-05-30 08:10:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Pallas/Alky wins for Steel cyclone, I'm not really sure which hands to use pre heca for RR/KJ though ><
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-05-30 08:12:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Satanas said:
Pallas/Alky wins for Steel cyclone, I'm not really sure which hands to use pre heca for RR/KJ though ><

AFv2 is good for KJ and RR if you dont have anything else.
Attack never hurts! (Unless it´s capped, which would happen way faster on steel cyclone than KJ/RR)
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-05-30 10:44:04
Link | Quote | Reply

if you don't have war relic, spiked finger gauntlets are an excellent buyable substitute

fourth division gauntlets are cheap and the 5 acc may do better for an unmerited war than the 12 attack on SFG/war relic
 Fenrir.Mankey
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-06-20 13:53:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I cant figure out how to link all my item sets or I would give you a visual of what i use(please assist) but personally in merit PT's you will 100% find best results using a Rune Chopper if you have BRD (x2 March) and COR. It will hands down out parse any other GA besides Bravura, just need sanction refresh.
 Cerberus.Hiryo
user: Hiryo
By Cerberus.Hiryo 2010-06-20 13:59:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Really? Got any proof of that?

Update: i now have 8/8 GA merits as well
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-06-20 14:09:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea I can PM you some parses vs. any DD you would like to see, outside of Bravura, Sath left be for i had the opportunity :(
 Cerberus.Excelior
user: Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-06-20 14:11:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea mankey is right, With full haste rune chopper will swing almost twice as fast as any other greataxe. Which means a large increase in your total number of swings/ws. Also, his gear seems to be fine if he eats pizza idk what you mean about not having enough acc for blitz ring. Blitz ring alone is a massive return in DOT compared to a +5 accuracy ring assuming his accuracy isnt complete ***. Also don't think u have a 6 hit but too lazy to do the math to check.

edit: according to people in excellence who have bravura rune chopper doesn't even come close. I know so few bravura wars though that I'm not sure how true their claim is but meh. Metatron torment puts out pretty rediculous numbers.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-06-20 14:17:31
Link | Quote | Reply

i have a hard time believing this is the case. there's been extensive testing done on rune chopper and 1mp/tick will only have the latent up one third of the time. of course, 3% haste and 1.6 acc still isn't something to turn your nose up at, but would it beat out the 8 base damage, 3 acc, and 10 attack advantage of perdu? or the 12 base damage advantage of a bonesplitter?

i'd need a math whiz in here to say for sure, but i'm thinking perdu or bonesplitter would win out. as for it doing well in a parse, with your gear, you'd probably outparse most dd's with a horror voulge @.@

now with full fledged refresh, that axe is a beast
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-06-20 14:17:41
Link | Quote | Reply

vs. Well equipped DRK and Basic BB Fath Bahks MNK. As you can see, RR dmg holds up with buffs even with the low base dmg, also if you notice the crit % is amazingly high do to the fact you can reach the 117 crit tier on your TP build. Combine that with full riding hasso, first voke and retaliation you got yourself a meriting machine. inb4 my tomoe SAM eats children(I know it does)
 Cerberus.Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-06-20 14:23:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, with refresh up and sanction u can have full time. Here I'll do the math for u:

Perdu 504 delay
Asumme 20% haste on gear(cause we're not all rich)
+ 20% marches
+10% hasso
+15% haste
Total: 65% haste

504-65%= 176.4/60 2.9 seconds per swing

Rune chopper 504 delay
25% haste on gear
20% marches
10% hasso
15% haste
Total: 70% haste

504-70%= 151/60= 2.5 seconds per swing

2.5/2.9= .86 100-86= +14% damage.

It's not quite at the level of haste I thoguht it was, but it will swing 14% more times and WS 14% more times than perdu GA. The base damage on perdu is a factor however it won't be a 14% damage increase. Anyone who knows the math for that can feel free to edit me.

[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-06-20 14:26:43
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah, i said in my earlier post that if you can convince a rdm to refresh you, the axe is amazing

i just want it to be clear to the guy asking the question that sanction refresh onry isn't going to get him the full benefit of the latent
 Cerberus.Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-06-20 14:28:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
yeah, i said in my earlier post that if you can convince a rdm to refresh you, the axe is amazing i just want it to be clear to the guy asking the question that sanction refresh onry isn't going to get him the full benefit of the latent

Oh well you're probably right. Hard enough to find tards that will haste u in a merit party.
[+]
 Cerberus.Hiryo
user: Hiryo
By Cerberus.Hiryo 2010-06-20 14:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh wow, that's quite impressive, i usually just use my Chopper war/dnc in campaign for the lulz.. but may have to try it out if it actually *is* that good
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-06-20 14:34:22
Link | Quote | Reply

In merit PT's with a outside cure I prefer it over my Apoc hands down :( RR > anything Cata can ever do, combined with Retaliation, DA, and Crit cap on TP build > randomly critting for 700+
 Cerberus.Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-06-20 14:36:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mankey said:
In merit PT's with a outside cure I prefer it over my Apoc hands down :( RR > anything Cata can ever do, combined with Retaliation, DA, and Crit cap on TP build > randomly critting for 700

Id wager warrior probably still out DDs apoc on most ***. About the only place I heavily out parse people is on Nid/fafnir/tiamat/cerberus. Apoc is so *** dependent on /sam to be worthwhile for DD.
[+]