With Lvl 99 Weapons Introduced At Later Time What Happens To 75 Relics Potential?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » With lvl 99 Weapons introduced at later time what happens to 75 relics potential?
With lvl 99 Weapons introduced at later time what happens to 75 relics potential?
First Page 2
 Shiva.Phioness
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Phioness
By Shiva.Phioness 2010-05-05 22:43:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Been off for a year but will be back on in a little bit. Just wanted to hear some opinions on the subject.

People have worked hard to upgrade their relics. But what use is a lvl 75 Mandau (something I dreamed of, but now don't really know if it's worthwhile any more) if you can equip a lvl 99 dagger down the road?

Hopefully SE will set up a system to further upgrade relics so they don't become useless at higher levels.

Admittedly some like the Aegis and Gallahorn will retain their values, but what about many of the DD weapons?

Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-05 22:45:13
Link | Quote | Reply

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Trial_of_the_Magians
[+]
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-05-05 22:48:29
Link | Quote | Reply

You get to spend another 2 years of your life upgrading them and doing quests for the lvl 99 version.

[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-05 22:50:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The will be the stage one weapon for upgrading via the new namis like area. Only works if you didn't trial yours!!! Bwhahhahaahha

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Belmonth
Server: Sylph
user: Belmonth
By Sylph.Belmonth 2010-05-05 23:15:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably nothing >_> just like Ebow is still the best non relic bow for RNG and level 55....
 Cerberus.Okita
Server: Cerberus
user: Pent
By Cerberus.Okita 2010-05-05 23:40:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I think he may have a good point to be concerned. Even with the magian trials, the weapons above 75 should in theory have higher base stats. The only way they can bypass this is by just having more trials available for the relics that way they can always stay one step ahead of the 2nd generation weapons. Alternatively they can have relic/mythic specific quests at 99 that essentially make relic/mythic version 2, though I think the only way it would work would be for the magian trials to be a prerequisite.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-05-06 00:00:42
Link | Quote | Reply

The intent is to use Trial of Magian to ensure the Relics remain the pinnacle of Offensive might until 99, when *Rumor* completely new Relic-type weapons are introduced with the Final Abyssea content *Rumor*

If one assumes that Dynamis will not have a level cap in place, it's not unreasonable to think this could result in a sharp drop in the value of Ancient Currency (Certainly not with the 80 cap raise, but through 90 it's reasonable to think that) which would make the base relic weapon more viable to the "Every man" which also supports some conjecture that Relic Weapons (Final form) will play a pivotal role in how one can progress on the "Final" weapons (Lv.99)

Suffice to say, through Trial of the Magians, Relic Weapons will remain AT LEAST the second most powerful weapons in the game, a bigger concern would be if there would be a way to unlock the Relic Weapon Skill Without having to use the relic weapon (The quest/method requiring the original of course) Should there actually be a new, more powerful category of Relic Type Weapon introduced in the future.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-06 00:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Relics aren't going to become cheaper with the increased level cap unless something equally accessible (lol?) and more powerful comes along. Demand will at the very least compensate for the increased supply. See: Campaign Unions, which resulted in the price of currency increasing here on Fenrir.
 Asura.Arkanethered
Server: Asura
By Asura.Arkanethered 2010-05-06 00:26:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Lowering glass price seemed to stabilize the falling prices on Asura when it happened. I don't see anything coming out that would make them any easier to obtain.

Prices have actually gone up sharply since then. Almost doubled from the time I started Apoc until I finished.
 Pandemonium.Nususu
Server: Pandemonium
user: nususu
By Pandemonium.Nususu 2010-05-06 00:29:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't it be cool to upgrade your dusty relic weapon to a shiny new, Ultima Weapon?
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-05-06 00:52:16
Link | Quote | Reply

All I'm saying is lowering the monsters difficulty from Tough-Incredibly Tough to Easy Prey-Even Match is a far cry from one coin drop a game day (Campaign Battle) and even 1/2 Price glass. We really won't know until it happens.
 Ramuh.Lilsanchez
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Lilsanchez 2010-05-06 01:23:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Magian Trials
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2010-05-06 01:47:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
The intent is to use Trial of Magian to ensure the Relics remain the pinnacle of Offensive might until 99, when *Rumor* completely new Relic-type weapons are introduced with the Final Abyssea content *Rumor*

If one assumes that Dynamis will not have a level cap in place, it's not unreasonable to think this could result in a sharp drop in the value of Ancient Currency (Certainly not with the 80 cap raise, but through 90 it's reasonable to think that) which would make the base relic weapon more viable to the "Every man" which also supports some conjecture that Relic Weapons (Final form) will play a pivotal role in how one can progress on the "Final" weapons (Lv.99)

Suffice to say, through Trial of the Magians, Relic Weapons will remain AT LEAST the second most powerful weapons in the game, a bigger concern would be if there would be a way to unlock the Relic Weapon Skill Without having to use the relic weapon (The quest/method requiring the original of course) Should there actually be a new, more powerful category of Relic Type Weapon introduced in the future.

this.
 Unicorn.Moldtech
Server: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-05-06 01:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Mabrook said:
They're gonna release a new kraken club 1. All gear is lvlable, cuz they said that. I doubt they'll release alot of new gear but there will be a new salvage type of gear from the new wg.

Developer's also said this and it is on the front page of Wiki under the Trial of the Madians link;

"While system and game balance concerns make it unrealistic to allow all existing equipment to be augmented through Trial of the Magians"
 Cerberus.Ferth
Server: Cerberus
user: Ferth
By Cerberus.Ferth 2010-05-06 02:22:21
Link | Quote | Reply

In all honesty... I don't see SE adding a slew of new gear for the level cap increase.

I could be wrong but in my mind, to have higher level gear would require adding more tiers and raising the cap on skill crafts... and the new gear would have to be pretty damn phenomenal to out do the slew of HQ 75 gear that would create.

They might add non-craftable gear (af3?) but I think the majority of what we will see from now on is magian upgrades.

And as several people have pointed out... gear in ffxi is not like gear in most mmos where as soon as a new level tier comes out everything becomes ***.

Haubergeon, E.bow, o.kotes, swift belt... the list goes on. good gear is good gear, level is just the soonest you can wear it.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
Server: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-06 03:11:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I suggested a system to raise the base levels and base damage of relic weapons, gradually, over a series of quests, ending up at 99. But the trolls at FFXIclopedia's forums just laughed and repeatedly said "ToTM." Seriously, I hate people. >.>

EDIT:
He was one of the trolls mentioned.
 Unicorn.Ninetales
user: Azulmagia
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-05-06 03:16:30
Link | Quote | Reply

ToAU/WotG jobs still waiting on relics to begin with! I'd much rather Excalibur than Tizona...
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-06 03:20:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Ninetales said:
ToAU/WotG jobs still waiting on relics to begin with! I'd much rather Excalibur than Tizona...

Excalibur is more E-peen than anything. Hauteclaire and Burtgang beat it for PLD, and RDM, not only doesn't get to melee for it's full potential, but the added effect wouldn't be as potent on RDM, I wouldn't think. Any RDM with an Excalibur, let me know. BLU could maybe make more use out of it, but I don't see ToAU/WotG jobs getting relic access.
 Unicorn.Ninetales
user: Azulmagia
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-05-06 03:27:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:
BLU could maybe make more use out of it, but I don't see ToAU/WotG jobs getting relic access.
I don't either, but BLU would definitely put DMG:49 and ATK+20 (not to mention Knights of Round and occasional damage boost) to great use. Highest DMG sword BLU gets as of now is the plain DMG:47 sword from Trial of Magians. And the de facto standard Perdu is 44. Tizona is 42 (45 after upgrade...)

Also, Joyeuse is almost always better, by the way.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-06 03:34:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Ninetales said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
BLU could maybe make more use out of it, but I don't see ToAU/WotG jobs getting relic access.
I don't either, but BLU would definitely put DMG:49 and ATK 20 (not to mention Knights of Round and occasional damage boost) to great use. Highest DMG sword BLU gets as of now is the plain DMG:47 sword from Trial of Magians. And the de facto standard Perdu is 44. Tizona is 42 (45 after upgrade...) Also, Joyeuse is almost always better, by the way.

I always found it kinda dumb that BLU couldn't use Ridill. Being that before I quit at 56, I was always BLU/THF (one sword) Ridill would help on BLU/THF.

Just incase anyone is interested, my idea was....
KojoPhoenix said:
Ok, so. Everyone who has spent 2 years+ to unlock a relic weapon is worried about the future of their investment.

I had an idea to solve this problem. Relics are FFXI's 'Ultimate Weapons' and they are expected to be of the final level.
People have spent their time unlocking these weapons only to wonder "Will this be obsolete?" Now I know you will be able to
augment relics somehow, but here's my idea.

Think of current relic weapons as sealed. They have 3 seals. One seals Damage rating to 75, one to 85 and one to 90.
I'll give examples. These are EXAMPLES only, the mechanics will be up to SquareEnix's Development team.

I'll be using 'Apocalypse'

Apocalypse
(Scythe) All Races
DMG: 103 Delay: 513 Accuracy +20
"Catastrophe"
Additional effect: Blindness
Lv. 75 DRK

This is the base weapon we've known for years. It is completely sealed. So, you gotta level to 85 now. Skip ahead, you're 85.
Yes, you just went 10 levels with a sealed relic. Take Apocalypse to the Goblin in Zvahl and Trade it to him...

Apocalypse
(Scythe) All Races
DMG: 113 Delay: 513 Accuracy +20
"Catastrophe"
Lv. 85 DRK

This is Apocalypse unlocked 1/3. Now we just wait til cap is 90.. OK!! Cap is 90 and you just hit 90, grats! Go back to Zvahl.

Apocalypse
(Scythe) All Races
DMG: 123 Delay: 513 Accuracy +20
"Catastrophe"
Lv. 90 DRK

Completion: 2/3, "Maintain current momentum." Well, We're almost there. We've seen new weapons synthed.
We've probably had new NMs kill us, because we're a DRK and we die easily... (No offense, I'm DRK main.)
So, the day is here, We are now lv 99. Time to break the final seal...

Apocalypse
(Scythe) All Races
DMG: 133 Delay: 513 Accuracy +20
"Catastrophe"
Lv. 99 DRK

And now, your Relic is up to level and good to go... The again, you're lv 99, where else can you go?

Tell me what you think.

The bolded was the part that kinda said that I was aware of ToTM, and that most of the "LolololToTM, nub" posts afterwards wasn't telling me anything I didn't know.
 Hades.Excelior
Server: Hades
user: Excelior
By Hades.Excelior 2010-05-06 03:34:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Unicorn.Ninetales said:
Excalibur is more E-peen than anything. Hauteclaire and Burtgang beat it for PLD, and RDM, not only doesn't get to melee for it's full potential, but the added effect wouldn't be as potent on RDM, I wouldn't think. Any RDM with an Excalibur, let me know. BLU could maybe make more use out of it, but I don't see ToAU/WotG jobs getting relic access.

Burtgang and hauteclaire are both trash except for ixion and khimaira. Honestly if you see a pld using one outside of those two mobs he probably is a ***pld. Excalibur is by far the best relic second only to Ghorn due to its low manning potential of most end game content.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-06 03:38:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Excelior said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Unicorn.Ninetales said:
Lolololol I's trollin'

Fix'd, you're welcome. I'd think the damage reduction would be useful for more than just 2 mobs, not to mention a bit of Enmity on Burtgang.
 Hades.Excelior
By Hades.Excelior 2010-05-06 03:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Hades.Excelior said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Unicorn.Ninetales said:
Lolololol I's trollin'
Fix'd, you're welcome. I'd think the damage reduction would be useful for more than just 2 mobs, not to mention a bit of Enmity on Burtgang.

Really not trolling, they arent taht useful of weapons. You can get +50 emnity in gear swaps without burtang. You should not be getting hit by physical attacks if you're /nin. Excalibur and joytoy are better sources of hate and damage than haute and burt.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-06 03:44:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Excelior said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Hades.Excelior said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Unicorn.Ninetales said:
Lolololol I's trollin'
Really not trolling, they arent taht useful of weapons. You can get 50 emnity in gear swaps without burtang. You should not be getting hit by physical attacks if you're /nin. Excalibur and joytoy are better sources of hate and damage than haute and burt.

If you're tanking PLD/NIN, why not just use NIN? I never saw the point in making PLD into a NIN. If it's for more enmity, have THF help. If it's "in case the tank gets hit.." then I win the arguement.
 Hades.Excelior
By Hades.Excelior 2010-05-06 03:47:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Hades.Excelior said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Hades.Excelior said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Unicorn.Ninetales said:
Lolololol I's trollin'
Really not trolling, they arent taht useful of weapons. You can get 50 emnity in gear swaps without burtang. You should not be getting hit by physical attacks if you're /nin. Excalibur and joytoy are better sources of hate and damage than haute and burt.
If you're tanking PLD/NIN, why not just use NIN? I never saw the point in making PLD into a NIN. If it's for more enmity, have THF help. If it's "in case the tank gets hit.." then I win the arguement.

The point of pld/nin is that it takes the least damage, it can cure itself, and it also has atonement as of a year ago. It tanks, it heals, and it DDs. Ninja can only tank. Generally when I play pld and we have a cure parse I'm usually 75% or higher on cures which is massive MP mitigation for mages who would otherwise have to heal a ninja full time.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-06 03:49:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Nin/Whm go!
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-06 03:51:16
Link | Quote | Reply

PLD doesn't need more enmity if it can engage and only struggles with CE when disengaged and not /RDM. Excal over Burt because anything threatening enough to warrant Burt usually favors RDM tanking and you can kill ***faster with Excal, which is more significant when damage taken is not potentially fatal.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-06 03:51:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Excelior said:
You should not be getting hit by physical attacks if you're /nin.
Hades.Excelior said:
The point of pld/nin is that it takes the least damage, it can cure itself, and it also has atonement as of a year ago.

Why would it need to?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-06 03:52:51
Link | Quote | Reply

TP moves?
First Page 2