First Page 2 ... 10 11 12
 Hades.Tripster
Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Lisamarie
By Hades.Tripster 2010-04-22 22:30:07
Link | Quote | Reply

OK so.

DDs can play watching tv, scratching their balls and sniffing their fingers, eating, talking on the phone. No wonder it's a few ppl that can actually play mages on end game activities.

So I just made that thread to tell all brainless DDs out there to drink some intelligent potions and actually use what they got inside their heads.

For example, if you're a SAM doing Limbus or Nyzul Isle, make sure you switch up to Polearm when fighting Birds. It helps, you now.

Or even, when doing Nyzul, don't pull a Chariot on a damn corridor and expect us mages to heal you through the walls. And don't cry cause you didn't use RR.

There are so many things DDs make that makes us mages wanna kill them. So what do they do that grinds your gears? I'm sure there are a lot of examples out there.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Vileplume
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jarbino
By Quetzalcoatl.Vileplume 2010-04-22 22:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

brainless mages are worse :(
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-04-22 22:35:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Brainless Mages vs. Brainless DDs

It's a DD's job to deal damage. Everything else is a plus.

It's a mage's job to keep DDs alive. If they die, it's your fault for not doing your primary role.

Sure, there are situations where something will one-shot you, but short of that, Mages are the designated healers, whereas DDs are not the designated tanks.
[+]
 Hades.Cheyne
user: Cheyne
By Hades.Cheyne 2010-04-22 22:35:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Way to make a stereotype! There's good DD and bad DD. The bad ones are obviously the mid fight afkers etc. But most melee I see actually pay attention, and try to avoid pain when possible. Have PDT sets etc to make it easier on themselves and on their mages as well.

The same can be said for mages. You can have a RDM who only Refreshes and Hastes himself or a WHM who cure bombs until his MP is dry and then QQ that he's out of mana.

Just saying, both classes can have their good and bad players.
[+]
 Diabolos.Torazalinto
Server: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Torazalinto 2010-04-22 22:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Tripster said:
OK so.

DDs can play watching tv, scratching their balls and sniffing their fingers, eating, talking on the phone. No wonder it's a few ppl that can actually play mages on end game activities.

So I just made that thread to tell all brainless DDs out there to drink some intelligent potions and actually use what they got inside their heads.

For example, if you're a SAM doing Limbus or Nyzul Isle, make sure you switch up to Polearm when fighting Birds. It helps, you now.

Or even, when doing Nyzul, don't pull a Chariot on a damn corridor and expect us mages to heal you through the walls. And don't cry cause you didn't use RR.

There are so many things DDs make that makes us mages wanna kill them. So what do they do that grinds your gears? I'm sure there are a lot of examples out there.

Yeah, and you guys bring some *** echo drops and use <stpt> and <stal> and we'll talk. =P
[+]
 Phoenix.Airbag
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-04-22 22:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

man I agree 100% tripster

one of the main things that gets me is if you see tp move spam turn your *** off of the mob man.. just give the group time to recover, cause your death hurts us a lot more than a little break in damage for 10 seconds
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-22 22:41:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Not if you don't want to suck.

Difference between a good dd and a mediocre one.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-22 22:46:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, my one *** gripe with you DD's when I'm playing brd.

I'm fishing, buffing, sleeping links and keeping an eye out for any pops or better camps becoming available. All you're doing is DDing, which i'm fine with it is your primary roll. (I'm even healing sometimes when a rng or cor is being *** lazy)

What really makes me *** mad, is when I'm doing my job fully, and you go AFK in the middle of EVERY *** FIGHT the mob moves and it takes you 20-30 seconds to realise and come back to fight the mob / You're a *** sam with 300tp when we're on a timer to get a high chain / You are AFK at the beginning of every fight.

Seriously, if you're not up for partying don't *** party.

(the constant AFKers are Mithra 95% of the time too.)

Seriously, if you're on the internet because you suck too much at your job to actually stay in, at least pop in to see if the mob has *** moved once in a while instead of having your back turned to it like a *** pleb.

/rage mode off.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Feifongwong
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Feifongwong 2010-04-22 22:53:10
Link | Quote | Reply

That has nothing to do with DDs I've been in plenty of parties where mages do that too.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-22 22:55:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Feifongwong said:
That has nothing to do with DDs I've been in plenty of parties where mages do that too.

and then people die / things don't get pulled

Then that member gets kicked.

DD's get away with it because no-one realises / can be bothered to replace.

Seriously DD's random AFK far more often than mages do.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-22 22:57:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Seoha said:
DD's will do their job right as long as they are good players. Just as there are horrible players that take the role of tankers... mages.

All in all... The amount of QQ in this thread's OP is very 2002.

The year doesn't matter really.

there's as many (if not more) incoherent DD's now than there was in 2002

The argument is still valid. And the again, A fail tank or mage will let people die, so they don't get away with it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Dracionx
Server: Cerberus
user: dracionx
By Cerberus.Dracionx 2010-04-22 22:59:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Tripster said:
OK so.

Use fillmode? then you can cure through walls. Btw i usually have my rdm pull in nyzul isle, while I fight. *gives props to shanian*
[+]
 Ramuh.Ilvex
Server: Ramuh
user: Ilvex
By Ramuh.Ilvex 2010-04-22 23:01:12
Link | Quote | Reply

saying that I have to use a 3rd party tool, not that im against it, does not change the fact that DD's are stupid and get way with dumb ***.

Edit and using //fillmode does not always let you cure threw walls
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-22 23:02:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I have to remind people to stop what I call "face tanking" too often.

Though I wish rng had an auto shoot
 Lakshmi.Seoha
user: Mameshiba
By Lakshmi.Seoha 2010-04-22 23:03:27
Link | Quote | Reply

In my honest opinion, this is a typical generalization I've seen in eight years, that's all I'm saying.

You can't label the whole DD community as "brainless players". That's just not smart.
Just as I can't go to all the mage community and say "Bring some echo drops". I've met my fair amount of RDMs who are unable to refresh , dispel and haste. And I've also met THF/WHM's before.

There are good and bad players, and this whole thread should be left to that.
You don't need to be that smart to figure what I said, thus making this thread nothing but a unsuccessful troll.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-22 23:04:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Yeah I have to remind people to stop what I call "face tanking" too often.

Though I wish rng had an auto shoot

Same, so many times you see rng just standing there for 20 seconds doing nothing.
[+]
 Hades.Milhouse
user: milhouse
By Hades.Milhouse 2010-04-22 23:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Seoha said:
There are good and bad players, and this whole thread should be left to that. You don't need to be that smart to figure what I said, thus making this thread nothing but a unsuccessful troll.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-22 23:25:46
Link | Quote | Reply

The majority of bad players seem to be DD's. It's such a thrill when you actually party with a competent DD.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Feifongwong
By Lakshmi.Feifongwong 2010-04-22 23:41:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
The majority of bad players seem to be DD's. It's such a thrill when you actually party with a competent DD.

There are more DD jobs than another type of job, so of course there is more. I'd say the ratio of good to stupid is equal across all the job roles.
[+]
 Bahamut.Paulus
Server: Bahamut
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2010-04-22 23:41:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't like indiscriminate, unrestrained DD who have no situational awareness and think that TP burn applies to everything.

You know, the kind that can't differentiate between a Greater Colibri and Gulool Ja Ja (Mamook Version). If it has over 100k HP and uses a devastating TP move every few seconds it probably isn't best to crowd it, try and TP off of it for the entire fight.

[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-22 23:43:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Feifongwong said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

There are more DD jobs than another type of job, so of course there is more. I'd say the ratio of good to stupid is equal across all the job roles.

Clearly you haven't been in any Aht Urgahn parties recently.

Stupidest to least stupid normally for my parties

1. DD
2. PLD's
3. NIN's
4. Mages
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-22 23:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of lolibri, I was in a Crawlers nest party a while a go, and our pld didn't realise that that any enemy linked, because he'd only ever done Campaign, smn burn and lolibri parties.

I got pissed off.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Feifongwong
By Lakshmi.Feifongwong 2010-04-22 23:47:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been in plenty, I still disagree on labeling the majority of DD's as stupid. I've seen many terrible tanks and terrible mages as well. Maybe you should find some different people to party with.
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-04-22 23:50:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Only thing that pisses me off, at least off the top of my head, was from back in my days when I was doing WHM and partying, or sometimes on RDM main healing (especially on RDM)

Not... Using... Shadows...

Just because you're not holding hate doesn't mean not to use them. Especially while on RDM, even with Convert and Refresh, I still have limited MP, if I decided to stay and main heal after our healer left just to keep the party going, don't make me regret it, because now am I not only keeping everyone alive, I still have to manage to keep the mob enfeeb'd..

Yes it actually happened, then the idiot had the nerve to say I suck at healing and that he's leaving now because exp is slow (it slowed because now there was no WHM dedicated to healing him, now I was using 1/3 of my MP every fight just to keep him alive, which meant a lot more resting)
[+]
 Bahamut.Paulus
Server: Bahamut
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2010-04-23 00:14:25
Link | Quote | Reply

If a RDM is healing with no support, the dd are poorly merited, and there are other factors such as status removal it's a bad situation.

Here's an example of the opposite:

This guy received the assistance of a BRD using double elegy on the boss and his own slow II. (Which isn't even fully merited) They were able to keep everyone alive and he didn't even have an ability cell for convert.

The DD are well merited for what they are doing here as well.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-04-23 00:16:54
Link | Quote | Reply

That particular party was pre-60, I'd be amazed if anyone had a single merit into anything relevant to the job they were currently on (evasion, max hp, etc)
[+]
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-04-23 00:52:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Any DDer can be good or bad depending how it is played. Basically your roll in the party is to just damage mobs. But when I am on WAR if the tank get's into trouble I pull hate just long enough for him to heal. And I always protect mages. A huge cure or a nasty nuke can pull hate from the tank. I am always watching everyone's life bars while dealing out the sweet pain!!
[+]
 Cerberus.Robmelee
Server: Cerberus
user: Robmelee
By Cerberus.Robmelee 2010-04-23 08:30:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ultimately the Healer is only as successful at there job as the party is willing to cooperate with the Healer.

For example, if Healers are in mid-cast of a spell, the Healer is temporarily unable to act for a few seconds at a time which each cast, this fact is not realized by most DDs. If I am casting Stoneskin on myself or Regen II on a party member and someone is suddenly in Red Health I stongly suggest that DD to get Siegan/3rd Eye if they are a SAM or get Shadows up if possible or Turn there back to the mob for a moment allow another DD to steal the hate. Believe it or not alot can happen within that Healers 3-4 seconds of NOT being able to cast. lol XD its amazing really.

In a good Party under the best of circumstances, all central hate is on the PLD or NIN tank ideally. Otherwise its being bounced around like a TP burn party, which isnt bad, the problem is most SAMs dont believe in Siegan/3rd Eye when all hate is on them, but instead prefers to full time hasso at all times. /sigh.

It honestly depends on the circumstances really. But everyone simply needs cooperate with each other and everyone can have a flawless party. However, all it takes is one a*sshat to be sloppy and reckless then the max EXP potential per hour is reduced and the party is likely to deteriate into a crappy party all because of some SAM doesnt want to use Siegan/3rd eye when needed or a DD not willing to NOT weapon skill at the beginning of the pull. >.>

Im both a DD and a Healer, I can appreciate both aspects from both worlds, and btw as a DD i always got RR. I rather the Healer to keep healing the party than to waste time raising me. I try to help reduce downtime as much as possible.
[+]
First Page 2 ... 10 11 12