WTF, Autotranslate Is Putting Everything In Japanese >.<

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » WTF, autotranslate is putting everything in Japanese >.<
WTF, autotranslate is putting everything in Japanese >.<
First Page 2
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-04-22 11:07:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't speak Japanese, we lost internet while I was in the middle of doing something, it said something I'd never seen before (Unable to load protocol or something to that effect) then when I logged back in I had this..

Ever happen to anyone else?
 Leviathan.Stunx
Server: Leviathan
user: Bungie
By Leviathan.Stunx 2010-04-22 11:08:23
Link | Quote | Reply

did ur FF crash and u relaunched from pol?
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-04-22 11:11:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Our internet was acting up and I dc'd but instead of saying "You lost connection" or whatever, it said something about protocol (something I've never seen) but no it didn't crash completely, I just got kicked all the way back out to the first login screen.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-04-22 11:13:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Annikahansen said:
i wanna know wth the auto translate is saying, because all of the jp characters are the same, and i said different things to him in ls....wtf???
It says "Learn Japanese, ***."
[+]
 Fenrir.Johng
Server: Fenrir
user: Johng
By Fenrir.Johng 2010-04-22 11:14:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Restart the game from scratch and it should go away, its been happening on/off for a while now after dc's
 Leviathan.Webjester
Server: Leviathan
user: Webjester
By Leviathan.Webjester 2010-04-22 11:33:34
Link | Quote | Reply

If memory serves, it saying "The auto-translate Dictionary is not loaded" or something to that effect. And yes, shutting down and logging back in resolves the problem.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sterling
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2010-04-22 11:38:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I had this problem a while back and asked the forums. I got a lot of "You're HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, go away"s. Restarting will fix it and the translation is just saying that the auto-trans database is messed up or didn't load correctly. I know a lot of people having this problem lately and for what reason- we may never know.
 Ifrit.Itazura
Server: Ifrit
user: Itazura
By Ifrit.Itazura 2010-04-22 21:54:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sterling said:
I know a lot of people having this problem lately and for what reason- we may never know.
They use Windower. That's the problem.
[+]
By Behar 2010-04-22 22:25:16
Link | Quote | Reply

dont go hatin on windower
[+]
 Bismarck.Phaded
Server: Bismarck
user: Phaded
By Bismarck.Phaded 2010-04-22 22:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Itazura said:
Carbuncle.Sterling said:
I know a lot of people having this problem lately and for what reason- we may never know.

Let's see how long it takes before this becomes just another anti-Windower/Windower is for cheaters thread.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2010-04-22 22:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Phaded said:
Ifrit.Itazura said:
Carbuncle.Sterling said:

Let's see how long it takes before this becomes just another anti-Windower/Windower is for cheaters thread.

"i don't like what the *** is going on here... -.-"
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
Server: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-04-22 22:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had that happen to me before. Might just have to log out and log back in, that should straighten it out.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-22 22:52:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Itazura said:
Carbuncle.Sterling said:

And it makes me better at my job!

Windower macro's ftw.
 Bahamut.Memimi
Server: Bahamut
user: Memimi
By Bahamut.Memimi 2010-04-22 23:24:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Phaded said:
Ifrit.Itazura said:
Carbuncle.Sterling said:

Windower is for cheaters.
 Ifrit.Itazura
By Ifrit.Itazura 2010-04-23 01:56:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Er, all I meant was if the problem bothers you, you can stop using Windower (or bug its makers to fix/patch it).
 Shiva.Weewoo
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-04-23 01:56:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Memimi said:
Bismarck.Phaded said:
Ifrit.Itazura said:
Carbuncle.Sterling said:

Windower is for cheaters.

I lol'd.
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2010-04-23 12:43:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ifrit.Itazura said:
Carbuncle.Sterling said:

Windower macro's ftw.

so u need Windower to be god at your job?

damn thats sad
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-04-23 14:20:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ifrit.Itazura said:
Carbuncle.Sterling said:

Windower macro's ftw.

damn thats sad

I don't recall him saying he needed it to be good.. I believe he said it makes him better.
 Bahamut.Ashbringer
By Bahamut.Ashbringer 2010-04-23 16:11:13
Link | Quote | Reply

It is caused by using Windower, and getting a DC, and then logging back in without closing PoL.

I believe it is a way for GM's to see if you are using Windower.

Also in my opinion, if a game forces you to play only that and have no access to your desktop, there is a serious design flaw there. The spells in game are boosted by gear changes that cannot be placed in one macro slot (without using refer to macros) so using windower macros allows my character to cast spells at the upmost efficiency.
I don't see a problem with this, MMo's were never intended to be played on consoles, but this restriction should never have been an issue to start with, 6 macros lines are useless at 75, as most of my macros cover around 30+ lines now.

Utsusemi casts alone have 2 gear changes (evasion gear + ninjutsu skill if I am on my NIN, then back to tanking or TP gear). Windower is a tool that should never have needed to be made, as all it does is give me more efficiency. SE should have implemented its true features years ago, and not their wooly attempt at a windowed mode they gave us.

Also with the various plugins I can see timers on my buffs (which I no longer need), party/alliance TP/HP/MP and the most useful, cooldown timers. We shouldn't have to access a very clunky menu system to get spells timed effectively, and there are many situations in game where cooldown timers need to be pinpointed to the second, and without very creative macros (again using up those vital lines that could be used for gear swaps) for echo commands, we are not able to use the many pieces of gear and weapons to their full effect.

I understand that console players see these additions as unfair, but MMo's aren't designed with consoles in mind, it is great that FF can be played on the PS2 and Xbox, but it shouldnt be limited by these factors. These are simple UI tweaks that should have been added within a few months of release, after player feedback which I am sure they get on a daily basis.

Windower can and will be used by most PC players till the game stops working, and I personally see no issue with the program at all. Botters and hackers will do just that, no matter what restrictions you try to put in their path. Limiting the genuine players in such a heavy fashion is terrible, just to deter people from using things like FFXIApp (the one that was common when I played the first time, have no idea what the kids are using these days). Fair enough, put failsafes in the game to stop these things, but don't gimp everyone in the process.

WoW allows addons, and they are often soaked up by the developers and integrated into the game. When you become harsh and strict with your game design, you limit its growth and evolution.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-04-23 16:18:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ifrit.Itazura said:
Carbuncle.Sterling said:

Windower macro's ftw.

damn thats sad

Wtf are you wearing?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-23 16:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ifrit.Itazura said:
Carbuncle.Sterling said:

Windower macro's ftw.

damn thats sad
And he's doing that job better than you :)
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-04-23 16:24:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Also Ashbringer where did you come from :O
 Bahamut.Ashbringer
By Bahamut.Ashbringer 2010-04-23 16:28:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Also Ashbringer where did you come from :O
Hi man :) - Reactivated a few weeks back, and glad to be back.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-04-23 16:29:44
Link | Quote | Reply

You disappeared abruptly! I was heartbroken. Sadly I'm on an extended break which may or may not be a quit (time will tell) :(
 Bahamut.Ashbringer
By Bahamut.Ashbringer 2010-04-23 16:31:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
You disappeared abruptly! I was heartbroken. Sadly I'm on an extended break which may or may not be a quit (time will tell) :(

RL got a bit serious, fell into some hell which doesn't need to be discussed here, but now I am back on track and actually doing really great, in a very happy place in my life (ended up working in the video games industry!) and glad to be playing FF again. Joined a great endgame shell that is perfect for my playtime and having so much fun. Give me a /tell ingame if you decide to reactivate, and we can pimp it up old skool in Whitegate :D
 Ifrit.Itazura
By Ifrit.Itazura 2010-04-23 20:04:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ashbringer said:
It is caused by using Windower, and getting a DC, and then logging back in without closing PoL.

... All it means is that FFXI client couldn't find its dictionary file. Client side, not server side--I doubt GM would know it unless you tell them.

Bahamut.Ashbringer said:
Also in my opinion, if a game forces you to play only that and have no access to your desktop, there is a serious design flaw there.
There's windowed mode now for FFXI, built in. (Yes, that's what I use, and it works fine.) You're a few years behind.

Plus, I think Sims 1 and 2 both run in full-screen mode, back when I played them. Don't most FPS games also default to full-screen?
Bahamut.Ashbringer said:
MMo's were never intended to be played on consoles
Bahamut.Ashbringer said:
MMo's aren't designed with consoles in mind
FFXI was pretty much designed from the ground up to be played on the PS2--with a controller and all.

Don't know and don't care about other MMORPG's--FFXI is what we play here.

The first multi-player games using the Internet were on UNIX, I think. Should I argue that multiplayer games were never intended to be played on PCs? lol.

Carbuncle.Sterling
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2010-04-23 20:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

You shouldn't use windower because [enter extremely over-exaggerated comparison to the Holocaust here].
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-04-23 20:25:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Itazura said:
Bahamut.Ashbringer said:

... All it means is that FFXI client couldn't find its dictionary file. Client side, not server side--I doubt GM would know it unless you tell them.

Bahamut.Ashbringer said:
Also in my opinion, if a game forces you to play only that and have no access to your desktop, there is a serious design flaw there.
There's windowed mode now for FFXI, built in. (Yes, that's what I use, and it works fine.) You're a few years behind.

Plus, I think Sims 1 and 2 both run in full-screen mode, back when I played them. Don't most FPS games also default to full-screen?
Bahamut.Ashbringer said:
MMo's were never intended to be played on consoles
Bahamut.Ashbringer said:
MMo's aren't designed with consoles in mind
FFXI was pretty much designed from the ground up to be played on the PS2--with a controller and all.

Don't know and don't care about other MMORPG's--FFXI is what we play here.

The first multi-player games using the Internet were on UNIX, I think. Should I argue that multiplayer games were never intended to be played on PCs? lol.

Built in windowed mode for FFXI sucks, completely. First and foremost it messes with the lighting (causing glitches) AND the text isn't always scaled properly, as a result B's look like D's and stuff like that sometimes.. Which neither has happened to me with the unnofficial windower.

Also, yes FPS's by default are fullscreen, but you don't D/C when you Alt+Tab or Crtl+Alt+Del or for any reason loose full screen.

If you could temporarily minimize the game without being disconnected, I'd have 0 problems with fullscreen.
First Page 2