Did SE Kill MNK @ Vanafest 2010?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Did SE kill MNK @ vanafest 2010?
Did SE kill MNK @ vanafest 2010?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Bismarck.Danz
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2010-03-09 19:27:45
Link | Quote | Reply

as a main MNK, i wasn't too pleased with the announcements made at vanafest 2010. as many MNKs may know MNK doesn't get much when it comes to updates. a decent peace of gear here or there and lolfootworks is about as updated as it has gotten. in vanafest 2010 all jobs was noted to be getting rather decent or just outstanding updates. like PUP getting an A in H2H.. made me cry as a MNK knowing only martial arts and gear is the only thing that stands between PUP out damaging MNK with there fists. not to mention they have a beefy auto next to them spamming them with cure 5s and hitting with 1.5k weapons kills them self.

on top of that they insult MNK by giving them this for the update.

in return of TP gain and the ability to weapon skill.

ACC +, and subtle blows+... WTF! how useless is that, EXP pt wise. completely. most MNKs have NO problem with there accuracy. and subtle blows is just crap unless your soloing something you just don't want weapon skilling as often. and subtle blows barely even shows with no matter how much you have. so sucks there. endgame. the acc+ would be killer i can see. but still nobody is going to put a MNK in endgame PT to feed the mobs TP regardless of how much subtle blows they have. MNK is just unfortunately left out of endgame unless your lucky enough to get in a chi-blast group

sadly this slap to the face is rely disgusted me with SEs thoughts on MNK and makes me want to drop it entirely and just level SAM. at least most of my gear wont go to waste...

what is everyone elses thoughts on this?
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-03-09 19:30:34
Link | Quote | Reply

As long as they scale MNK's damage up when heading toward 99 it'll be fine. That's what MNK is a meaty damage dealer. We don't need fancy abilities to get the job done our DoT is high enough.

I would like to see a few abilities added however.
By shadower 2010-03-09 19:34:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I already quit FFXI...LMAO...f'cked all those updates...I'm not gonna grinding exp, getting new gears for all the jobs again.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-03-09 19:36:50
Link | Quote | Reply

shadower said:
Well, I already quit FFXI...LMAO...f'cked all those updates...I'm not gonna grinding exp, getting new gears for all the jobs again.

Levelling up in Final Fantasy XI is just ludicrous.

Also, since when does gear become useless if it's not the highest level gear? (Pld AF feet anyone?)

People who left because of this update are utterly HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-03-09 19:38:01
Link | Quote | Reply

shadower said:

Thanks for your input!

Now on topic: I don't care what they do, I'll always like MNK and it doesn't bother me if it's not an uberomgwtf DD. I wouldn't mind them letting asuran fists crit or something though
 Fairy.Vincentius
By Fairy.Vincentius 2010-03-09 19:44:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said:
shadower said:

Thanks for your input!

Now on topic: I don't care what they do, I'll always like MNK and it doesn't bother me if it's not an uberomgwtf DD. I wouldn't mind them letting asuran fists crit or something though

Or removing the maximum of 8 attacks per round, but I doubt that'll happen. Crits would be fine with me.
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-09 19:44:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
shadower said:

Also, since when does gear become useless if it's not the highest level gear? (Pld AF feet anyone?)

People who left because of this update are utterly HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
Pld AF+1 feet are lv 74, no?
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-03-09 19:46:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
shadower said:

Pld AF 1 feet are lv 74, no?

AF +1 are superior, it doesn't mean that the level 52 boots are useless.

People are making out that gear @ 75 will become utterly useless.
 Fairy.Spence
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-03-09 19:46:44
Link | Quote | Reply

PCC woulda been a better example
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-03-09 19:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said:
PCC woulda been a better example

True, I suck.

The point still stands though.

Also trial of the magians.
 Fairy.Vincentius
By Fairy.Vincentius 2010-03-09 19:48:13
Link | Quote | Reply

But the non-HQ are 52, and they're still acceptable.

***, I see people still use Ochimusha Kote at 75 (A lot of people who shouldn't be, because you *** aren't monks), some even use Sarutobi Kyahan too. Just because it's not lv70+ doesn't mean it doesn't have a use.

And yeah, meant to quote Veg, but no dice >_>;
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-09 19:48:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
shadower said:

AF 1 are superior, it doesn't mean that the level 52 boots are useless.

Useless in the sense that once you get +1, you won't look back unless you're capped.

Let's say I have full usu, does that mean I never use byakko's again? no, they're both usable in diff situations. There is no situation aside from plain lv sync that af > AF+1, making them usless once you get+1
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-09 19:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vincentius said:
But the non-HQ are 52, and they're still acceptable.

***, I see people still use Ochimusha Kote at 75 (A lot of people who shouldn't be, because you *** aren't monks), some even use Sarutobi Kyahan too. Just because it's not lv70 doesn't mean it doesn't have a use.
Sarutobi Kyahan are slightly better than Fuma Sune-Ate, imo.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-03-09 19:49:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
shadower said:

Useless in the sense that once you get 1, you won't look back unless you're capped.

Let's say I have full usu, does that mean I never use byakko's again? no, they're both usable in diff situations. There is no situation aside from plain lv sync that af > AF 1, making them usless once you get 1

AF was a bad example, but the point still stands.
 Fairy.Vincentius
By Fairy.Vincentius 2010-03-09 19:50:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Sarutobi Kyahan are slightly better than Fuma Sune-Ate, imo.

How so? Other than the free card of course.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-09 19:50:58
Link | Quote | Reply

No agi, slightly less evasion, ups counter rate due to not dodging.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-09 19:51:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
shadower said:

Useless in the sense that once you get 1, you won't look back unless you're capped.

Let's say I have full usu, does that mean I never use byakko's again? no, they're both usable in diff situations. There is no situation aside from plain lv sync that af > AF 1, making them usless once you get 1

I never had anything against your point, just against your example.
 Bismarck.Danz
user: danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2010-03-09 19:52:04
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Vegetto. (completely off topic) i just put on a remix of mario 2 over-world music and i could not stop laughing at your avatar wile listening to it... they are synced soo well....

but yea. back on topic i can see SE doing alot more for MNK then what they have been.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-03-09 19:53:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
shadower said:

I never had anything against your point, just against your example.

We fly Dawg.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-09 19:55:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Syncs well w/ anything rly. From the hoodest of the hood to Miley Cyrus

Examples as follows

Fenrir.Dramanue
Server: Fenrir
user: Dramanue
By Fenrir.Dramanue 2010-03-09 20:03:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I stopped reading when the grammar went to hell. Either way, since someone decided to read it to me (namely my evil twin, Eunamard), I do believe that +ACC and +Subtle Blows... well... blows.

Thankfully, though, my main is RDM, and from what I have already heard, I may not be seeing much of an update either. Thirteen-some-odd jobs to choose from. I'm guessing I'll just stay as what I like (stay as RDM) or move on to something that might have some pretty nice updates (lolNin).
By Yuffy 2010-03-09 20:05:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
At the same time, there is no proof that it wont happen. What if SE, instead of destroying Shura Haidate +1 destroys PLD AF feet +1, same comment for anything existing in the game that has been king in X or Y situation in the past, for years.

None of us know. Some people choose the emo way "OMG ALL OUR GEAR IS DOOMED", others believe Trial of Magians will make things only slightly different but in the end, its useless talk until it happen.

As for MNK, wait and see, even if i agree with the shitty JA, acc for a salvage only job is definetly not the main thing to fix.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-09 20:09:43
Link | Quote | Reply

haidate+1 already got destroyed lol
By Yuffy 2010-03-09 20:11:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats what i'm saying, Hachiryu hasnt yet to come out etc.
 Cerberus.Jiko
Server: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2010-03-09 20:13:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Danz said:
as a main MNK, i wasn't too pleased with the announcements made at vanafest 2010. as many MNKs may know MNK doesn't get much when it comes to updates. a decent peace of gear here or there and lolfootworks is about as updated as it has gotten. in vanafest 2010 all jobs was noted to be getting rather decent or just outstanding updates. like PUP getting an A in H2H.. made me cry as a MNK knowing only martial arts and gear is the only thing that stands between PUP out damaging MNK with there fists. not to mention they have a beefy auto next to them spamming them with cure 5s and hitting with 1.5k weapons kills them self.

on top of that they insult MNK by giving them this for the update.

in return of TP gain and the ability to weapon skill.

ACC , and subtle blows ... WTF! how useless is that, EXP pt wise. completely. most MNKs have NO problem with there accuracy. and subtle blows is just crap unless your soloing something you just don't want weapon skilling as often. and subtle blows barely even shows with no matter how much you have. so sucks there. endgame. the acc would be killer i can see. but still nobody is going to put a MNK in endgame PT to feed the mobs TP regardless of how much subtle blows they have. MNK is just unfortunately left out of endgame unless your lucky enough to get in a chi-blast group

sadly this slap to the face is rely disgusted me with SEs thoughts on MNK and makes me want to drop it entirely and just level SAM. at least most of my gear wont go to waste...

what is everyone elses thoughts on this?

Cry more. Other jobs been screwed for years, learn to deal with it.
[+]
 Fairy.Basilo
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-03-09 20:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Danz said:
as a main MNK, i wasn't too pleased with pup getting high skill hand to hand etc etc

All dd jobs are fairly equal across the board I like to believe was SEs true intention. Mostly comes down to gear and skill in how well a job will parse in a merit pty anyway. Vegetto probably outparsed a penta sam with shite gear no doubt as his pup before the update. Ive outparsed sams as monk, its all gonna be balanced so ultimately it comes down to weather mob is weak to particular weapon and how much attk/haste/acc u got and how good a ws build u got.

Technically PUP dmg shouldnt increase as much as other dd jobs do as you add in more support to pty, 2brd with sams or monks should get more dd than 2 brd with pups as autos dont get effect of brd buffs. Im no 75 pup yet but as a pup 70atm id be just if not more excited hearing news that auto gets effect of brd buffs over the master getting higher hand to hand skill.

I dont really care too much about pup getting a boost from the perspective of being a monk. Did SE kill MNK at vanafest? no but you will find more pups out dding the gimper monks now though i guess.
 Bismarck.Animaal
user: Animaal
By Bismarck.Animaal 2010-03-09 20:21:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Yuffy said:

As for MNK, wait and see, even if i agree with the shitty JA, acc for a salvage only job is definetly not the main thing to fix.

MNK is more than a salvage only job. MNK can do alot of thing but people like to believe salvage is all it's good for. I've tanked Jailer of Faith and alot of other NMs even when i was told MNK can't do much in the game.

A lot of pups are talking ***to mnks in my server but really.. they're still lolpup.

Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2010-03-09 20:22:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Basilo said:
Bismarck.Danz said:
as a main MNK, i wasn't too pleased with pup getting high skill hand to hand etc etc

All dd jobs are fairly equal across the board I like to believe was SEs true intention. Mostly comes down to gear and skill in how well a job will parse in a merit pty anyway. Vegetto probably outparsed a penta sam with shite gear no doubt as his pup before the update. Ive outparsed sams as monk, its all gonna be balanced so ultimately it comes down to weather mob is weak to particular weapon and how much attk/haste/acc u got and how good a ws build u got.

Technically PUP dmg shouldnt increase as much as other dd jobs do as you add in more support to pty, 2brd with sams or monks should get more dd than 2 brd with pups as autos dont get effect of brd buffs. Im no 75 pup yet but as a pup 70atm id be just if not more excited hearing news that auto gets effect of brd buffs over the master getting higher hand to hand skill.

I dont really care too much about pup getting a boost from the perspective of being a monk. Did SE kill MNK at vanafest? no but you will find more pups out dding the gimper monks now though i guess.

PUP changes at 75 with stringing pummel, usukane, and other great ***you dont get eariler on.
 Bismarck.Hisagi
user: junpei87
By Bismarck.Hisagi 2010-03-09 20:22:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Who cares of mnk is an useless job.
[+]
 Cerberus.Jiko