Did SE Kill MNK @ Vanafest 2010?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Did SE kill MNK @ vanafest 2010?
Did SE kill MNK @ vanafest 2010?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-03-09 20:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Cuz everything has to benefit endgame activities amirite?
 Bismarck.Animaal
Server: Bismarck
user: Animaal
By Bismarck.Animaal 2010-03-09 20:27:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said:
Cuz everything has to benefit endgame activities amirite?

that's what everyone thinks apparently
 Bismarck.Animaal
By Bismarck.Animaal 2010-03-09 20:31:56
Link | Quote | Reply

but really if you're gonna say mnk is useless because they are in HNM and ***, why even bother posting on something about mnk and pup? both are useless for those events
[+]
 Fairy.Basilo
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-03-09 20:38:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Jiko said:
PUP changes at 75 with stringing pummel, usukane, and other great ***you dont get eariler on.

Wuts your point with this I know they get these, I had all these considered when I made the post. Both jobs are gonna be fairly equal tho imo just depends on gear and skill like I said. My point just was monk hasnt been killed is all.
Bismarck.Hisagi said:
Who cares of mnk is an useless job.

Depends what you do in game really. So ya mnk hasnt been killed and it isnt useless >.> lol.
 Bismarck.Hisagi
user: junpei87
By Bismarck.Hisagi 2010-03-09 20:43:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Basilo said:
Cerberus.Jiko said:
PUP changes at 75 with stringing pummel, usukane, and other great ***you dont get eariler on.

Wuts your point with this I know they get these, I had all these considered when I made the post. Both jobs are gonna be fairly equal tho imo just depends on gear and skill like I said. My point just was monk hasnt been killed is all.
Bismarck.Hisagi said:

Depends what you do in game really. So ya mnk hasnt been killed and it isnt useless >.> lol.

Unless you do a salvage run and then log off ffxi, i dont see how it can be usefull.
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-09 20:45:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Saves me time from having to lv mages to solo ***. Solo'd t1/2/3 ZNM today. While a mage can do it, quicker for me to do it as is now than lv another job gear it ect
 Bismarck.Animaal
By Bismarck.Animaal 2010-03-09 20:48:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Hisagi said:
Fairy.Basilo said:
Cerberus.Jiko said:

Bismarck.Hisagi said:

Unless you do a salvage run and then log off ffxi, i dont see how it can be usefull.

I'll let you all discuss this, not wasting my breath trying to explain to people who are hardcore endgame
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-03-09 20:51:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Well tbh I personally only do salvage now 3x a week as endgame but mnk is also decent for dynamis farms, einherjar I ended up tanking quite a bit as monk with TDG, some ZNM fights monk can tank, nyzul its decent, KSNMS, ISNMS, ENMS.

HNM isnt everything.
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-03-09 20:53:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Animaal said:
Bismarck.Hisagi said:
Fairy.Basilo said:
Cerberus.Jiko said:
Bismarck.Hisagi said:
I'll let you all discuss this, not wasting my breath trying to explain to people who are hardcore endgame

I was considering not bothering either lol, I was bored.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-03-09 21:05:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
haidate 1 already got destroyed lol
Something currently beats shura haidate +1 for acc uncapped AF?
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-09 21:07:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Blindphleb said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
haidate 1 already got destroyed lol
Something currently beats shura haidate 1 for acc uncapped AF?
No, but if you're not capped w/ pizza+1 and other options (Usu legs, hachiryu legs) you shouldn't be using Asuran to begin with(hi2 howling), especially if you have 25 ws acc head. Haven't used my haidate in ages.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-03-09 21:30:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Only area I think a MNK would be uncapped without shura haidate +1 would be colibri pt, and that would only be if you didn't have focus up.

So I can agree with your statement concerning the use of Usu/Hachiryu legs in place of shura.
By Nightbear 2010-03-09 21:46:49
Link | Quote | Reply

eh i get to go mnk to anything , if your mnk is good it will get in period. and im sorry to break it but subtle-blow + pennance = your mob never gets a damn tp move off you. go caps your merits on pennance and try it out. MNK can out do almost any job on a merit party ( even on brids been 2% below a sam or a drg is not shaby ;3) also remember mnk has to gimp it self with /NIN to beging with. every merited MNK/WAR? you laugh @ SAM/DRGs or DRG/SAMs whem comes to dmg. so like Yonnin for NIN, if you cry about Yonnin messing your acc is probably becouse you should not be playing NIN to beging with. MNK dont really need anything. A Pup needs a puppet to do its job. if the toy dies... the PUP becomes a gimpy gimped mnk. gear wise.. Blackbelt hello? not dissing PUPs just they DO need the update . we mnks dont.
 Fenrir.Omnyrishaa
Server: Fenrir
user: Omny
By Fenrir.Omnyrishaa 2010-03-09 21:51:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Pup breaking 300 hand to hand skill and having an automaton while Monk is still stuck at 299. How balanced.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-09 21:55:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Those knuckles aren't the best thing to wear though so less than 300 skill will be better than 300 skill
 Cerberus.Jiko
Server: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2010-03-09 22:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Those knuckles aren't the best thing to wear though so less than 300 skill will be better than 300 skill

+2 damage +10 h2h beat out NQ Hades sainti...
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-03-09 22:11:18
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Caitsith.Jadi
Server: Caitsith
user: Jadi
By Caitsith.Jadi 2010-03-09 22:13:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I think MNK got killed by the two handed patch way back when.. Now they are just situationally good DD's.

MNK is the only melee DD job I have, and it's pimped out very well but I still find it really difficult to put up numbers in a parse against other DD's in my LS, even those that are geared/merited much worse comparatively than I am. I've also seem some of the (supposedly) best geared MNK's on my server in action and.. maybe they just had a few bad fights.. but they failed to really impress..

They do tank pretty well though, and I think this is where SE should give them a boost.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-09 22:14:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Jiko said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:

2 damage 10 h2h beat out NQ Hades sainti...
Gl w/ that. Have better chance to synth hq hades
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2010-03-09 22:18:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Cerberus.Jiko said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:

2 damage 10 h2h beat out NQ Hades sainti...
Gl w/ that. Have better chance to synth hq hades

I've gotten close a few times going for +4 Pet MAB ones...
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Server: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2010-03-09 22:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk another good piece at 75 is chiv chain and it's lvl 60. I'd say your gear won't become obsolete if they don't implement gear that is rediculously superior to what already exists. So if there is gear that is similar to idk... askar, hauby, etc then you can still use your existing gear if you already have it.
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2010-03-09 22:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Wardens said:
Idk another good piece at 75 is chiv chain and it's lvl 60. I'd say your gear won't become obsolete if they don't implement gear that is rediculously superior to what already exists. So if there is gear that is similar to idk... askar, hauby, etc then you can still use your existing gear if you already have it.

I dont know if thats an attempt at trolling... or if you're serious.
 Cerberus.Watanabie
user: Watanabie
By Cerberus.Watanabie 2010-03-13 10:09:34
Link | Quote | Reply

First off, in terms of straight melee MNK will always be superior to a PUP simply because of Martial arts VI vs. Martial Arts III. Unless the MNK in question is vastly undergeared than said PUP. The only way a PUP ever beats MNK is with the Puppet...Not the Puppetmaster. Also, Stringing Pummel is good,but it doesnt beat Asuran Fists. Unless the MNK is complete Suck at WS gearing.
 Seraph.Dricent
Server: Seraph
user: Dricent
By Seraph.Dricent 2010-03-13 10:10:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't feel bad.... It looks like they gonna F up Sam too. Thinking of lowering sekkenoki to lower level so it can be used on subs. Drakesbane x2. Every job gonna be able to solo skillchains now. The only thing I like thus far is the possible additions of new white magic.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-13 10:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

lol sam was broken far before sekk, other jobs having it isn't gonna make much of a diff. Will help them catch up a bit.
 Shiva.Darkshade
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-03-13 10:34:06
Link | Quote | Reply

shadower said:
Well, I already quit FFXI...LMAO...f'cked all those updates...I'm not gonna grinding exp, getting new gears for all the jobs again.
Thanks for your input. All of us appreciate it. You have touched lives today.
 Fenrir.Shambo
Server: Fenrir
user: Shambo
By Fenrir.Shambo 2010-03-13 10:35:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Darkshade said:
shadower said:
Well, I already quit FFXI...LMAO...f'cked all those updates...I'm not gonna grinding exp, getting new gears for all the jobs again.
Thanks for your input. All of us appreciate it. You have touched lives today.

why are you guys ragging on Shadower?
 Bismarck.Awezomeos
user: Awezomeos
By Bismarck.Awezomeos 2010-03-13 10:55:18
Link | Quote | Reply

MNK is MNK and PUP is PUP they dont have much common except they both use H2H . Whats all the fuzz about.
[+]
 Fairy.Biginallways
user: Biggie87
By Fairy.Biginallways 2010-03-13 11:24:57
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL at all the people who say "mnks just don't put up good numbers". Run a parser and see the proof. While you'll almost never see high WS numbers on mnks, the DoT they put out is insane. Btw, is everyone forgetting that mnks get 3 additional martial arts traits over pup? What about Black Belt? That's 8% haste that pups will never see. This thread is pointless imho. Pup is generally used as a solo job.