FFXI LGBT Community, Who Are You?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » FFXI LGBT Community, who are you?
FFXI LGBT Community, who are you?
First Page 2 3 ... 1487 1488 1489 ... 1505 1506 1507
 Ragnarok.Haorhu
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: haorhu
By Ragnarok.Haorhu 2014-02-17 11:39:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Protectorchrono said: »
Never thought I would find a FFXI LGBT Community! I'm gay, 26 and live in the US. Nice to meet you all! :D Anyone from Carbuncle or Bahamut run a LGBT LS I could join?

Hey nice to meet and welcome i here
[+]
 Alexander.Carrelo
Server: Alexander
user: Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2014-02-17 16:39:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Protectorchrono said: »
Never thought I would find a FFXI LGBT Community! I'm gay, 26 and live in the US. Nice to meet you all! :D Anyone from Carbuncle or Bahamut run a LGBT LS I could join?
This thread is a total ghost town lately, but welcome all the same. :]
[+]
 Lakshmi.Thom
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Thom 2014-02-17 16:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Im looking for a new opportunity. A fresh start is always good.
 Alexander.Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2014-02-17 16:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Thom said: »
Im looking for a new opportunity. A fresh start is always good.
Same here! I just had an interview for a position teaching Mandarin at a nearby university. :] They seemed pretty impressed, so I'm crossing my fingers there will be enough students to open a class.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Thom
By Lakshmi.Thom 2014-02-17 18:09:46
Link | Quote | Reply

IRL and In game. Im thinking about paying for a world transfer.
By Darkdawn777 2014-02-25 02:25:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey hey!

Just started a new LS in Shiva, and over half our members are GLBT ect. Totally open to anyone who wants to join and help me make a GLBT friendly ls.

Most are playing from Japan, but we come from many different countries.

If there any Shiva players around looking for some fun/companionship/willing to assist---hit me up in game. Darkdawn

LSのメンバーを募集しています!
Shivaの新しいリンクシェールを作りました!たまたまなんだけど半分以上はゲイかレズです。w 殆どは日本に住んでる人で日本語は全然オッケーです! 

是非、是非 入りたいと思ったらゲームの中でTELLをしてください!ゲームの名前はDarkdawnです。宜しくお願いします。
 Asura.Natenn
Server: Asura
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2014-02-25 18:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-02-25 18:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Darkdawn777 said: »
over half our members are GLBT
So... three out of five, then?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Alexander.Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2014-02-25 21:03:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey hey!

Just started a new LS in Shiva, and over half our members are GLBT ect. Totally open to anyone who wants to join and help me make a GLBT friendly ls.

Most are playing from Japan, but we come from many different countries.

If there any Shiva players around looking for some fun/companionship/willing to assist---hit me up in game. Darkdawn

LSのメンバーを募集しています!
Shivaの新しいリンクシェールを作りました!たまたまなんだけど半分以上はゲイかレズです。w 殆どは日本に住んでる人で日本語は全然オッケーです! 

是非、是非 入りたいと思ったらゲームの中でTELLをしてください!ゲームの名前はDarkdawnです。宜しくお願いします。
フォーラムへようこそ!

昨年中国に住んでいる時に、この種のリンクシェールが要りました!今は他の時間帯だから、アメリカ友達のLSに参加しました。このため、ゲームの時間が限られています。しかし、時々手伝うことが出来るかもしれません^^ 日本語が下手ですけどw
[+]
 Alexander.Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2014-02-26 01:11:02
Link | Quote | Reply

What's with all the people on grindr "just looking for friends"? 90% of them are obviously there to hook up or score a date, but I feel like they could accomplish both of those things a lot faster if they'd just admit it in the first place. <___<

Seriously, even the ones who go to the trouble of putting "partnered" in their profile will eventually go from "oh, I'm just here to chat" to "sooooo, wanna come over tonight?"
[+]
 Carbuncle.Protectorchrono
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Protectorchrono 2014-02-26 01:17:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Carrelo said: »
What's with all the people on grindr "just looking for friends"? 90% of them are obviously there to hook up or score a date, but I feel like they could accomplish both of those things a lot faster if they'd just admit it in the first place. <___<

Seriously, even the ones who go to the trouble of putting "partnered" in their profile will eventually go from "oh, I'm just here to chat" to "sooooo, wanna come over tonight?"

Hehe their probably just to shy to admit they are there for more then "just looking for friends". xD
 Alexander.Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2014-02-26 01:33:44
Link | Quote | Reply

idk lol, they never seem very shy to me!
[+]
 Cerberus.Elvyn
Server: Cerberus
user: Elvyn87
By Cerberus.Elvyn 2014-02-26 02:04:38
Link | Quote | Reply

idk lol, they never seem very shy to me!
ROFL 100% true. I think tbh it's so if someone proposition's them who isn't there type/preferred shag they can fall back on the "I'm Sorry, I'm just looking for chat at the moment"... Maybe that says more about me though ¬_¬ lol
[+]
 Alexander.Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2014-02-26 02:14:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm that actually makes sense. I've always seen it as kind of a sign of respect to (politely) tell someone if you aren't interested, because otherwise you're treating them like they can't handle it. This way could definitely save some hassle though... lol
 Cerberus.Elvyn
Server: Cerberus
user: Elvyn87
By Cerberus.Elvyn 2014-02-26 03:46:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea... I'v tried the "I'm sorry your not my type/not interested" normally I get back a msg say "OMGWADD you're racist/size-st/ageist/fat/stupid" etc...etc... Problem is in England most people who use Grndr also use Gaydar, so there are odd occasions when then track you down on both to have a go at you.
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-02-26 05:07:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm that actually makes sense. I've always seen it as kind of a sign of respect to (politely) tell someone if you aren't interested, because otherwise you're treating them like they can't handle it. This way could definitely save some hassle though... lol
a.) Most people don't do respect.

b.) How do you do this politely? I'm serious. Even someone who is used to rejection never really comes to handle it well. They might not say anything about it, but most people don't want to hurt feelings, so it's an impossible tightrope.

This is especially true on a place like Grindr for a handful of reasons. For one, it's inherently superficial, so saying, "You're not my type," almost always carries some very definite implications that do not reflect well on the person saying it. I once got into a debate with someone who I wasn't into for a variety of reasons but he was convinced that it was primarily the color of his skin (it wasn't) and... yeah, I'm bad at walking away from debates but that one I exited in a hurry.

Additionally, since it is mostly just a hook-up app, I find that some people are not going to alienate someone in case they should become desperate or feel like wrangling something specific. I've lost count of how many unattractive guys who've propositioned for me to use them like a blow-up doll because that's what they've been conditioned to accept (the list of things I find less attractive than treating someone that way is rather short, too).

And the whole "just looking for friends" schtick is also because, especially in the gay community, you can be tracked down. If one uses, let's say, both Grindr and Manhunt, as I know many people do, keeping a consistent front is necessary, especially when you're cheating, as so many are. That and just not wanting to look like the easiest piece of *** in a 10-mile radius tend to incentivize dishonesty.

Better question to ask: Why are you on Grindr? I'm in no place to judge based on some of the hooking up that I've done, but a big part of why I moved past that was because it didn't fulfill my needs, it was a major hassle to wade through the ***, and pretending that it was anything more than a place to hook up was self-deluding. I know there are exceptions. I met one of my boyfriends on Manhunt, after all. But it's probably a 5% chance at best. Far better to wander towards more relationship-oriented places unless you are just looking for easy sex. If you are, by all means, carry on.
 Alexander.Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2014-02-26 18:55:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I know it makes it hard to read, but I'm spoilering my response to most of this. I talk too much. :<

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
a.) Most people don't do respect.
Yeah, but that just makes it more important in my opinion.

b.) How do you do this politely? I'm serious. Even someone who is used to rejection never really comes to handle it well. They might not say anything about it, but most people don't want to hurt feelings, so it's an impossible tightrope.

This is especially true on a place like Grindr for a handful of reasons. For one, it's inherently superficial, so saying, "You're not my type," almost always carries some very definite implications that do not reflect well on the person saying it.

I once got into a debate with someone who I wasn't into for a variety of reasons but he was convinced that it was primarily the color of his skin (it wasn't) and... yeah, I'm bad at walking away from debates but that one I exited in a hurry.

Additionally, since it is mostly just a hook-up app, I find that some people are not going to alienate someone in case they should become desperate or feel like wrangling something specific.

And the whole "just looking for friends" schtick is also because, especially in the gay community, you can be tracked down. If one uses, let's say, both Grindr and Manhunt, as I know many people do, keeping a consistent front is necessary, especially when you're cheating, as so many are. That and just not wanting to look like the easiest piece of *** in a 10-mile radius tend to incentivize dishonesty.

Better question to ask: Why are you on Grindr? I'm in no place to judge based on some of the hooking up that I've done, but a big part of why I moved past that was because it didn't fulfill my needs, it was a major hassle to wade through the ***, and pretending that it was anything more than a place to hook up was self-deluding. I know there are exceptions. I met one of my boyfriends on Manhunt, after all. But it's probably a 5% chance at best. Far better to wander towards more relationship-oriented places unless you are just looking for easy sex. If you are, by all means, carry on.
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-02-26 20:08:36
Link | Quote | Reply

At any rate, I've done a lot of thinking about "types." I think it's unfortunate that we limit our options by insisting on a certain collection of superficial traits, but I don't know that it's necessarily wrong to "have a type."
I suspect I've done at least as much thinking about this as you, if not more. I am hamstrung by knowing too much, though.

Ugh, the question of race and attraction is such a massive can of worms. In my case, I don't think it's possible for someone who isn't white to possess more than like... a couple of the physical traits I like. Skin color isn't especially important to me, but it just happens to preclude a lot of other things that I find attractive.

Yeah, I don't really know. For awhile I liked it for hookups, but I don't really do that anymore.

Anyhow, although I doubt it makes you feel any better, you and I are both voicing concerns that have persisted in the community for as long as the community has existed. And many of the same problems crop up in the lesbian and straight communities, too, though each of the three major waystations has its own unique aspects.

Personally, I blame Disney (figuratively speaking). The world would be a lot better if people accepted that 99% of everyone we meet, we'll never remember and, moreover, 99% of every attempt at a relationship will probably fail. The whole love-at-first-sight/true-love-forever schtick is what ruins people, making them hopeless or callous or apathetic, often all three. My parents have been together since high school and growing up with that knowledge has been a direct cause of half my relationship neuroses, what with me being well past high school and nowhere near a long-term stable relationship.
[+]
By Darkdawn777 2014-03-02 21:02:28
Link | Quote | Reply

6 out of 8 thank you. ;-) Care to add to those numbers?
By Darkdawn777 2014-03-02 21:10:02
Link | Quote | Reply

What's our shell focus?
So far our shell is perfectly divided into people who have been playing for awhile and new players. At first our focus was Abyssea, but now we are just trying to help raise up the new players and have fun doing it.

It's less of a "delve only" or "skirmish only" focus and more of a "let's help everyone and have fun" theme.

Lot's of content the higher end of our LS hasn't done yet, so someone who could guide us through stuff is for sure welcome!

Carello, 日本語は上手ですね。w 勿論時間があれば一緒に遊びましょう! ShivaのCharacterがありますか?もしあれば、是非私たちと日本語の練習をしてください。 
アメリカの昼の間誰もいないと思うけど深夜と朝6人ー8人がいます!
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-03-02 21:29:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Would consider it if I was playing. And don't mind the snark, I was really just commenting on low server population.
[+]
 Alexander.Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2014-03-02 22:38:05
Link | Quote | Reply

ShivaのCharacterがありますか?
ありますよ!ShivaとAlexanderは同じワールドになりました~ でもAlexanderの方がすごかったと思いますw

もしあれば、是非私たちと日本語の練習をしてください。 
アメリカの昼の間誰もいないと思うけど深夜と朝6人ー8人がいます!
LSと日本語の練習するのが楽しそうです^^
残念ながら、一般的に、その時に寝ています。(/ω\)
 Alexander.Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2014-03-02 23:10:57
Link | Quote | Reply

fml x.x /sea all abysgraub, only 1 person in zone. Not THF, not /THF, no seacom. I'm like, sweet, I can finally work some more on these *** souls. Except nope. Of course that one guy would be doing souls with no TH. I swear to god, this ***is being camped every single time I check. -.-
[+]
By Darkdawn777 2014-03-03 00:52:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Would consider it if I was playing. And don't mind the snark, I was really just commenting on low server population.

Aww, well come back and play and add to the server population!
I love a bit of snark. Snark away! :-)
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2014-03-03 02:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I;m convinced all of those websites and apps are just ***. I can't for the life of me get someone to actually talk let alone meet up. I don't believe its because im ugly or shallow or boring or whatever. I think people are so detached online, I'd bet each of those people if I met in person, I could land a date with them, but everyones so damn flakey online.
[+]
 Alexander.Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2014-03-03 02:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, the online aspect makes it hard for a lot of people to remember that they're dealing with more than just a photo and a tagline. They don't consider the consequences that their flakiness will have for other people (wasted time, hurt feelings, etc.). Some of them are really just *** too. Can't forget the ***!
 Alexander.Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2014-03-03 03:03:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ughhhh another person came to pop Gamayun despite my seacom. -.- And good lord it's taking forever for him to kill. How does someone need 8min to kill Gamayun with ilevel gear? o__O

Edit: Ugh, no pdt set on the WHM. Splat. Watching someone zombie Maere while waiting on the T2 they killed is soooo much fun. x.x People should just stick to Altepa or Uleguerand if they aren't prepared... what a waste of time. ><
[+]
 Lakshmi.Thom
By Lakshmi.Thom 2014-03-03 15:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva sounds good. 1 LGBT friendly LS and a Beastmaster/SMN ls. it would be good.
[+]
 Asura.Ohomin
Server: Asura
user: Ohomin
By Asura.Ohomin 2014-03-03 15:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Just thought i'd pop in and say hi XD. Don't have id's paid for yet so bored staring at ffxiah.com oh and listening to some random tunes... ò.ó
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 1487 1488 1489 ... 1505 1506 1507