Shura togi Vs Kirins Osode
First Page 2
 Odin.Spccdog
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: spccdog
By Odin.Spccdog 2010-01-25 11:45:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I know some people out there have ran tests on which is better. I would like their opinions please.
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-01-25 11:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Can we add the below into the equation? I'm a career WHM so I'm still trying to increase my knowledge on melee stats.

Mirke Wardecors
DEF: 42 HP +10 MP +10 STR +5 DEX +5
AGI +5
Augments:
Accuracy+10
Attack+10
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-01-25 11:50:38
Link | Quote | Reply

There are at least 3 or 4 threads on this site for the same topic.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-01-25 11:51:00
Link | Quote | Reply

If you need the accuracy, Shura beats Kirin's Osode. Shura will also beat the Osode if you're fSTR capped, which isn't hard to do on MNK due to the low weapon rank. The above Mirke is generally better than both due to more accuracy and a stronger combination of atk and fSTR. Even if you don't need the accuracy, it's likely possible to make a few trades elsewhere that give you better returns.
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-25 11:59:38
Link | Quote | Reply

While 10 str is better than 20 attack, the 5 extra acc of togi brings it the win. Unless you're capping fstr though, in a pure dmg/hit, osode will win.

Capped h2h merits, destroyers gives you 53 DMG. Let's assume you have some fstr beforehand, we'll say 5, brings your DMG rating to 58.

Osode will add a minimum of 2 DMG and up to 3 (2 50% of the time on average and 3 50% of the time)

60/58 = 3.448% increase
61/58 = 5.172% increase

(5.172 + 3.448)/2 = 4.31% increase on average. Mnk DoT/WS ratio is about 65/35, so TP'ing on str only helps your DoT, not your WS damage.

4.31 x .65 = 2.8015% increase

Assuming 460 attack on G colibri, togi is a 15 attack increase from osode (osode gives 5 attack from the str)
((475/293)-.35)/((460/293)-.35) = 4.196% increase

The attack also applies to DoT only when melee'ing in it.

4.196 x .65 = 2.724% increase

When your fstr is higher, osode will give less of an increase. When your attack is higher, togi will give less of an increase (Minuet/chaos roll)

As you can see though, they're close enough before even looking at the acc. Osode would be if your acc was at 95% hitrate (perhaps in your focus up macro) and togi is better any time you need the accuracy (Focus down in most cases).

Mirke Wardecors beats them both in uncapped acc w/ +10 acc +10 attack. (and also possibly w/ capped acc)
[+]
 Odin.Spccdog
Server: Odin
user: spccdog
By Odin.Spccdog 2010-01-25 12:41:56
Link | Quote | Reply

thank you vegetto! thats exactly what i was looking for, appreciate the reply.
 Bahamut.Godbringer
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Godbringer 2010-01-25 13:43:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Spccdog said:
thank you vegetto! thats exactly what i was looking for, appreciate the reply.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-25 13:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Yup, np. Just remember that the higher the defense, the higher the increase from the attack, but you'll most likely have a lower fstr on these mobs, as they most likely have a higher vit, so you'll most likely gain more from the str as well, but on mobs these tough, unlikely for your acc to be capped to begin with.
 Sylph.Sindri
Server: Sylph
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-01-25 14:16:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Im not sure what fSTR does for MNK exactly, I'm a noob like that, but about 50% of the monks I see including Spharai/Glanzfaust holders (Ive seen 3/2) use Togi, the remaining use Usukane Set, very few full time Osode, and most of the MNKs have Double Attack + Crit Hit 3 if they got a Mirke to stack with Destroyers. I think it's a toss-up to whatever you prefer really.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-25 14:21:40
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no toss up, based on preference. There are preferences, but some will do less damage than others.

For example, the 10 acc alone on mirke and even if you picked something useless like pet magic attack bonus, would easily beat +2% DA and +3 crits as augments.

This is how Fstr works. Let's say Destroyers are DMG+18, for every 1 fstr, your DMG goes up by 1 until you reach cap. It takes 4 str to raise fstr by 1. So if your fstr is 0, add 4 str and now your destroyers are the equivalent of DMG+19
 Fairy.Spence
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-01-25 14:22:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been meaning to ask why 10 attack beats out the 2% DA or 3% Crit
(The other mod being 10 acc)
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-25 14:26:04
Link | Quote | Reply

3% crits are pretty lackluster tbh. They will be less than a 3% increase to DoT, and if you double the body as a WS piece as well, contribute absolutely nothing to WS damage, as Asuran can't crit.

10 attack, depending on what your attack is will be just below 2% DA on DoT, but again, when doubling it as a WS piece, 10 attack will contribute to WS, where as Asuran Fists can not DA, as it is already at the 8-swing/round cap in ffxi.
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-01-25 14:29:21
Link | Quote | Reply

What about TP gain from the DA, increasing WS frequency a tad? Or negligible difference?
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-25 14:31:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said:
What about TP gain from the DA, increasing WS frequency a tad? Or negligible difference?
Already factored in when comparing to the 10 attack.

for other jobs, the 2% da would tribute to DoT, WS frequency, AND direct ws damage, where as the attack would only tribute to DoT and direct WS damage. Since 2% DA does nothing for asuran, it eliminates the added bonus of helping three aspects of damage, and brings it to 2 aspects vs 2 aspects.
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-01-25 14:32:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, thanks for clearing that up
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-01-25 14:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

What about the below ASA reward (legs)? Is there anything that beats it (including different augments) that is easier to obtain than Byakko's Haidate / Usukane?

Desultor Tassets
DEF:34 DEX +2 AGI +2
Augments:
Haste+3%
Attack+7

I'm assuming Byakko's > Usukane except for full Usu?
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-25 14:44:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Haste 3%, accuracy 7 >>>>>>>>>>>>> attack 7. If you're overcapping accuracy, swap some out of another slot to compensate. If you're not overcapping, you'll be happy for the 7 acc.

The rest of your post is correct.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-01-25 14:46:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I was wondering about that. With sushi, would have capped ACC on birds (with piece as is). I had a feeling you'd tell me acc. Had a discussion with LS mate and thought switching it to att might be better.

Thanks.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-25 14:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're that far over cap, swap an acc ring to a flame ring, Nkote to okote, hell can even swap a pcc/faith torque to a justice torque (which i have done at times). If you're overshooting, you can always compensate. Better to be prepared for when you're not capped than lacking when you do need.

np
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-01-25 14:54:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
If you're that far over cap, swap an acc ring to a flame ring, Nkote to okote, hell can even swap a pcc/faith torque to a justice torque (which i have done at times). If you're overshooting, you can always compensate. Better to be prepared for when you're not capped than lacking when you do need.

np
I'm working on improving GF's char slot by slot. Currently finishing up expansions (legs, body, and head for Asuran Fists macro) then going to work on other sets. Gimme a sec and I'll post item sets for current gear and then what I'm looking at for upgrades. Keep in mind I'm going through the upgrades based on ease.

When I say she would hit cap from the two expansion pieces + crab sushi, that's based off of ffxicalc so could be wrong.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-25 14:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

ffxicalc is pretty accurate, as long as you enter the correct values for the mob's stats.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2010-01-25 14:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
ffxicalc is pretty accurate, as long as you enter the correct values for the mob's stats.

On this, it bases the Acc calc on G.colibri, it shows lvl 82 337 Eva, I already showed you the actual values, 82 339 being the one I use. I don't think calc has crab sushi in the drop down, but yea It's an awesome tool.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-25 15:00:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Rumaha said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:

On this, it bases the Acc calc on G.colibri, it shows lvl 82 337 Eva, I already showed you the actual values, 82 339 being the one I use. I don't think calc has crab sushi in the drop down, but yea It's an awesome tool.
82 339 is actually incorrect, this was correct a long time ago. The lv 82 ones do, indeed have 337 eva, it's the generally accepted value across various forums + wiki.

Also, crab sushi is in the drop down in the latest version, as well as pizza, ect.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-25 15:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bleh, someone edited wiki. It was 337, which is correct. I wonder who changed it.

Edit:
Yea, the numbers on there now were put in during 2007, definitely outdated.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-01-25 15:03:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Bahamut.Rumaha said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:

82 339 is actually incorrect, this was correct a long time ago. The lv 82 ones do, indeed have 337 eva, it's the generally accepted value across various forums wiki.

Also, crab sushi is in the drop down in the latest version, as well as pizza, ect.
This is the data I was using (337). Almost done with item sets.

Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2010-01-25 15:06:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Bahamut.Rumaha said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:

82 339 is actually incorrect, this was correct a long time ago. The lv 82 ones do, indeed have 337 eva, it's the generally accepted value across various forums wiki.

Word? I have to update then, in that case *** wiki and it saying 339 forever.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2010-01-25 15:07:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Bleh, someone edited wiki. It was 337, which is correct. I wonder who changed it.

Edit:
Yea, the numbers on there now were put in during 2007, definitely outdated.

Just changed it to 337 lol(Wiki that is)

Edit**

Also I almost ALWAYS forgot to change it to 339 so almost all of my % are based correctly lol
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-01-25 15:19:53
Link | Quote | Reply

current:

Next upgrades (Mirke Warecors with ACC+10, ATT+10 | Desultor Tassets with Haste+3%, ACC+7):

I left one earring and one ring blank. Earring because I can't remember which other earring we were planning on getting next. Ring because I'm sure the Toreador has a low drop rate. Not sure what else to use with it other than snipers/woodsman for now.

We will have sea access in 2 weeks from Today. Sky access but no group right now. CoP, RoZ, and ToAU are all incomplete (but are being completed in that order)

Again, want to emphasize that I'm going by ease of getting it. Legs are obviously the main slot that needs upgrading, atm.

Edit: I also want to emphasize that I am a career WHM. Still learning the ins and outs of DD jobs.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-25 15:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

For current gear, anything w/ any kind of offensive stat whatsoever is better than AF legs, even something as simple as republic subligar should hold you over until you get the shantoto pants.

Rajas/acc tor definitely for your later build. If no tor, can go w/ woodsman or ulthalam's to match w/ Rajas. If she has a mage job and does salvage, then get the mage ring, as ulthalam's is simply a sidegrade from woodsman and wouldn't be worth it if she could get better use out of it.

For ears, if all she does as mnk is colibri, those will hold you over (speaking of the completed set). If you do anything where your acc would be uncapped, Hollow earring, active minuet earring, and diabolos' earring all fit that slot very well.

Aside from obvious long term upgrades, the rest looks fine.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2010-01-25 15:26:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Pcc is a ***load easier to get then Torque, otherwise looks good, other earing Minuet? or Coral +1 with 6 Atk, Hollow? Ethereal?, B.kote is an upgrade over O kote if we are going that way.

Edit**

So Minuet beats Coral+1? I would think with uncapped Acc Hollow wins, and capped then Coral+1, Ethereal is meh offense wise but the earrings are one of a kind and might have from PLD or some ***.
First Page 2