Farming Riftcinder + Heavy Metal How To Go About It?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Farming Riftcinder + Heavy Metal How to go about it?
Farming Riftcinder + Heavy Metal How to go about it?
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2024-02-29 13:16:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Materdark said: »
Tarage said: »
I just got 13 stack 4 drop after each kill in NEW Moon day? or was i just luckey?
I HATE that you are actually trying to bring moon phases into this. You are the absolute worst. I hate you, seriously.

maybe i was crafting while fighting lol no one said you had to love me :P

one way to speed this up is if you have 17 mule and have access to this and have ***loads of stones.

Or you could buy gil. That would probably be quicker and end up cheaper than maintaining 17 mules.
(I'm not being remotely serious)
By Seun 2024-02-29 13:43:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
I just got 13 stack 4 drop after each kill in NEW Moon day? or was i just luckey?
I HATE that you are actually trying to bring moon phases into this. You are the absolute worst. I hate you, seriously.

one way to speed this up is if you have 17 mule and have access to this and have ***loads of stones.

Or you could buy gil. That would probably be quicker and end up cheaper than maintaining 17 mules.

Why not both? Wouldn't surprise me at all if this was how most people with multiple accounts and/or mules get their start at least.
 Asura.Materdark
Server: Asura
By Asura.Materdark 2024-02-29 13:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Seun said: »

Why not both? Wouldn't surprise me at all if this was how most people with multiple accounts and/or mules get their start at least.

and then warp hack while you are at it lol

You know what i'm saying bro :P

By Meeble 2024-02-29 15:59:13
Link | Quote | Reply

9 pouches??? How many seals did you have??? Like, 4000?? I usually have 500-1000 and I might get 1 or 2 pouches if I'm lucky. Now, I agree that macrocosmic is fairly decent in dropping random stuff to sell, but let's face it. Unless you have a ridiculous amount of seals to burn, you aren't getting that many pouches each time the campaign comes around. Not unless you're super lucky and/or have multiple characters doing this.

Also, we need to remember that this takes Sacred Kindred Crests, and login points are the best way to get a lot of these. A returning player may be buying other things with their points, and they won't naturally have a surplus built up from years of play.

A few years ago I knew a 6-boxer whose main income loop was grinding escha mobs or easy apex to cap unity and then farming fights for sellables. Whenever macro campaign rolled around he'd usually have 20-30k seals to dump.

I couldn't imagine doing that much inventory management every day, but he seemed happy with it.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-02-29 16:02:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Meeble said: »
I couldn't imagine doing that much inventory management every day, but he seemed happy with it.

If it's a 6-boxer, I'm sure "inventory management" can be replaced with "Treasury settings"
By Meeble 2024-02-29 16:09:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Meeble said: »

If it's a 6-boxer, I'm sure "inventory management" can be replaced with "Treasury settings"

For macro orbs, yeah, assuming you don't cleave. If you cleave stuff hits the pool too fast for Treasury to handle.

And it wouldn't do anything for Unity farming, since those come from the personal reward boxes.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-02-29 16:16:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure what functions are handled by which addons, but I know there's one (maybe treasury, maybe others) which tosses undesirable items from your inventory, so I'm sure there's also heavy usage of that, and sellnpc to sell the "valuable enough to NPC it" stuff.

I imagine there's not much actual work involved in a scheme like this. Other than manually killing all those mobs, of course.

Macro orb campaigns can be seriously profitable though, especially for the hexed/cursed gear. Prices vary by server of course, but you can make millions per piece on some of that stuff, which kinda dwarfs the 200k you'll get in Alexandrite or HMP or w/e.